FingerPaints FingerPaints

FingerPaints FingerPaints
FingerPaintsFingerPaints

on 11/5/2009 9:58:00 PM

I have not tried the product but I just want to clear up this rumor about the maker. Please see the below statement from OPI :

Thank you for contacting us to get the proper information. We DO NOT make Fingerpaints nail polish and we do not sell to Sally’s Beauty Supply Store.
As you stated we only make OPI and Nicole Nail Lacquer. We used to make Pawlish but have since discontinued the polish for dogs. The OPI polish is only sold to Salons and Beauty Supply stores where Nicole is now our retail brand and you can find it in stores such as Target or Wal-Mart. I hope this clarifies the information for you.

on 11/5/2009 9:14:00 PM

I got Pink Imagination and Putty in my Hands today. I have Putty on now and absolutely love the color on me.The coverage is great, I actually liked the color from just one coat better but went for 2 and like it too...just a little deeper. It went on very smoothly, great consistency. There were so many colors that I wanted but I held it to 2. Pink Imagination looks so similar to OPI Princesses Rule that I nabbed the last bottle on the shelf. Then I found out ladies, that Finger Paints are made by OPI. This was revealed by a card in a shipping box. I'll be back with the real review of Finger Paints on Monday. I work weekends and my hands are in water a lot over the course of 38 hours. Most polishes don't hold up to it. We'll see!

Monday: The polish did wear well. No peeling, no chips. It did wear off on the tips. This was through numerous hand washings,food prep and washing of. 5 showers (even under gloves there is wear),and several dish washings. It was really hard for me to resist adding a coat every day:) as this is my habit.
I read the above comment . There is more to the article than that. Evidently this is a rumor that circulates through Sally's employees as that is alluded to in the article. http://theedgeofsanity.org/?p=2642 .There is the addy to read the whole thing. I did not mean to mislead anybody. I was told this by a sales lady at Sally's. I am sorry. But passing by all the silliness, this is indeed good nail polish and holds up very well. I can believe a manicure lasting a week without the torture my nails get at work.

Consensus is...good stuff! Next time I buy polish it will be Finger Paints.

on 10/22/2009 9:30:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Wow - where do I start. I bought the Tangerine Tint FingerPaints Polish. This polish was easy to apply, very nice brush.
It lasted on my nails for 9 days without wear or chips.
I'm definately going to buy more.
The only place to buy this polish in my area is about 4 hours away, but I'd make the trip - it's that great!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

FingerPaints nail polishes are WONDERFUL. I only have 3 of these, but I can't wait to get some more. They all apply super smoothly (no issues whatsoever), and don't bubble up after applying. The formula is great too; two out of the three that I own are completely opaque in one coat. They dried quickly and lasted a good amount of time with a base coat and top coat. What's not to love? Even the bottle is cute.
The only problem with FingerPaints is that they don't really have a great color selection. 80% of their polishes are red or pink. =/

on 3/28/2009 10:44:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

FingerPaints nail color is a line of polish found in Sally Beauty Supply. They have a wide, WIDE range of colors with many that are unique but also quite a few that are almost (in some cases exact) dupes to OPI shades. I have found that the application varies from color to color/bottle to bottle. Some are gloopy, some are thin. The drying time is average - not too slow. I have found that they are very shiny but not as glass-like as most OPIs. The wear time is up there with OPI with no chipping or crazing for five days. All in all, I've had good luck with some shades in this line of polish and bad luck with others, hence the 3 star rating.

on 2/28/2009 3:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

These polishes apply flawlessly, the texture is just perfect and they wear very well. You can't beat the price, especially with a Sally card. Gorgeous colors too. I had thought I had to pay a lot of money for high quality polishes, I am so happy I found this brand and it proved me wrong.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This line has produced some of my favorite polishes of all time. I absolutely love the concept, too. Finger Paints? Hello, that is super-cute! And the names are precious as well. They're all art-related and very creative. Being an artist, myself, I can definitely appreciate the polishes. I own "Putty in My Hands" (a very pretty, deep nude with golden undertones), "Sheerly Artistic" (a creamy nude pink), "Get Realism" (a semi-sheer shimmery lavender), & the clear coat. I'll go ahead & say that the Finger Paints clear coat is the only one I'll use. It has wonderful staying power and it has just the right consistency. It's not too thick or thing, it's perfect. Makes my nails simply gleam, too.

I definitely go for these when I need a new polish. Sally's was holding a buy-two get-one-free sale the last time I stocked up...they're great for the price. Less than $4 with their Beauty Club Card.

on 10/8/2008 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love finger paints! They are great polishes. I have just discovered my new favorite - natural talent. It is the perfect pink sheer to wear everyday! Try these you won't be disappointed.

on 8/8/2008 1:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

These are the highest quality, longest wearing polishes I have ever used. They are pretty much the same as OPI's original formula but I still think I like these better. Most of them are opaque in two coats and after 3 days, I don't get any chips or tipwear. I love these and will continue to buy them for I haven't found a better product yet!!

on 8/3/2008 1:15:00 PM

This review is for Easel Come Easel Go. It is foily silver polish similar to tin foil. It is not the most flattering color on my NC45 skin but it is a great addition to your polish collection for special events and holidays. It could almost be considered a neutral since it goes with so many different color. I have a special place in my heart for FingerPaints since they last so well on me. I think that they always come out with interesting colors. And I usually get at least 2-3 color each collection.

Popular Polishes