Maxiglide iron

Maxiglide iron

on 12/28/2006 5:45:00 AM

I've been using this iron for about more than 6 months? I like it because it straighten my hair quickly and I'm not afraid to use it on the back of my head because it doesn't really touch my scalp to cause burns, the only thing is that it kinda hard to manipulate smaller parts of the hair cause it's big, and also the plates falls off sometimes so it shows that it's not really high quality.

I love the maxiglide! I have a lot of hair that gets really frizzy and wavy. The first time I used the maxiglide I thought it was a little heavy, but now i'm used to it. (i've had it for 5 months now) Everytime I use it I can finish all my hair in 5 minutes! It's makes it so silky, soft and shiny and people always tell me how much they love my hair! For $80, it's a real bargin.

I've had this iron for about six months. At first, I really liked it. It does straighten quickly, although the pins took some getting use to and my steam button didn't work too well. After about two months I noticed my hair starting to break off A LOT at the ends. I never noticed this happening with any other flat irons I've owned. I tried replacing the pin plate with the flat plate that came with the set. That helped somewhat, but recently I noticed that the ceramic coating was starting to peel off. For the money, you can do a lot better. I'm getting rid of the Maxiglide and getting a flat iron with solid ceramic plates.

on 11/20/2006 6:15:00 PM

I am very pleased with the Maxiglide! Decided to try it out after reading reviews on here. I like it better than my Chi for my thick, wavy hair. I think it's the combo of the big plates, straightening pins, and high heat - I am able to straighten my hair more quickly. Highly recommended for girls with lots of hair. It really gets my hair poker straight too. Get it at BB&B or LnT with a 20% off coupon - pretty affordable for such a good flat iron!

on 9/24/2006 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I bought one 3 weeks ago after seeing the informercial over a year ago! I really really love this flat iron. It's really hot so I put the setting at 4. I also use this with a serum. The steamburst system is the best feature. It made my hair so soft, silky and shiny. Just be careful to use it after you glide it down 2-3 inches of hair. I forgot to do this on the last section and burned my scalp! And make sure you detangle really well if you use the detangling pins because it can rip your hair out if you're not careful. All in all it's a very good investment!

I took the advice of a previous reviewer and used a coupon at Bed, Bath, Beyond. Without a doubt, this is the easiest hair apparatus that I've ever used!

My hair is very treated with color, both permanent and semi-permanent, and has been recovering from a relaxing that I did earlier this year.

This iron gets VERY hot, up to 476 degrees, so I keep it between setting 5 and 6 and it really gets the job done. People don't believe me when I tell them that my usual texture is someting like Barbra Streisand's from 'Meet the Fockers' movie.

Works so fantastically, it is a holy grail for me. My hair is super ringlet curly and frizzy, very coarse and heavy with a million strands, and I didn't want to spend 9 million dollars or so (practically) on the Japanese thermal straightening systems out there (which works terrifically for my rich friends, don't get me wrong). I'm just fed up with my frizz and hair's unmanageability and this cures it.

Try it, you'll be thrilled. If you can get the BBB coupon, an even better deal. Since I've been using it awhile now, I would also add that your hair needs to be completely dry before using, and if you use a product like the MATRIX Sleek.look flat iron spray, it will really help the process. Be sure that your hair isn't terribly tangled before you start, or the hair could get pulled with the detangling pins on the Maxiglide.

Also be sure to clean your iron frequently, from both the hair that gets trapped and also any product buildup. I'm sure that it will help the iron last a lot longer and also help the process. It takes me about 15-30 mins. to do my hair and I only have do it once a week, or if I want it pin straight, every 5 days. Hope that this review helps.

on 9/9/2006 10:02:00 PM

HG straightning iron without a doubt! I have thick wavy hair and this leaves my hair silky fly away straight without having to go to toni & guy for my weekly blowout. For best result apply a small amount of serum (pref an anti-frizz kind) to your wet locks and allow to air dry or dry yourself with a hair dryer and then get to working with your maxiglide gliding sections of your hair at a time and i promise you will have silky straight frizz free hair.

on 8/15/2006 12:20:00 PM

Okay, let me first preface this review. This producut really works well--not drying out, yet straightening my naturally curly hair. But, BEWARE! My first maxiglide lasted 1 month, then it just stopped heating up. Because I loved the results, I repurchased 5 months ago, and today it stopped working! I am just livid. The top of the iron seemed to have overheated during my last use and melted a bit, kind of warping it. Therefore, it does not close properly. UGH! I am so mad! For the price:$80, the quality is not there. The cheesy packaging with the girl on the box should have been a red flag. Beware if you buy this product.

on 7/13/2006 9:53:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought the Maxiglide about a year ago and I am still very pleased with the product. I have very long wavy/curly hair that gets tangled easily so the little straightening pins in the plate of the iron really help with detangling. This iron makes my hair smooth and soft without damaging it. The iron retails for $80.00 but I bought mine @ Bed, Bath and Beyond and used a 20% off coupon so I got it for around $68 or so with tax.

on 5/15/2006 1:05:00 PM

I splurged and bought this because I had always wanted to straighten my hair, and I'd heard good things about this little iron. Well, not only was I NOT disappointed, but after you get used to using it, you can do you hair pretty quickly. As long as my hair is a bit oily before I use it (I usually wash my hair the night before, or go a day without washing), and I straighten it, the results will last for a few DAYS. I did this one day and went into work to not only have my co-workers compliment me, but customers as well! I am very impressed, and I do believe that the little pins help to straighten and maintain results. Worth the money, definitely!

Popular Hair Styling Tools