OPI Dutch Tulips

OPI Dutch Tulips

4.7

on 6/11/2008 8:11:00 AM

Gorgeous deep yet bright reddish pink creme - I will always have this in rotation with my other reds and pinks. I don't think this would be easily duped in a cheaper polish - they tend to stick to your standard shades ot red and pink. Highly recommended for cool toned gals. I haven't tried this on my fingernails yet, but will do soon.

on 6/10/2008 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a very pretty, blue-based pinky-red. It looks bright and perfect for summer, but if you're cool-toned, this is just going to look like another boring, slighly bright red. I think this would look terrific on golden girls, because the pink will really show up on golden undertones, and give that bright "pop" of color. Of course, the quality is excellent, as with all OPI nail polishes, and the name, "Dutch Tulips," is so fitting. However, I will add this to my collection of "looks great on other people" nail polishes. Sigh.

on 6/8/2008 9:47:00 PM

Are you looking for a beautiful bold statement for tips and toes that can be played up w/a nail design but still retains its drama w/out it?? Then "Dutch Tulips" by OPI is all you need! I was in desperate need of a pedi and wanted to make sure that I didn't scare anybody while trying on shoes later at the mall.
1. The color is a bright peony red-pink creme that is definitely bold and dramatic. It is absolutely beautiful and amazing when in the sunlight. I also had an intricate black & white airbrush design that brought out the color even more. Yes, I did try on and buy a pair of green slides that made the nail color pop even more! It's that whole complementary color thang!
2. The price is $8.50. I know I know...it sounds exorbitant but I have several other OPI nail polishes and the more expensive brands didn't even last half as long!
This is a definite winner for a spring/summer look!

This is my HG polish - I have very pale skin with pink/blue undertones and this is one of the few bright reds I can wear - usually reds look very stark on me, but this one is just bright and pretty against my skin. I agree with the other reviewers - this is really a pinkish red, not a rose color. My toes are painted in Dutch Tulips all summer long.

on 2/20/2008 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Love it. It's very close to Yellin' for Watermelon (also from OPI) but I like this one more. With the first coat it's just a pinkish red and bit streaky. A second coat makes it a shiny gorgeous reddish colour with a bit of pink in it. Normally, I hate this combination. I actually had bought this a while ago and was disappointed because it appears so very similar to Yellin' for Watermelon at first. But recently I figured I'd give it a try. It's gorgeous. Though really for such a bright colour your nails should be short and square. It can look really trashy on long nails. I love it. I have it with the regular rather than the pro-wide brush. ( hate the pro-wide brush).
I prefer this over YfW since that one is a bit more streaky, never gets as red as this one and chips more easily.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

Love this color. Everyone described it perfectly as a pinkish/redish color. I'm a DDD and it tends to look more red. I like it w/my skin tone because it makes my nails 'pop'.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a beautiful polish for spring and summer, it's a bright, cheerful pinky red that's not too bright, and has no orange undertones. I'm very picky about the reds that I wear and I just adore this one, I wish I had gotten it earlier this summer so I could enjoy it longer before the dark nail polish is pulled out, but I will still wear it, just not as often. I got it in the new wide brush applicator and love it, it's so much easier to apply and is less streaky, I hope that all nail polishes (did you hear me Essie?) will switch to them soon

on 8/26/2007 10:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Love this colour - like the rest said: perfect, juicy mix of red and pink. This is a year-round favourite and just the thing if you are looking for a "neutral" or classic red or pink. You can wear it with any colour and it looks great on toes but also good on the hands, w/o being garish. A great fresh hue.

I <3 this colour! I use it on my toenails all the time and I feel so cute with this colour! It's a pink/red and has a fabulous gloss finish :)

on 8/19/2007 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is one of my favorite polish shades. It's a perfect mix of pink/red. It matches whatever color you're wearing!

Popular Polishes