Suave Professionals Sleek Look Shampoo

Suave Professionals Sleek Look Shampoo

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Water (aqua), sodium laureth sulfate, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium chloride, dimethiconol, fragrance (parfum), carbomer, guar hydroxypropyltrimonium, chloride, tetrasodium, EDTA, amodimethicone, DMDM hydantoin, TEA-dodecyibenzene-sulfonate, citric acid, C11-15 pareth-7, laureth-9, trideceth-12, PRG-9, propylene glycol, glycerin, tocopheryl acetate (Vitamin E acetate), lysine HCI, arginine HCI, panthenol, panthenyl ethyl ether, methylchloroisothiazolinone, silk amino acids, methylisothiazolinone, mica ( CI 77019), titanium dioxide (CI 77891).

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bought the shampoo and conditioner abot 8 months ago because my sister said it worked great. I wasnt too impressed. It didnt really smooth my hair or make it sleek. It seemed to cleanse pretty well though. I will NOT re purchase however, b/c the smell is awful. To me it smells like wasp killer spray. And it lingers. Yuck.

on 3/2/2009 10:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this shampoo for about a month now and for a fraction of the price (under $2 for a regular sized bottle) I'm getting the same results (if not a little better) as the pricier brands I've tried. With the combined use of this shampoo and the Sleek conditioner, it leaves my hair clean and very soft. It doesn't tame my frizz as much as I'd like (though to be honest, I don't think any shampoo could ever do that, it's so bad) but it gives me a great base to start with. I follow it up with Suave Sleek anti frizz cream then use a flat iron to be completely frizz free. Before I switched to Suave Sleek, I'd still have some frizz even after using the flat iron but now my hair looks the best it ever has. I will definitely continue buying this shampoo and I highly recommend it to others. At less than $2, what do you have to lose?

Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure

Where can I find this shampoo & conditioner in British Columbia, Canada??

on 12/13/2008 4:18:00 PM

I used to use the "real" Matrix sleek stuff that this product is trying to emulate, and I can say that for a fraction of the price, the good old "orange Suave" is just as good. The only thing I don't like is the smell, and I usually actually like a lot of the scent of products that other people don't (like self-tanner... for some reason, I think that smells good.. ANYway...). This, though, both the shampoo and conditioner don't smell fabulous. I use some styling products that smell better, however, and voilą! Much better! :) Oh, and whether I'm trying to straighten my hair on a particular day or wear it with big, smooth curls, this stuff preps great. The only thing it doesn't prep great is if I want to have wavy, tousled hair. This actually smooths it almost too much for that.

on 11/26/2008 11:01:00 PM

i'm reviewing the suave professional line sleek look, the matrix sleek wannabe in the orange packaging. i think that this shampoo and conditiner combo is fantastic. it works AND is dirt cheap. under $2 at walmart for the smaller/standard size bottles.

i already have really straight, fine textured hair and this kepts the static and frizz away when i'm wearing sweaters. i can't say that it adds shine, b/c my hair is already pretty shiney. what i can say is that it keeps my hair from getting tangled.

i wish it smelled better. the smell doesnt stay with me, so i'm okay with that. it doesn't smell bad, but it doesn't exactly remind me of the salon either. other than that i actually like this stuff.

I read these comments months ago and bought the product, thinking that it worked just as great as everyone said. I figured maybe I was using the wrong styling products or washing in harder water or something, but eventually I realized it was this bottle making my hair SO DRY. At first it was great. I've been using it for months, though, and I've also noticed that it leaves this... residue... on my scalp that would stay under my fingernails whenever I scratched my head. Gross! Since then, I switched shampoos and noticed a great difference.

on 10/21/2008 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Wow. I may be in love with Suave's Sleek Look shampoo and conditioner combo. The shampoo cleans your hair really well, unlike most smoothing shampoos. It smells great too (there are so many bad reviews pertaining to the scent of this line. I think it smells like average shampoo.). So this manages to smooth your hair, clean it, and not sacrifice any volume. In fact, I feel like it added volume to my hair. The bottle cost less than $2 at Target and they sell a jumbo size bottle too.

Update: After a few disappointing hair days, I believe that the secret to this stuff is using cold water to rinse your hair. The first time I used this, our hot water was completely out, so I had an icy shower, and coincidentally my hair was awesome.

on 9/29/2008 7:03:00 PM

Compared to Suave's other shampoos, I like how this one is slightly more moisturizing and still cleans well. I liked the smell at first and thought it smelled a bit fruity, but after another try, I found that it smells like Febreze's mint spray (yuck.) Besides the smell, I like the texture, how it performs, etc, but I think I'm going to try other shampoos before I repurchase this one.

on 9/25/2008 11:10:00 AM

This shampoo (combined with the conditioner) made my hair feel silky. However, the scent is very powerful, and even washing every other day it remains too strong for me. Since pregnancy I have become very sensitive to perfumes so it may just be my hypersensitivity, but I will not be able to keep using it. Good quality shampoo, just not for me.

on 8/27/2008 4:27:00 PM

Wow....I did not have high hopes for this product despite the high reviews because I have been a shampoo snob for years. Boy was I wrong. This is great! The smell does not bother me, I can't remember what it reminds me of but it's pretty fresh smelling. This combined with the conditioner make my hair feel like silk which is something I have never gotten from ANY shampoo. Maybe it won't always make my hair feel that way (you know how it feels like some shampoos stop working after a month or so?) but I hope it continues. I bought it on sale at Target for $1.77 and it made me laugh because the shampoo and conditioner combined cost less than a typical drugstore shampoo and it's about 1/10 of the price of salon shampoo.

I have already recommended this to several people.