Neosporin Pain Relief Cream

Neosporin Pain Relief Cream

4.7

on 12/9/2007 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I put Neosporin on everything! Not only does it help cuts and scars, but it helps with dry patchy areas on skin. With the ance treatment I use on my face, it leaves my face with dry and peeling patchy areas on my face. After I wash my face at night, I put Neosporin and the dry areas and the next morning the dry peeling area is gone!

on 12/9/2007 5:21:00 PM

Aside from all the obvious ways to use this (cuts and other wounds), I love it for a lip treatment. If your lips get very, very bad...cracks, bleeding, severely chapped, this works as a lip balm. It will soften your lips, relieve the soreness, and heal those little tears in the skin. Obviously I don't use this everyday...It's not good to overuse antibiotic products, but when things get really bad, this stuff works better than anything else.

It also gives a subtle shine.

on 12/9/2007 2:52:00 PM

Wow, I wish that I would have listened to my mother on this one! She always said to put some Neosporin on my breakouts (especially if I had to extract one, etc) and I thought it was some old wives'-tale. I thought that the oil-based product would break me out. Boy was I wrong! I started picking at my face the other night (I had no breakouts but saw some under-the-surface things and started poking. I was so mad at myself for doing this, but I couldn't stop. My face was red and I needed to apply something. I saw some Neosporin lying around and so I decided to apply it. The next day my damage was practically healed. Wow! I wish more people used this on the board. It was a total life saver and there is nothing else like it on the market for acne skin care products. I am definitely taking this wherever I go from now on for anything that may go wrong with my skin. I can use the cream and the ointment versions and neither one of them breaks me out. Amazing.

on 12/9/2007 11:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

This review is for a Neosporin offbrand (by HomeBest) called "Triple Antibiotic Ointment." The active ingredients are the same, and it is in the same petroleum-ointment consistency.

I use this ointment as an acne spot treatment, and the stuff is absolutely amazing!! I have tried nearly every acne spot treatment -- from Proactiv and Biore masks, to strong 10% BP creams, to 2.5% salicylic acid gels. Everything worked a little bit, but the blemishes never showed significant redness or size reduction overnight. Still, I continued to use them, just because they were the only things I had around the house to use.

Then, one day on MUA, I found "Neosporin" rated one of the top rated items in the [Skincare - Treatments] section at a 4.8 overall rating. I was very surprised, but figured that it was worth a try since everyone seems to have a tube around their house somewhere and it is meant for bacterial fighting after all. So I rummaged around our medicine cabinets and found HomeBest's knockoff version called "Triple Antibacterial Ointment". The ingredients listings were the same as Neosporin's online ingredient list, so I swiped some on each of my spots and then headed off to bed.

By the next morning, the spots did show some sign of improvement (at least compared to my other masks/creams/gels that I use for spot treatment). But I still wasn't seeing the miracle results that all other Neosporin users were so excited about. I figured that it just must have been the fact that mine was an offbrand, and maybe Neosporin had a secret ingredient or something.

BUT THEN... I came back onto MUA to look at some older Neosporin reviews, just to see if there was anything I was missing. And there definately was... THE BAND-AID! I started seeing more and more reviews mentioning placing a Band-Aid over the dab of Neosporin, so that it would stay in place and work its magic without rubbing off. This made perfect sense to me, since most of the ointment seemed to be gone from my face when I woke up in the morning.

So, the next night, I dabbed the ointment as usual on my various blemishes (raw-ish and uneven due to scratching etc... pleasant I know). Then, I cut some stretchy fabric Band-Aids down to blemish-covering-size and stuck them carefully on top of my spots. And off to bed I went.

The next morning, I awoke to much improved skin! The uneven, broken-skin blemishes were much less red, and the skin was definately healing and smoothing back out! Even though it was a non-makeup Saturday, it was obvious that makeup would have gone on very smoothly over the newly-smoothed skin (whereas previously the skin would have been too broken/scabbed etc for makeup to look natural).

This stuff is my new HG skin treatment! I would've never thought to try Neosporin as a spot treatment, especially when big brands like Proactiv are out there offering $20 sulfer masks and such. But it works, so I am definately a believer! My one bit of advice for everyone is to USE A BAND-AID :) Its really the magical second step to Neosporin/Antibacterial Ointment usage.

Furthermore, despite its slightly oily ointment consistency, this stuff has never broken me out. I know that some versions have mineral oil in them, and though it is not reported to cause breakouts, I would suggest oily/acne prone skin types avoiding that type of Antibacterial formula.

All in all, this is really a true 5-star (or lippie) product! Try it... what have you got to lose?

on 10/27/2007 8:34:00 PM

Works great! So worth the price. With whatever your worried it will scar. Just apply this works so good.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This review is for the Pain Relief Ointment (in the little tube with the pointy tip with the petrolatum base)... For some reason, this makes a great spot treatment for acne. I usually get one or two at a time, once a month. If I've been bad and popped them, this is really crucial to use, since it helps it heal so much faster and relieves the pain from the swelling and inflammation. Just a dab will do, too much and it looks shiny. Oh yeah, it also works great on small cuts! When I don't have this around, plain petrolatum works too, but this stuff is way better.

on 7/10/2007 7:27:00 AM

This is a review for the Original Neosporin Antibiotic Oinment, I cannot say I have tried the pain relief cream. This has to be by far the one thing I would not go to a deserted island without. I usually buy this in small tubes with the pointed tip for easy application on zits or small cuts. It has worked wonders in helping things heal and go away without leaving marks. And when extracting blesmishes like white or blackheads this prevents the occassional reinfection and reclogging. I don't think I've ever gone without Neosporin as long as I can remember.

After reading about using this stuff for acne i decided to try it. and it makes sense that it would work for acne b/c acne is caused by bacteria and why not use something that you are supposed to put on open sores to heal and prevent infection or bacteria from coming back. This is great. i dont really have too many problems with acne except for the monthly ones and those are usually really bad. ive tried everything to clear them from the syalic acid (spelling?) and benzperoxide (again sorry about the spelling) but they never really cleared them and i didnt have time to put that ointment on three times a day to dry up and get rid of the pimples. anyways a couple of days ago i could feel a huge cystic pimple on the side of my cheek and i put some neosporin on it over night and the next morning the pain from the pimple was gone and i could feel that the cyst had gotten much smaller than it was the previous day....OMG i put it on the next two nights and it, along with the redness, was gone....a miracle. who knew. i think they should put on the box that not only is it for cuts but can be used for acne. now everynight, if i can see or feel a little white head or anytype of pimple coming on i put on the neosporin and it goes away.....YEAH thank you neosporin......sorry this was so long!

on 6/28/2007 1:45:00 PM

This is for the ointment AND the cream (I use both on occaisions). This has worked WONDERS for almost every single spot I have EVER GOTTEN on my face! This works for cystic acne (a few nights worth of applications and they've just dried up and fade away!), works for just regular pimples, works for pimples I've popped... just about everything! it's even cured up this midly "scaly" patch along my lower jawline that I suffered with for about a year. I have no idea where it came from and it's not quite acne, but not quite as simple as just "clogged pores." I use the cream during the day on existing pimples, but I find that the ointment with a small round band-aid over it works much better overnight. I had three pimples on one of my cheeks. They were hormonal and annoying. So I read some reviews online for Neosporin, and I had a [guy] friend tell me that they're really good at clearing up acne (well, it does kill bacteria, and that's all pimples really are) so I decided to try it. I didn't have any of the small band-aids, so I just stuck one huge strip of medical tape over my cheek and it covered all the pimples. Well, the next morning, the pimples were noticeably smaller. I bought the bandaids the next day and did this for about two more nights. Two mornings later, my skin was completely clear, smooth, with just the faintest red marks left on my skin. After another few days, the red marks faded completely, and my skin is nice and clear! Personally, I find that the ointment+bandaid work together the best, BUT the cream isn't as oily and is more suitable for "daytime" use... Neosporin is my PERFET spot treatment (because spot treatment is really all I need)!

on 5/24/2007 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

WOW. So... about 3 days before my boyfriend's formal, I popped a zit.... My bad. Worst part was that it was right next to my lip. Talk about sexy. I had one of those gross scars, that looks even worse than the zit itself... somehow the idea popped into my head, that if Neosporin helps heal cuts, why the hell wouldn't it work on a scar from a zit? Three days later, hardly even showed. AMAZING! My skin scars verrrrry easily. This stuff works wonders.