on 5/7/2006 5:08:00 PM

I got this product for the "flipout" purpose. My hair is already somewhat straight. Yes it did the job, and the pins are a nice plus...BUT this flat iron is not a high quality product. The plates are ceramic COATED, I can see some of the coating chipped off. And when closing the iron together, my hair gets caught on the handle. There is a tube thing that goes into the other side of the handle to enable it to closed straight. At least that is what I think it is for. As for the straightening power, it's alright, but i've tried better. For someone who already has somewhat straight hair, I'd expect my hair to be easy to straighten, but I get better results with other irons! Overall, the product is average, does the job but nothing to wow about. Oh and it's heavy and takes over a minute to heat up(many others take 30 secs)! =( Feel free to ask me questions.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

The best flat iron ever! I got it from shop at home website for $80 with special $2 shipping (now they better offer of free shipping!). The most expensive hair tool I've ever bought but worth every penny! What makes this thing different than others is that this flat iron is giant and has tiny detangling 'pins'. Believe it or not, when I'm in a hurry, I can straighten my hair in less than 10 minutes! (I have shoulder length, wavy hair and lots of 'em! ^.^). If you're frustated with your unruly hair, try this one. You don't need to have lots of skills to use this iron (if I can do it, anybody else can! ^.^) Shop at Home even have it on flexpay (4x), which is a more affordable way to have it. Trust me, you won't regret it!

on 4/5/2006 11:54:00 AM

I waited to get this--thinking it was all hype. Finally I broke down and got one yesterday. I tried it on damp hair (long, curly, coarse, frizzy hair) and it worked beautifully once I got the hang of it. It gets very hot and is a bit heavy--but it really does the job and it LEFT MY HAIR FEELING SOFTER THAN EVER. I used it with some Biosilk serum--and my hair feels salon-silky smooth. I think that for the price (around 80 bucks), you can't do better.

This is my 1st review!
I think this is a fantastic iron. My naturally curly/wavy hair when dry is like fluffy spongey cotton candy. Not exactly sexy! However I used this iron after doing an overnight conditioning treatment with Sebastian Laminates Mask. I rinsed the Mask out in the morning and then combed through a small amount of L'Oreal's Shine Serum (orange bottle) and proceeded to let my hair air dry in a firm ponytail. After using the Maxi-Glide my-hair-is-like-glass! It is sleek, shiny and absolutely feels like spun silk.
Those little straightening pins in the iron make a big difference. They allow your hair to have much more movement and be free-flowing as opposed to other irons which just kind of mash your hair down. My hair feels like sleek, slippery ice! LOL
I got my Maxi-Glide at Bed Bath & Beyond, and I had a $5 off coupon (check your weekly mail circulars) so it was just about $80. Iron is a bit heavy, so takes some getting used to (hence 4 stars instead of 5). I've used the CHI iron, Sedu and also the T3 Tourmaline and if I had to choose I would choose the Maxi-Glide for sure.

on 2/21/2006 3:35:00 PM

I got my MaxiGlide steam iron from Shop at Home about a year ago and I am still in love with it! I have thin, flat and freezy hair and the Florida humidity doesn't help it at all, but my MaxiGlide leaves it smooth, shiny and doesn't fry it.
I only gave it a 3 in "packaging quality" because mine came without a case or bag which would be easier to pack when traveling, but other than that, this product is absolutely awesome! I use distilled water and the little container is enough to do all my hair.
At night I can go to bed with freshly washed hair and smooth it out before going to work the next morning, and it looks like I just left the salon and - like they show in the infommercial - the humidity and heat doesn't affect the straight hair that I love so much. The MaxiGlide is definitely my HG of haristyling tools!!!

on 2/8/2006 11:22:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

AWESOME! This is my number one beauty secret of all time. I bought mine from either HSN or ShopAtHome, but I've recently seen it available at Linens N Things. I have thick, wavy, frizzy hair that used to take over an hour, 2 different blow dryers and a flat iron to style it straight. Now, I let my hair "air dry" into a big fluffy crazy mess, and then "MaxiGlide" it perfectly straight, shiny and smooth in less than 15 minutes!! (Don't use it on wet hair. Air dry or blow dry, but no need for the round brush or any of that anymore) I don't use the steam feature at all. I've been using my MaxiGlide for almost 2 years, and it still works great. It does such an amazing job that I thought "This has GOT to be bad for my hair." My hair is colored and highlighted; so I worried that it might be fried in a few months. But 2 years later, my hair is still strong and healthy. Maybe it's because I don't have to blow dry any longer. Or because it does such a great job in just one pass. This product really changed my life! It's great in the summer, when the weather is hot and the last thing I want to do is blast a hot blow dryer at my head for 30 minutes! I couldn't live without this flat iron! I just might buy a few spares; just in case they ever get discontinued. This purchase was the best $80 I ever spent! continued >>

on 2/3/2006 2:57:00 PM

Shocked by the result. I have very healthy ringlets/naturally curly hair. Medium thickness. It was so easy. One glide and I was straight. Don't think I will be using the steam button either. I def think it was worth the 85 bucks.

UPdated 11/01/06 straightner still in tip top shape and giving me great results.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

a gift from the heavens, my holy grail hair tool, my lifeblood. seriously, this iron can take care of my 3c hair in 40 min. that 40min down from 3hrs! yes, it is truly amazing. TRULY!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

After seeing the fun Euro guy on so many infomercials, I gave in and bought this even though I have 3 other irons that work to varying degrees.All I can say is : Yessssssss. This flat iron cuts my straightening time from 30 minutes (which I thought was the rock-bottom for my healthy thick-yet-fluffy wavy hair) down to 10 MINUTES. I can hardly believe how quickly this works and how soft it makes my hair. This is way way better then any professional straightening iron I have had used on my hair, and it is the only one that has ever left my hair feeling better then before I ironed it. The only difficulty I have had with it is that I have small hands and sometimes I find it difficult to press the steam button while holding the iron, but that is negligible. I have joined the Cult of Maxius!!

on 12/24/2005 6:53:00 PM

I have 4b coarse hair and didn't expect this iron to straighten my (need a relaxer hair). To my pleasant surprise, it did straighten in one trip on the 9 setting. I, however, am returning the product. I gave up my other ceramic iron because it snagged my hair. This one snags the hair and the hair is not smooth after it is flat iron'd. I definitely will have to curl it and smooth it out with the flat plate or curlers. Also, it was so big that I was scared that it was going to burn me. They really need to make this smaller. In any case, I bought it from folica.com and got it in 3 days with FREE SHIPPING.

Popular Hair Styling Tools