Dolce&Gabbana Light Blue

Filtered by skin tone : Other
Dolce&Gabbana Light Blue
Light Blue

3.8

I absolutely love this perfume and so does my husband. It smells great, the scent lasts and while I keep trying other scents, I always come back to this one.

on 4/16/2005 9:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

In other words, before I get on a It's a very unoffensive scent (to me at least) that is clean and not very complicated. It's not one of those cloying or heavy scents, but rather a very light and fresh fragrance composed of lemons (to my untrained nose). It smells like a perfect cool glass of lemonade to me, and I can imagine wearing it all summer.

UPDATE: I found that after wearing this for a while, it did become a bit too sweet and cloying. The lemon note faded and I was left with something that was a bit too sweet and not as zingy as it was before. Therefore I have knocked off a lippie and will not repurchase this.

on 4/2/2005 3:49:00 AM

D&G Light Blue reminds me of the smell of pancakes... a tangy blend of lemon and sugar. Delicious! It's a nice fresh fragrance for the hottest summer days when other perfumes seem too 'heavy' to wear. I have a miniature of this and will definitely consider purchasing a full size bottle when it runs out.

I got this for Valentine's Day. At first I sprayed in the air, I didn't know what to think. It was a different smell. The next day I wore it and it dried down quite nicely. Its citrusy. I liked it but wasn't sure how much. As soon as I ventured off to the grocery store someone walked by me "YOU SMELL WONDERFUL". The compliments didn't stop. My cheerleaders loved it. They wouldn't stop sniffing me and spreading the word "GO SMELL COACH". Anyway, if you like fresh clean scents with citrusy notes I think you'll agree this is a must have. For reference, some of my other favs are RALPH, TRUE STAR, FREEDOM, BODY BY VICTORIA...JUST TO NAME A FEW.

on 1/17/2005 4:24:00 PM

Love the velvet box it comes in. Very cool.

Like the scent - it is not one of my typical favourites, but it is nice if you want a softer scent, esp. compared to the stronger scents I normally wear. I ended up giving mine away because I wasn't wearing it that often. Too many perfumes, not enough days of the week.

on 1/13/2005 5:20:00 PM

I first bought this when I smelled it in a department store in Italy and loved it! I bought it without hesitation because it was unlike anything else out there at the time (Sept. 2001). When I came back to Canada wearing it..I got a lot of compliments. Now that it's been available in Canada for a few years...I smell it everywhere I go and have gotten sick of it. Why spend so much money on a fragrance that you smell everywhere? (I know of at least 3 girls in my department that wear it!)I might as well save my money.
But I guess because it smells so nice, that's why it's so popular!

on 10/12/2004 6:36:00 PM

I sprayed this on at the store and wore it home. At first it was a very nice citrus scent, but then after about an hour it started to smell like Clorox! I showered with unscented soap to get the scent off, but that only made it worse! Funny thing is, today in the supermarket a woman started talking to my baby and I noticed that same awful Clorox smell on her, very strong. I asked if she was wearing Light Blue and she very proudly said, "Yes!" This stuff is wretched!!!

Smells so fresh. Just wish it were stronger, but it lasts a good while.

update: Moschino's I LOVE LOVE smells exactly like this!!! The SA told me they are made by the same manufacturer. Moschino's lasted longer on me, and seemed stronger.

on 8/13/2004 12:32:00 PM

I have a HUGE bottle of this I have not touched in a while and now I know why. I put this on over EO Lime shower gel and lotion, hoping to feel fresh. My brother thought I had cleaned my room with cleaner. I did not want to smell quite THAT clean. I think it is a cedary and, yes, bleachy note that came thru. He claimed it did not smell as bad on me as it did in the air. I think he was just being polite, though. I am in the mood to wear this today, but this is not HG for me.

So fresh! Reminds me of scooting on a Vespa around the hairy scary twisty turny roads along the way to Positano in the height of summer. The sparkling blue water way below me, the bright blue sky above, the wind in my hair... Not that I've done it that way, doing it in a crowded bus with a crazy driver and being bus sick, is much less romantic! Anyway, Light Blue is very lemon zesty and crisp green appleish. A touch sharp, is that the cedar? but only when it first goes on. I get a hint of white musk and fresh lime zest too and those woods seem bright, can woods be bright? Maybe the scent of them brushing past you with the scent of citrus in a warm breeze. The florals are lovely too, but I could not have picked them for bluebells, jasmine or white rose if they hit me over the head. Either way, it all adds up to a bright and invigorating summer scent!