Neosporin Pain Relief Cream

Neosporin Pain Relief Cream

4.7

on 1/21/2010 6:45:00 PM

this is a staple for me, and i'm never without it. i use this after shaving my legs for any nicks or cuts. works well on the bikini zone too! helps heal skin without scarring. good for burns, scrapes and the occasional popped pimple.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I'm reviewing triple strength neosporin ointment. This is great for everything...rashes, lines, pimples, cuts, burns, dry skin. I use it on my lips and chin when i feel dry...it works better than a lip balm cuz its unscented. I really favor this for dry lips and lines around the lip and chin area that only are around when i'm dehydrated or have allergeric reactions to things. It's very soothing and doesn't thin skin out like OTC cortisone ointments and creams.

on 11/21/2009 7:31:00 PM

I actually started buying the generic Bacitracin/Neomycin/Polymycin ointment because it's cheaper, but this stuff rocks.

I use it to:
* Heal any raw spots on my face caused when I am temped to pick (bad, I know).

*Prevent bumps on my bikini line after shaving (this is the ONLY thing that I have found to work 100%).

Generic costs about $3.50 for a larger sized tube, which lasts quite awhile. A+

on 11/3/2009 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

about 15 years ago i discovered neosporin first aid was excellent for acne. it won't over dry your skin and for those of us over 25 that's important. put a bit on the pimple before you go to bed, it will pull the bacteria up overnight to form a white head. after your shower put a dab more on the white before your moisturizer. you're pimple should be gone by the end of the day. and if you are a picker/popper, put it on after you're performed minor surgery on your pimple. it will help it to clear up and prevent you from scarring. oh, if only i had discovered this in my teens.

on 8/28/2009 8:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Neosporin +Pain Relief Cream is my acne and cold sore warrior. I dab this on when I feel the first tingle of a cold sore or pimple, and it seems to arrest their development and begin the healing process. Love it!

on 8/14/2009 10:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

It's always good to have neosporin in your acne arsenal. This is really good for HEALING pimples and not diminishing them for 2 reasons. 1) it is an antibacterial agent and if used too often the bacteria in the skin and pimple will become accustomed to neosporin and overpower it thereby rendering useless. 2) neosporin is used for wounds, cuts and scrapes to promote healing. if you use this on a pimple, the skin will heal leaving the impaction, pus underneath your skin.

The correct time to use this is after you are sure that the clog, pus and fluid are drained from the site. I was taught by my facialist that after extracting the pimple to gently apply pressure to the site and if it hurts, it means there's still foreign material ie. clog or pus inside. Make sure the site is empty before you put neosporin or else your skin will heal over the clog, pus and bury it underneath.

That being said, it's very good at speeding up the healing process and should only be used in this manner.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

THANK GOD FOR NEOSPORIN.

I pick at my acne on occasion (bad bad I knowww) and then I'm left with a potentially scarring situation. Overnight Neosporin immediately expedites the healing process. I wouldn't recommend putting Neosporin directly on a blemish or anything, but if I have to pop something or I pick at acne, Neosporin is my go-to. Just overnight the results are amazing.

If a spot is scabby or just hard to cover (some of those, I'm convinced, are impossible to conceal) put Neosporin on it, dab away the excess with a q-tip, and then put your concealer on a couple minutes later.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I use this on my feet, mainly my dry cracked heels. After a shower I just dab it on, maybe cover it with a bandaid. I also apply this to ragged cuticles. It works great. I actually dont have to use it on my feet anymore, it pretty much fixed them!

I have been using Neosporin for a long time. It really does work wonders if you have a really bad pimple. It helps get rid of the redness and the grossness of the whole thing. I use the ointment rather than the creme for staying power and apply right after my moisturizer in the morning and then conceal. I re-apply during the day. I really think it helps big pimples heal much much faster.

on 3/2/2009 5:14:00 PM

This should be in everyones medicine cabinet. I tend to pick at imperfections. I know, its bad for me and I shouldn't, but I do. Anyway with any scratch or cut or even burn I clean the area with Betadyne and apply neosporin and apply a bandage. it keeps everything clean and it wont allow it to get infected. This one is much better then the original because it is a cream and it has pain relievers in it. Helps and prevents scars as well. Amazing stuff.

Popular Lotions / Creams