REVLON Super Lustrous Pearl - Copperglow Berry 470

REVLON Super Lustrous Pearl - Copperglow Berry 470

4.3

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I think this is my HG lipstick! I LOVE the color! I am so pleased with how well the color suits me. I have highlighted blonde hair and hazel (lets be honest - brown) eyes. :) And I have pretty fair skin..but still this berry/copper is gorgeous. It doesn't look like too much...it looks good for day or night. I just can't say enough about this. And, I love the pearl effect...it's the shimmery version of the Revlon super lustrous lipsticks. :D

on 10/3/2009 12:58:00 PM

This lipstick is a lovely Fall colour that I can best describe as a very pearly, golden plum with a sheer, slightly dry finish. I don't really understand the many comparisons to MAC's "O" because that was really unflattering on me and pulled more red and coppery. I don't see any copper undertones in this shade despite the name. If I add Revlon's Super Lustrous lip gloss in Raisin Glaze on top - this gives it a warmer, coppery-pinkish-brown finish. [Yes, all those colours are in there!] I think the pearl finish of this lipstick gives it a more lasting finish, but I tend to negate that by adding gloss as alone it can feel somewhat dry on me. For reference, I have medium brown hair with dark eyes and light/medium skin.

on 12/9/2008 1:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Pretty color in the tube, but I wanted it to show up as more of a berry. It was very purple/brown with copper shimmer. The shimmer I quite liked. But the overall color was too muddy. I was looking for a dash of red that would brighten it up for me.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

As a pale, yellow-toned redhead, it is hard for me to find plum lipsticks that look good on me. In general, the frostier, cooler, and lighter the shade, the more it just looks ghastly on me. Such was my fate with L'Oreal "Mica" l/s, which I recently tried. I had resigned myself to wearing frost-free, deep plums with some brown to them, but I still like the *idea* of a lighter, frosty plum and thought I would give this one a go as it has "copperglow" in the name.

It is definitely more flattering than Mica or similar shades, probably due to the gold rather than silver shimmer- though there is still a strong purple base. I don't get the comparisons to MAC "O" though- this is cooler and lighter. I am satisfied that I get to wear a frosty plum that doesn't clash with my complexion, though it still looks better on me if I play up my eyes and cheeks. Isn't quite oomphy-enough to light up my bare face. Nice Revlon formulation and packaging, though the perle/frost shades feel a bit gritty and are more drying than the cremes.

on 10/23/2007 8:57:00 PM

I really wanted this to work, as I was looking for a KO of MAC O. But this is cooler, a bit muddier; just doesn't work like MAC O does. O lights up my face, makes my eyes blue, teeth white, and skin glow..this is kind of blah, accentuates ruddiness. It's going back to the store.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Copperglow Berry 470 from revlon is a fantastic find! for those days that lip gloss is not enough color, yet you dont want to look very made up- this is a great 'YLBB' shade, not too cool, not too warm, nice shimmer but not chunks of glitter. the formula has no scent, no taste, i wish it were slightly more glossy, it can feel a bit dry, but it is lipstick not lip balm so it is not a deal breaker for me. the lipstick lasts a while. this works day or night, the perfect shade for me (i'm NC30, brown hair and eyes) if you see it, pic it up!

*GREAT* color (medium cool-toned true plum with copper shimmer). It's very high on my personal list of all-time HG lipsticks (most of which have been discontinued). I can put it on with my eyes closed and know that it'll look good. Doesn't need liner, gloss, or another lipstick to make it look just right, like 99% of my other lipsticks do. Definitely more plum/cool than MAC O (at least on me). If I could change one thing about it, I'd make it a little bit more moisturizing, but really, it's so close to perfect, I can't complain. Me: cool toned PPP, dark brunette hair, blue eyes. Note: The Colorstay lipstick in "Dreamy Dusk" is pretty similar, but slightly warmer.

on 12/13/2006 11:00:00 AM

I concur with comparisons between this lippy and Mac "O". If you have "O" you know it is a pretty complex color--a mix of brown/bronze, red, and plum. Copperberry Glow has a deeper plum tone in it than "O" and it is beautiful. I imagine this lipstick would be very wearable for a variety of skintones--great drugstore find. I actually think I like this SL formula better than Mac's--more creamy and very pigmented.

on 12/12/2006 3:57:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This is a gorgeous color, it make my lips glow and it lasts a very long time. It is one of the very few berry colors I can wear, HG for me

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

In general, I have been very impressed with Revlon's reformulated Super Lustrous Lipstick, particularly the creams. I too, remember the often unpleasant smell and taste of the old formula (the reason I stopped purchasing Revlon years ago), and these are conspicuously-- and rapturously-- absent!

Copperglow Berry is a Pearl finish, and definitely one of the more unique shades in drugstoreland. It's an unusual neutral plummy-brown with a bit of copper and gold mixed in for complexity and depth. Actually, it's nearly identical MAC 'O' which I also own and love, only a touch more plum. Definitely a color that will work on many different skintones- both warm and cool- and is lovely for everyday wear. I highly recommend this color, and wear it often. I'll probably repurchase when I run out, but since I own this and the MAC version, it will likely be awhile before I'll need to.

Revlon has done a great job with the new lippies! Though I do seem to prefer the creams by far, all of the finishes offer superior quality to any d/s brand I've tried. They are long lasting, moisturizing but never slimy, and provide excellent pigmentation. It's very easy to build up color to the desired level of opacity, and they layer beautifully with glosses or other lipsticks. As far as packaging, I appreciate Revlon's decision to add a see-through top to the tube, allowing one to evaluate the actual shade (hopefully, they will improve on the rack swatches soon!)