MAVALA Nail Hardener

MAVALA Nail Hardener

4.5

Water, Formaldehyde, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Chamomile Extract, Garlic Extract, Cocamide DEA, Pine Oil, Eucalyptus Oil, Lemon Oil, FD&C Blue #

on 8/23/2012 5:31:00 PM

UPDATE: It worked, it doesnt do anything now when I tried after some time again and nothing improved...

OLD:It works. It definitely does but everyone before using it should check if you dont use nail polishes with formaldehyde and what formaldehyde is!!!!!

Its really important because you can damage terribly your nails :)

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I really like this product. I quite dislike the smell though. I really like that it's not a base coat or anything so it does feel like it is absorbed into your nail to do it's work. I use it every time I do my nails and my nail breakage has pretty much stopped. When I first started using it I cut my nails as short as i could to re-build them.
I put it on clean nails then rub in my strengthening hand and nail cream, and it works wonders. Worth the money.

on 6/8/2012 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

For me it's a miracle worker. I've been using it regularly 5 years now and I'm very pleased.
I just apply a little at the end of the nails 1-2 times per week and go on with my manicure. I like the fact that it's so liquidy, quickly absorbed and you can't tell there's a thing on. A nail can break every once in a while but nothing terrible, before this nail hardener my nails were always too soft. Worked great for my mother as well. Totally recommended!

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

My hands and natural nails are very important to me. I feel you can tell a lot by a person by looking at their nails. Intially I followed the directions by applying it twice per week. After 1 month of doing that one by one my nails slowly started to chip. I'm not one to give up, so I filed all of my nails down and started from scratch. After the white tips started to appear, I used a tiny amount on that section twice a month.

That was about 4 months ago, now my nails are looking wonderful and just in time for spring! My nails do not break. These days I'm only using it as needed. For the very first time in my life all of my nails are the same length and I am able to grow out my nails and shape them as I want.

I should also note that I use a hydrating base coat after using this product and Badger Cuticle Care Treatment 2 - 3 times per day on my cuticle and into my nails to keep my nails hydrated. From what I read it can dry out your nails which can cause them to eventually break. I believe this is what happened to my natural nails the first go around.

The key with this product IMO is to use a little of the product just on the tips, OBSERVE your nails and make adjustments as needed. If they are getting too hard, take a break or cut back the frequency of use. If they are still too soft, bump up the frequency. I've even found that I've had to use the product more on my middle and index fingers since they used to break the most, while leaving the other fingers alone.

I am in love with this product and this item has become a regular part of my beauty routine. :-)

on 7/31/2011 4:58:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I find this helpful, my nail was in terrible condition before and I was so desperate that I quickly ran to mavala counter and religiously follow what the counter sales told me to do. Luckily I did cos my nails is better now, and I'm only using this once in a while - actually only when my nail start drying and breaking again ^-^ cos it will make cuticles hard too.
But I like this. Will def repurchase - if it ever finish

on 1/28/2011 8:23:00 AM

I was so excited to get this after all of the wonderful reviews, but alas, it was not to be. I gave it a fair shot by using it for at least a month and also following the directions carefully. My nails became drier and more brittle than before. My nails went back to their original weak and fragile state as soon as I stopped using it. Will not buy again, did not work for me :(

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I bought this product based on the reviews here, and I'm really happy and satisfied so far.

First, my nails: they are short, they chip a LOT so they never grow AT ALL. They just DONT GROW, is sooo annoying.

Things I've tried: I tried many many diferent multivitamins to see if my nails would grow longer and harder but no. I've been taking collagens pills everyday for a looong time. I've tried to eat meat everyday, because the doctor said that would help. BUT NO, NO, NO. NOTHING SOLVED MY PROBLEM. I've tried Formaldehyde on my base and applied once a day. I've tried so many diferent things. But my nails would be the same, weak, weak and super short!!!!!!!

Then I told myself, this would be THE LAST thing I was going to try (and Im glad I did). So I started applying this TWICE a day, only applying on the tip of my nails and protecting my cuticles with a cream,butter. I've been doing that for 20 days now, except for 4 days that I had nail polish on. So far the results are awesome, my nails grow reaaally slow but THEY'RE NOT CHIPPING ANYMORE!!!!!
IT'S AWESOME. I already have that white strip (i never had that before, because they would stop growing and chip),
This product DID WHAT IT CLAIMED TO DO:
Stop my nails from chipping and make them harder!!

I'M SO HAPPY, Im never gonna stop using this!!!!!
And now im gonna try sally hansen nail growth to see if they grow faster!!!!

WARNING: This stuff is STRONG, so protect your cuticles with a good cream or oitment, now im using LUSH Lemony Flutter Cuticle Butter. Otherwhise this will dry your cuticles like CRAZY!

on 9/29/2010 2:27:00 PM

I'd definitely recommend this product! My nails have always flaked and chipped. Sally Hansen products never worked. It took a while for my nails to harden (over 2 months) using Mavala but now I have to file them to keep them the length I want.

This is one of my top beauty essentials of the last few years, right up there with skin primer and MAC brushes.

Unfortunately I was born with very weak, brittle nails.

I had a thin layer of acrylic on my nails for many years, enabling me to have hands I didn't constantly have to try to hide, while handing over money in a shop..... or... well let's face it - when don't you use your hands?

I stopped the acrylic,when it became expensive, and impractical, while I was at university and my nails reverted back to their stumpy,flakey,papery and even more damaged state (thanks to the acrylic).

I've tried the Sally Hansen's (and their brethren) of nail polish like top coats and every one have failed dismally! I tried the nail vitamins which made me very nauseous.
Frustrated at watching my husband soak his finger nails in water, in order to be able to cut them (they are titanium strong!), I was finally spurred into action.

I read a review of Mavala Nail Hardener and was hopeful, but skeptical. It has formaldehyde in it (which is banned in Australia), so I purchased it cheaply for $6.00 (postage included) on ebay. Firstly so I could get my hands on it, secondly to bin it without a lot of financial loss when it failed.

I started my journey with freshly clipped nails, filed them, pushed the cuticles back and gave them a good fighting chance and off I went. I followed the directions (which others have covered), let the light blue liquid disappear into my nails (I apply Mavala from the tip to about half way down my nail) and then go about my business.

It has been about five weeks (just over a month now) and I can say with absolute astonishment that my precious little bottle of Mavala has a permanent place in my beauty repertoire!

My nails feel again like I have the light acrylic coating I once paid so much money, time and energy to acquire. I have to file them every three days to maintain the mid length I prefer, and I can barely remember that my nails split, flaked and broke if the wind changed! Plus - My husband and I can soak side by side now..... isn't that an added bonus?

Mavala nail hardener.... strengthens your nails and your marriage -Sigh!!

on 8/31/2010 4:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is the best!! Only product I have tried that will make my paper thin nails strong and healthy!

It's a clear blue fluid that is easily absorbed and doesn't leave anything on the nail.
I use it once a day for two weeks and then a couple of times a week. It works best with a good nail oil, since it can be a bit dehydrating for the nails.
After one month with this nail strengthener and nail oil, my nails have gone from short brittle stumps to beautiful nails. Love it!