B. Kamins Bio-Maple Hydrating Acne Wash

No Image

3.6

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid 2% Inactive Ingredients: Aqua (water/eau), lauryl glucoside, PEG-120 methyl glucose dioleate, Bio-Maple (acer saccharum) (map isolate), glycerin, Peg-7 Glyceryl cocoate, glycolic acid, lactic acid, sodium hydroxide, allantoin, panthenol, mentha piperita (peppermint) leaf water.

on 11/5/2009 10:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Good product, been using for a about 1 week now. I'm not if it's because of winter and the air is very dry right now, or if it's from this product, but after I wash my face with this and put on the toner, I can't wait to put on moisturizer because my face feels soooo dry. It has a nice smell and a nice feel to it. I have to get used to it not lathering up like most cleansers do, but it works great.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I have combination skin with what seems to be aggressive acne on my cheeks and chin and I have seen no change in the appearance of my skin since I started using this product (since the middle of Sept.). I used it in conjunction with the B. Kamins 10% Benzoyl Peroxide Acne Gel so I've apparently wasted a total of $62.00 trying out this brand.

I have a feeling that this product works better for people with milder acne and sensitive skin, at least that's what I gather from the positive reviews. It is a gentle cleanser so I can see how people with sensitive skin would like this product, but if you have aggressive acne like me I don't recommend using it.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I usually get random but mild breakouts, oily/combination skin and I found this product to work nicely with minimizing inflammation and preventing the up and comers.

I'm used to washing with face with lather-rich cleansers, so it took me a while to get used to the flat viscosity of this cleanser and coming to terms with the fact my face can be clean without tons of suds. It doesn't have any strong smell and rinses off nicely.

I use this two times a week in conjunction with another cleanser and my skin has been behaving nicely. I used to use this twice a day but dried my skin out to the point my skin was flaking.

Practical packaging, decent price, product seems to work well so far - would definitely buy again.

on 5/24/2009 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This did nothing for my skin. In fact, it made my blemishes worse and my skin sore and inflamed. I'd recommend Mario Badescu over this anyday. A very expensive mistake I'm afraid :(

on 4/9/2009 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I am on my second bottle of this product. I like the fact that it has salicylic acid yet is one of the only washes that does not dry out my very acne prone yet sensitive and combination skin. I can use it every season. I do wish it was a little better a removing makeup though.

on 3/4/2009 10:41:00 PM

I have combination to oily skin and have been experiencing some break-outs in my t-zone for the past few months, so I started using this product about 8 weeks ago. I wish I would have sampled it before buying. It's too drying for my skin (especially on my cheeks) and I think B. Kamin's Botanical Face Cleanser for normal to oily and combination skin would have been a better fit. Also, it doesn't remove makeup, so I usually use B. Kamin's Vegetable Skin Cleanser at night to remove makeup, and follow it with the acne wash. I also use the Vegetable Skin Cleanser in the morning, since the acne wash has been too drying. Overall I don't think this has helped prevent break-outs very much, if at all, although when I do have a pimple it helps to dry it up. Someone with full on acne may see more dramatic results.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

I have been using this product for a week and I'm only reviewing it now because I wanted to take it for a test run to get a sense of its true potential.
Overall, I have to say that I am very happy with it. I have extremely sensitive skin that is also acne-prone. Some parts of my face are dry, other parts are oily and I sometimes I swear that my skin has a dual-personality disorder, lol. I love how soothing and mild this cleanser is and how well it removes makeup. 5/5 for its makeup removing abilities for sure. It's free of harsh chemicals, fragrance and other irritants that can cause problems for sensitive skin. The lactic and glycolic acids have improved the texture of my skin in just a week. My skin feels smoother, as if a layer of dead skin cells just got swept away. This cleanser is not very foamy at all which does not mean that it's not working. Just the opposite: the cleanser is working hard without stripping your skin of its natural oils. The tingly sensation that it leaves behind feels fantastic; but unlike cheap drugstore cleansers that tingle because of their harsh ingredients, this cleanser tingles yet is very mild. I would not purchase again only because it is way too expensive. But otherwise, it is a great product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is a good cleanser, and it worked well with my skin. Did it, itself clear my skin? No, but it's good for what it is. Downside however is the price, there are cheaper alternatives.

on 7/24/2007 9:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Been using this for about a week. Feels great on the skin! Minty and does not produce a lot of lather. I use it only at night, in the AM i use my Dermalogica. Then yesterday, i woke up and there were THREE whiteheads on my face! On areas that i NEVER get them on (bridge of my nose, side of my nose, side of my mouth). This usually happens whenever i try another product (i am currently using Dermalogica Special Cleanser). I tried Arbonne and the same thing happened then too! So i dont know if im having a bad reaction to it or its just my skin breaking out, then getting used to it??? i am going to give it one more week...oh, and the short pump it has sucks. it would be better if the neck was longer, that way i dont have to hold the bottle to get product out. it takes about four pumps to get enough out for my entire face.

I bought this product on sale...and then I realized that it's expiration date was in 2004...maybe that accounts for its funny smell?
I spent 8 bucks on it, and I couldn't return it, so I decided to try and use it anyway. It actually was effective in clearing my acne, but it sometimes left my oily skin dry.
I'd buy this product again if it was on sale...but I'd have to continuously use it before considering paying full price for it.