Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

this is the best straightner i have ever used, i have dead blonde bleached hair that is very dry and frizzy, i have tried over 8 straightners as well. this is unreal. one time per section is all u need with this straighter. plus the burst of steam make ur hair stick straight while providing moisture. anyone who said this rips your hair out is wrong. u jus need to comb ur hair first and be a little gentle. hair can get caught in the pins if its tangled, but the pins are absoloutly what makes me hair straight the first run threw! its amazinggg

on 10/6/2007 6:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is the BEST straightener I have ever used. I know it has something to do with the comb-like pins on the plate. My hair is fine, color-treated, wavy, damaged and very fluffy on the ends. This straightens my hair out beautifully in about 5-10 minutes. Plus it makes my hair look extremely HEALTHY and my hair has not looked healthy since I was 13. I do admit that it is a little awkward to use on the back of my head so I separate the back into 2 sections (this helps a lot). I would definately repurchase.

EDIT:
I still love how this straightener works on my hair but I have to caution others that it broke within the year (so I took off 1 lippie) but BB&B replaced it with no problem. I hear that they have a new one out--so I might try the maxiglide MP.

on 8/23/2007 8:10:00 PM

Wow. Where do I start? I'm half Jamaican and half Japanese and my hair is unruly, frizzy, dry, HUGE, tangled, etcetcetc.

I'm not very good with words so I'll just show pictures.

(Curly side) Before MAXIglide --

(Straight side) After MAXIglide --

Full head:

The MAXIglide is amazing. There isn't anything negative I can say about this product.

It usually takes me about 4 hours to straighten my hair with a regular flat iron but with this it took me about a hour to a hour and a half MAXIMUM. I was so suprised. I was actually ENJOYING straightening my hair for once.

I definitely reccomend this.

**EDIT**
Atfer a while, it doesn't work as well so I gave it to my friend.
I bought a new flat iron from Sally's called "Hot N' Silky" and it's A LOT better. Cheaper too! xD

Well after seeing the guy on the commercials, I finally gave in and got the MaxiGlide. Despite the fact that it sounds like a variety of tampon, it's pretty good. The pins are the the only reason I got it though. I hate having to use a brush along with a straightener, it's just annoying. The pins are good for that. The problem with the straightener is that it's cheap quality, heavy, and bulky for traveling.Also, I'm a major product elitist and don't like having a straightener that's on an infomercial and created by a european guy in a ponytail. Plus the "hair flipping" feature is funny, who would ever want their hair to be that flipped up? Anyway, if you've tried everything else and want something better, this is worth a try. However, if you haven't, try the chi. I got my 2 chi flatirons in the mail today (a pink small one and a bigger one) and they're great.

on 8/16/2007 6:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

The BEST flat iron hands down. Definetly gets your hair straight with little effort. It isn't too damaging however I would use a heat protectant of some kind on your hair if you are going to use it everyday. Also mine came with 2 products to keep your hair straight in any weather. They really work! hardly any friz on the rainiest days!

on 7/28/2007 3:06:00 AM

Thsi DID CHANGE MY LIFE!!ITS THE BEST HAIR STRAIGHTENER IRON EVER!!I CANT BELIEVE ITS NOT #1 THOUGH!I LOOOVE MY MAXIGLIDE SOO MUCH

I just bought this yesterday, tried it today and am LOVING it! I have naturally curly, thick, frizz prone hair and this iron does the trick for me! I am used to the cheap hair straightener that takes FOREVER to use. I was shocked at how quick this does. It really took me about 10 min to do all of my hair. Yes, it is kind of awkward, because it's large and hard to hold on to, but I think once i get use to the feeling, It will be fine. I am so glad I spent more money and got a good product. It's defintely worth every penny! I use the 4 setting heat also and so far, so good. The key is... don't pull too hard or squeeze the iron too hard. Let it glide through you hair for the best results. Hence the name!! Seriously, this is an excellent flat iron. You've gotta try this if you want the beautiful shiny healthy hair.

on 5/9/2007 4:53:00 PM

This iron is the worst I've ever purchased. After giving it several attempts, I threw it in the back of my closet. It's heavy, the steam chamber leaks, and it rips out your hair.

Unfortunately, I was suckered in when I saw the infomercial. I should have just flushed the $70 or so I spent on the iron down the toilet.

on 4/12/2007 12:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have thick wavy wild hair that mattes extremely easy trying to keep from matting is extremely hard. I could use the most expensive conditioner on my hair within a half hour of washing and blow drying my hair itís matted again.

I saw all the info commercials for Maxiglide; I thought the commercials were a joke. Then I saw it at Bed Bath and Beyond I had a 20% off coupon for one item. Iíve always wanted straight hair so I decided to try it.

The first time I used I was blown away within 10 minutes I had straight soft hair. Then I went to work, Iím in retail sales and it was the storesí delivery day, I was busy all day stocking merchandise unpacking totes etc. Usually on truck day my hair is in a ponytail this time it was down all day. By the time I got home, I expected my hair to be extremely matted, my hair was not, and it looked like I just straightened it.

To protect my ends from the heat I use a hair serum.

on 2/16/2007 8:17:00 AM

Well, what can I say, I have STRAIGHT hair now... I had seen the maxiglide informercial several times and I always thought that perhaps it was trick or something like that... Until I saw it once again last weekend with my boyfriend and he kept on saying that I should order it, that it looks like it works because it was working on some girls that have crazier and wilder hair than mine... Well, I ordered it and I received it yesterday... I washed my hair and left it in it's natural state, my hair is exactly like the singer Shakira's but a lil bit longer and I think I have more hair too... I had to use the level 10 because my hair was still damp... Being the first time and the fact that it is somewhat heavy, I took about an hour, which is not that bad... My hair is completely straight the only thing is that I have a lot of split ends and it showed even more because due to the fact that my hair wasn't completely dry as indicated, but next time I am going to do rollers first and dry it and then do the maxiglide... But other that that, my hair is completely straight and feels very soft and manegeable... I used The End and Beyond Straight and honestly, they worked very well with my hair... I recommend this product to anyone who has crazy curly hair like mine... Good Luck!!!

Popular Hair Styling Tools