Elizabeth Arden Britney Spears - Fantasy

3.8

on 3/20/2013 1:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I like this perfume. Sweet and mysterious. My mum wore this for a bit and I quite liked it, so when I was about 10, I got a bottle of this! I still haven't fully used it, so it lasts a LONG time!

on 3/11/2013 1:39:00 AM

I always buy this scent at either tjmaxx or marshalls because they sell it for way cheaper than anyone else. You can find a 3.4 fl oz bottle for only 29.99 and if your lucky for even 24.99. I love this scent and it's lasting power works well on my body chemistry. It reminds me of a sweet vanilla musky type of scent. Very girly

The first time I ever smelled this perfume, I fell in love, and I just had to have it. It has an addicting scent, and I love that. The packaging is really cute with all the rhinestones scattered all over it, as well. I have repurchased it many times, and I will continue to. If you get the chance, go into your local Macy's or drug store, and smell it. You won't regret it! It has very good lasting power and I hope you like it as much as I do.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I'm not a fan. It reminds me a lot of Electric Youth by Debbie Gibson from the late 80s. But none of you has been jaded by that particular stinker. This is better than Electric Youth by far, but still doesn't speak to me. Okay, now do your thing...mark "not helpful" because you don't agree with me. ;-)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I would love to own this perfume but, i went into to my drugstore and had a sample given to me. Later on i sprayed it and the results was not what i was hoping. This smells amazing but it gave me a bad headache and made me sick.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love the fragrance but the top fell of pretty quickly and I cannot find another top that fits. So I can't use it :-(

on 12/27/2012 8:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This has been in my perfume collection since it came out and is one of my favorites!!

I like the sweet sugary yummilicious scent!! On me it does die down to a sexy sweet scent and my husband loves this perfume on me!

I loved this scent in ghigh school for its sexy sweetness, but my opinion has since changed. I have my 2nd bottle of this and decided to wear it today. Its lasting power is really impressive, unfortunately, couldn't stand the scent itself! I would actually be willing to give this away to someone who really wanted it, because this spicy musky edp is no longer a welcome addition to my collection :(

on 12/27/2012 8:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Yet another reviewer here who is embarrassed to admit that Britney Spears Fantasy is a guilty pleasure.
To me this is a sweet vanilla scent with a hint of spice and a dash of muskiness. There is a very light soapiness to it and a bit of powderiness as well, and I think I detect some sort of berry. Bare with me here, I am not at all versed in how to describe perfumes nor detecting notes, but the above description seems to best describe how this scent mingles with my chemistry.
I find the sweetness cloying and almost nauseating upon first spray but it dies down it turns into a warm comforting scent. I would be thrilled if the nozzle dispensed less perfume, as I seem to like this scent best after about an hour or so of wearing it as the strength seems to die down and bit and I am left with a soft sweet fragrance that is does not scream "I am wearing a perfume!" - something I find comforting while wearing when alone and rather sexy while if I am out with friends or on a date.
There is something about wearing this perfume on a late summer night that just feels perfect.
My quest for my Holy Grail perfume continues. In high school CKOne was my go-to, smelling it as an adult turns my stomach. In university I discovered Calvin Kline Obsession Night and I wore that for quite some time, until it began smelling like pencil shavings to my nose, a sad development in deed. I then discovered Coco Mademoiselle, something I still break out on date nights but I dont love it as much as I once did, I think it has simply become a sentimental favorite. Every now and then I will turn to Fantasy and reprehend myself for not wearing nearly as often as I should. I have had my bottle for at least three years now and every time I wear it, I love it. I also have to admit that the tacky bottle has also grown on me but shhh, dont tell anyone I said that.

on 12/18/2012 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I am officially addicted to Fantasy despite being a past-30-year-old non girly-girl, and owning about 80 fragrances, most of which are niche and designer.
Fantasy in a nutshell is tart fruits dipped in white chocolate frosting, paired with wispy florals and a low hum of sensual musk. I bought it on a whim as a cheap thrill and the combination initially smelt way too sweet and heady for me, so imagine my surprise when I started reaching past the Lutens and Malles and grabbing this over-the-top, crystal-studded magenta bottle daily. There's a strange waxy, fleshy butteriness (probably the orris) underpinning the intense sweetness, which I adore and haven't found in any other scent.
Most scents wear close to the skin and don't last on my dry skin, but I'd say Fantasy is definitely better than average. My nose did adjust to the sweetness over time, and I no longer find it heavy or sugary although I try to remind myself that others still might.
[Update] Pink Sugar Sensual is similar, but a touch less fruity and sweet, with a warmer brown-sugar note. I like both, but if you want something a little "quieter" and less girly than Fantasy, give PSS a try.