Elizabeth Arden Britney Spears - Fantasy

Filtered by age: 44-55
Elizabeth Arden Britney Spears - Fantasy

4.1

on 9/23/2006 2:31:00 PM

Ok..I'm supposed to be too old to like this fragrance, but I LOVE IT. (i'm over 45)
After reading about the notes, sweet and vanillaly and fruity I was interested. Saw it at right aid for $10.00 off all fragrances and bought it unsniffed.
Was I happy when I sprayed it on. It reminds me of Pink Sugar but better. Very complex frgrance with great blended top, middle and dry down notes. Unlike most here..I love the bottle too. Pretty bright pink with lime green crystals...gotta love it continued >>

I got a nice sample made up for me at Sephora, so I had a chance to really test this before buying it. I love this fragrance, which is a vanilla and grapefruit scent. My husband immediately loved it which reinforced my opinion that even though I have Pink Sugar I need this too. It lasts and does not break down into anything really different later, and lingers nicely on your clothing. It is not overpowering or over sweet. The bottle is adorable and unique.

on 4/2/2006 11:14:00 AM

Disclaimer: I'm not one of those perfume snobs who refuses to try anything (or won't admit she does) that isn't from a niche perfumery. I will try anything from anywhere, the less expensive the better. (Scottish background...very frugal) With this one...an immediate and very large throbbing headache greeted me about a minute after I sprayed the sample on my arm. I couldn't hang around and wait for the drydown without risking fainting. It was like being blasted and marinated with toxic chemicals. After washing it off my sinuses remained inflamed for an hour or more... All I can say is that this is a dishonest fragrance. Very cheaply made. Robustly unhealthy.

on 2/16/2006 12:26:00 PM

If Serge Lutens were to design a version of his Un Bois Vanille for very small girls to buy with their pocket money, it might well turn out like Fantasy. The essence of Barbie Doll.

on 12/29/2005 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

For years, I abhorred celebrity scents. I used to believe that anyone who wore one was insecure and trying to emulate the star. Well, I was wrong. By thinking this way, I was missing out on some nice perfumes. One time on this website, I read a post from a MUA member said, "Who cares whose name is on the bottle if you really enjoy wearing the juice?" I quite agree. This is not targeted to my age group at all (46). I do not like the personalities of Britney Spears, Paris Hilton or J-Lo. But I have to admit I like some of their scents. Fantasy is one scent that my 10 y.o. daughter and I both can wear. Sweet, soft, not cloying, girlish and youthful. Perfect with jeans during the day or night. I still adore Shalimar and Chanel No. 5, but it is fun to wear this one for a change.

on 9/21/2005 9:59:00 AM

After three tests on skin and a struggle to overcome the fact that again I like another Britney Spears fragrance, I am caving on a bottle of Fantasy.
Notes include: red lychee, quince, kiwi, cupcake accord (more like frosting to me), jasmine, white chocolate accord, musk, orris root, and sensual woods.

The lychee smells like pears to me, and the top fruits are almost obscured by the upcoming cupcake accord, which gives the foody-sweet cakey smell right away on my skin. It seems to be very vanilla in 'flavor' to me. I am sure that any cupcake accord would include vanilla! This part of the fragrance is girl, sweet, cute, young, but not cloying or overpowering at all. But wait! Could it be that there's something deeper hidden here? Yes, there is! The drydown on this fragrance is a total surprise, devastatingly sexy and totally all-woman, not girly. The drydown stunned me. It became a sensuous, sultry, mysterious, bombshell scent on my skin! Sort of exactly what Britney is, if you think about it. Bravo to Arden and Ann Gottlieb who was the perfumer on this one. And too bad that it could happen that some people will dismiss this as just another celebrity scent and not give it a chance because of Spears. It's worthy, I tell you!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

my happy surprise...Fantasy is another pretty perfume by Britney for me to love...comes in the prettiest box that looks like a present with a green bow...prettiest pink bottle with green crystals...pretty sweet vanilla perfume with some flowers...jasmine,orchid,orris(iris)...smells very close to Pink Sugar...like Pink Sugar's little sister which makes me happy...pretty sugar,cupcake, vanilla perfume...smells like a cupcake with some vanilla frosting...spray this on when you want to smell sweet and pretty!

on 9/9/2005 11:34:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Cute and girly bottle and package! Cute and girly scent! This whole thing works. A great, sweet and feminine scent I see my younger daughter, who is 14, wearing. And she likes it, too!