L'Oreal Feria Starry Night

L'Oreal Feria Starry Night

3.0

on 11/11/2010 4:42:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Would I buy this again? HELL NO.

First of all, it washed out within a few washes. The water kept running purple no matter what. It is completely gone.

Second, IT KILLED MY HAIR. My very long luxurious hair is now crunchy at the tips. CRUNCHY! This crimped nastiness goes up at least a good 6 inches which I will have to chop off.

I am immensely disappointed with the fried hair. I should have stuck with Palty. I have tried conditioner after conditioner but fried split-ended hair is completely unrepairable. I wanted my original deep black color and I was entranced by the "multi-faceted highlights..blah blah", I will never ever use this product ever again. UGH.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

So many bad reviews but I actually liked it. I have naturally dark brown hair and the blue didn't show up as much as i would have liked but it still looked really nice. As for everyone saying it makes hair dry. It actually made my hair really soft, the conditioner works really well but I also left it on for over 30 mins. One thing I didn't like though Is that everytime I would shower I had to use a different towel for my hair because it would stain my towels a purple color.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I bought Loreal starry night dye twice and both times i was disappointed, but you know what they say: ``fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.`` my hair is naturally black and i used Nice and Easy perfect 10 to lighten it, which worked amazing, by the way. when my roots started to grow back, i knew i would have to go back black, so i picked up the Feria dye which seemed like the cheapest way to go. i guess i got what i payed for because after using it, my hair was brittle and the color began to seriously run after the first wash. after about 4 days, i was back to the color of my original dye job, roots and all.

on 12/25/2009 1:51:00 AM

I bought this product because I had dyed my hair hot pink for Christmas. But my father passed away the 21st, and I do not want pink hair at the funeral. I have tried bleaching out pinks/reds in the past and it turns my hair orange. So I decided to dye it black for the funeral. I chose this shade because the box claimed it was for those who use Cooler colors, but it did NOT claim it would make my hair bright blue. Even from the dark shade of pink it was, it turned blue all over. Now I will have to buy a flat black before the funeral in the hopes I can beat back the blueberry, or that it will fade. I have used Feria before and it doesn't damage my fine, blonde hair, but this overt blue is ridiculous.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I dye 4 of my friend's hair regularly. They range from baby blonde to my friend Karly, who is a dark brown naturally but likes her hair black. Her hair is thick and shiny and super healthy, very strong. She brought this Feria Starry Night the last time she came over, and I had never used Feria so I was a little uneasy. I had heard no good things. Well. She left my house with puffy red eyes and a handful of tissues because she had cried so much. Despite following directions exactly, her hair was WRECKED. I mix a special conditioner that is wondrous but even after leaving it on for a hour, her hair was like straw. The ends were fried so bad I they puffed out at the ends like a broom, and she looked like she had layered hair because there was so much breakage. We could not even get a comb through it until after we put my special conditioner on. The color might have been nice, but the hair was so damaged that no color would look good. There was no shine, it was dead hair. She cried and I felt AWFUL and couldnt do anything to help. I saw her this morning and her hair looks so bad still. I told her it wasn't THAT bad, but it is. Careful girls. It appears to work on some and not on others, but I wont touch the stuff and I even get a little shudder when I see it on the shelf at the store. I feel so bad for Karly. :(

Its a beauitful color when its first done, but this fades so fast its not worth the money and you would ruin you hair trying to keep it this color! So do not buy unless you want to be buying another box in a week!

I suppose this would work for someone with darker hair to begin with, but it didn't work for me. I hade to dye my honey colored hair twice, for a total of 5 hours before the color actually held. Even then, my hair was a very blue sort of black. It also washed out to a dull blue-grey after just 15 washes (one month for me). The color also very visibly came out every time I showered, even though I used cool water.

on 7/4/2008 5:39:00 AM

The color is beautiful it is a beautiful blue black, This product really did dry out my hair, but I guess that could just be hair dye in general. The price was reasonable and I can't comment on how long it will last as I just colored it but so far so good. I just got an edgy haircut and wanted an edgy hair color to match. I got what I wanted with this color:)
I recommend and will repurchase in 4-6 weeks.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

I didn't realize that it was possible for black hair dye to ever fade, much less fade in a week. But Feria Starry Night has made me realize that unfortunately, it's very possible.
I already have black hair (actually dark brown, but looks black) but in the winter, I like to add a little "oomph" to it by dyeing it jet black.
Anyway, I picked this one up because I loved the hair colour of the girl on the box. I went home and tried it out and for a week and it looked great. However, once that week was over, the colour almost completely faded, and I was back to my boring deep brown/black hair colour. Plus, it made my scalp itch like crazy!! and I'm not usually allergic to hair dyes. I didn't even realize that it was supposed to give off blue glints until I read these reviews because absolutely no blue glints appeared on MY head.

on 1/18/2008 1:44:00 AM

Ok, we used this to dye my boyfriends light brown hair. I assume there is no difference between the women's Feria and the men's which is hard to find and has limited color choices. We followed the instructions exactly and the whole process wasn't bad, smell was ok and the color was easy to apply. This may work well on darker browns or hair that is already black but beware lighter haired friends. My boyfriends hair was not black with blue reflects, it was Cookie Monster blue! Manic panic, hot topic screaming blue. I wish he had let me take a picture to post but he did not find it as funny as I did. I do have to say that it was a shiny, healthy blue but with a color problem as big as this it doesn't really matter. We ended up re-dying with a dark brown and still the blue showed through a little for a week.