73%
package quality

price range

Reviews

a year ago

I love this lip balm. It has a great, thick texture that you can really feel on your lips (as a coat/protection). I also love that this balm contains lanolin and beeswax which further improve the balm (compared to the original rosebud salve). The scent is also incredible. Lasts a very long time as well since you only need a tiny bit!!

About reviewer (446 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

a year ago

The scent is so yummy!

About reviewer (20 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOily, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

EyesBlue

2 years ago

"It's just glorified vaseline with some lanolin and beeswax," detractors say. Yes. Yes it is. But petrolatum, lanolin and beeswax are the best ingredients for lip balm bar none, and I don't mind paying $7 for a cute little gold tin of them that I can keep handy in my purse. Considering how long one tin lasts (1.5 years with daily use for me) I don't think that's a bad deal at all. Other lip balms wear off quickly, need frequent reapplication and can actually dry lips out over time, but this genuinely moisturizes, and seals the moisture in until you wipe it off. I've tried all three popular Smith's balms and this is how I rank them against each other: 1. Strawberry: unnoticeable color, tolerable scent, best/firmest texture, best formula by a mile 2. Original/Rosebud: unnoticeable color, worst scent, runny texture, mediocre formula that really is just glorified vaseline 3. Minted rose: good color BUT bad scent, runny texture and worst formula If Smith's would tone down the fake strawberry scent (which gives me real "I'm 14, it's 2003, and the whole squad just finished trying sample lotions at the Body Shop" vibes) this would be an absolutely perfect lip balm. That said, mostly perfect is good enough for me and I will probably end up buying this until I die.

About reviewer (86 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

2 years ago

This moisturizes my lips well. The ingredient list includes petroleum, beeswax, and lanolin. Lanolin is the key ingredient that really helps to moisturize. It's the only Smiths lip balm that includes lanolin, I also like that it doesn't include any plant extracts that can be irritating. The strawberry scent is ok, it doesn't linger. It reminds me of strawberry cake. This balm does give me "kissable lips", meaning the texture is not too stiff & waxy, it's also not to goopy. It has nice slip, & makes my lips soft. The packaging is very easy to open, especially compared to Burt's Bees Lemon Cuticle Cream (that was a nightmare to open). The package for Smiths' just requires a light twist and lift, and the lid easily comes off.

About reviewer (257 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesGreen

3.0
from

3 years ago

This has an addictive scent and nice consistency. But I'm not sure it's much better than Vaseline when it comes to softening lips. Also, I'm torn on whether I like the packaging or not. On one hand, it's extremely cute and portable. On the other hand, it's unhygienic, and I often have trouble getting the lid off.

About reviewer (82 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Other, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesHazel

3 years ago

The strawberry lip balm has a sweet strawberry scent making it the perfect lip balm for the summer time. It also leaves a natural strawberry pink sheen to the lips. For reviews on other scents and flavours see: https://crazybeautelife.wordpress.com/2016/09/03/smiths-rosebud-salve-balm-tube/

About reviewer (23 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

from

4 years ago

Smells absolutely divine and does wonders for my lips. I've read that usually petroleum products (like vaseline) only work to keep moisture locked in vs. actually moisturizing lips but IMO this one moisturizes my lips just fine. A+ for adorable packaging as well! Fricking love this lip balm!

About reviewer (28 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Other, Other

EyesBlack

4 years ago

I absolutely love this lip balm. I definitely prefer the strawberry lip balm over the original rose one because the rosebud salve was a bit too runny and sticky for me; with the strawberry lip balm, there is absolutely no stickiness and a little goes a LONG way! I also found out that this works as a perfect lip mask for matte liquid lipsticks. My lips usually become very chapped and dry when I use a liquid lippie, but I figured out that if I put this lip balm on beforehand, my lips feel smooth and moisturized when I apply the lipstick. I don't know if this is actually one of the uses of this lip balm, but it definitely works the same as any other lip mask- and it smells AMAZING. Love love love this product!

About reviewer (2 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinOily, Olive

HairBlack

4 years ago

This, the original Rosebud and Vaseline are the best for my lips. I always have one of these at home, because my lips are so dry in the winter. It tastes and smells nice and sweet of strawberries.

About reviewer (21 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesBlue

4 years ago

My all time fave lip balm. Gets rid of any dryness quickly and flaky skin comes right off to reveal smooth skin. And I love the fragrance, which reminds me of childhood, so it's a real pleasure to use.

About reviewer (83 reviews)

Age30-35