L'Oreal Feria Starry Night

L'Oreal Feria Starry Night

3.0

on 11/29/2007 4:50:00 PM

I have naturally thick black hair but i like to dye my hair with Feria 'starry night' to get that truly outstanding dark shade with blue.
I notice that the color-effect obviously wont last very long, i mean the blue reflects , but the blackest hair remains.
It didn't really damage my hair, what does is the heating appliances, but i manage to give my hair the right treatment ( all-soft redken & Ojon ).
I've been choosing this product every time over other brands.
I used preferance once and the color is good but nothing 'special' , Nutrisse is the same-thing, but i think is more gentle than preferance.

bottom line: this color keeps me coming back over and over again. love it!

Ah, to be 15 and dying my hair a new shade of black every week again.

This was the worst of the dyes I used back then. Why? It caused the most damage and the most fading. In a few weeks, my hair would be a faded blacky brown. I had very good results with garnier blue black and nice and easy blacks however.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Feria haircolors might be the worst haircolor that anyone can use on their hair. It causes problems if you ever want to color your hair anything else. It also fades within days and looks horrible. Would never repurchase this awful product.

on 7/2/2006 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I started coloring my hair when I was 13 and I am now 26. All that time except for maybe 2 years my hair was black. For my money, L'Oreal's Feria in this shade was the best hair coloring experience. The scent you add to the haircolor is really nice and the conditoner is great. The color is a great rich blue-black and I always thought my hair looked amazing. Unfortunately for me this only lasted about a week then it dulled and was about the same as any black hairclor. But I do believe my hair was softer and silkier using this rather than say the cheap Revlon ColorSilk.

I recently went to the salon and had the black stripped from my hair, so I am now a dark brown. I loved being a raven haired beauty with this haircolor though! I think it's worth a try- the color may last better on you!

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I've been dying my hair since the 6th grade, so I know a thing or two about home haircolours. Feria has always had the best shades, but I've never really gotten any spectacular results with it. I recently tried STARRY NIGHT, and it didn't come out as dramatic as I had hoped.Oh well, you live, you learn! Nutrisse is my new favourite though!**EDIT**I actually like it now. It hasn't faded that much, and it looks good.

I LOVE this hair color. This is the best black hair color I have ever purchased. My hair was dry immediately after coloring but once I used the conditioner that came with the kit, my hair was silky soft. This is a nice true shade of black. I have found the color and brand that I will stick wih for quite awhile. It is best to use color protectant shampoos and conditioners to keep from stripping the color from the hair.

on 8/15/2005 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I've been dying my naturally dark brown hair jet black for about 2 years and I too have tried almost every black there is, but I was not impressed with this. For the first week or so, it looks great, but then the shine and color start to fade drastically and it just looks dull. I get much better results from L'oreal Excellence or Garnier.

on 7/10/2005 10:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I have used this color also. I stick with the black or the black/mixed shades so I can use deposit only. I have some greys and they will pick up the highlight shades nicely. I've had no trouble with the dye drying my hair out. I don't do high lift. I rarely dry my shoulder length hair and frankly I use a more moisturizing shampoo (no Sodium Laurel Sulfate, so low lather). My hair is a bit dryer than it used to be, but I just turned 40 so big surprise there. ;-) I also like the Black Leather shade which is very close to my natural dark brown to black shade (it's in the men's line so look for a guy on the box). And the black/auburn shades. Chocolate Cherry and a darker version of the same thing. These are very good quality and only an average of nasty smell. It's dye so not expecting rose petals. You can purchase these cheaper through the Feria line at Sally's Beauty, just be sure to pick up developer and gloves and maybe a brush for your hairline. My shade is the black with blue and red tones.

on 7/8/2005 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I don't know why Feria gets such mixed reviews, because it worked wonderfully on my hair. I dye my hair raven black & use "Nutrisse Black Licorice" usually. Btw.. I have tried almost every black hair dye in all lines & Nutrissse is the shiniest & blackest black around. After seeing the Feria commercial w/ the girl who used "Starry Night" (blue black color).. I decided to give it a try. I was NOT dissapointed at all. It didn't smell bad, didn't drip, didn't stain my skin & left my hair super shiny & soft. Its hard to believe so many ppl say Feria dries their hair out, because it made my hair really soft & shiny. I luvvvv the color & its definitely another one of my faves now next to "Nutrisse Black Licorice". "Starry Night" is a true blackest black color & has subtle hints of blue in bright light. It left my hair soooo shiny, will definitely repurchase again. Ladies.. If you dye your hair black, don't bother with anything but, "Nutrisse Black Licorice" or "Starry Night by Feria". They both give beautiful results compared to other flat, blah, black colors from other lines.