Maybelline Shiny-Licious in Coral Punch

Maybelline Shiny-Licious in Coral Punch

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I considered buying the product when I saw it in the June 2007 issue of Seveteen Magazine. (on pg. 129 if any of you guys happen to have it)

I'm kind of inbetween beige and golden skin. My lips are a little pigmented.

I'm really impressed with this color. I was kind of hesitant in buying it at first because I didn't think the orangy color would suit me. When I put it on, it kind of made my lips a slightly pinkish color. It did look coral. Not orange, or a bright pink. You can't even feel the glitter! It feels so smooth on my lips. I actually use it to moisturize my lips when I don't have my lip balm on hand.

It's not my HG, but I'd buy it again.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I have an unnatural fear of coral and I can't wear peach lipcolors but I wanted a warm-toned gloss that didn't wash me out or look orange, as many of them do. I found it in this gem, whoohoo! I like most Shiny-licious glosses in general, and this one is no exception. Gives a nice subtle wash of color and shine without screaming "I have coral lipgloss on!" Not sticky and lasts long enough for my needs, plus it seems to moisturize my lips, nice.. It's not your grandma's old coral lipcolor of yesteryear... you know the one. Definitely worth a try if you're in the market for a coral gloss.

If your expecting color then don't buy this.. It was ok but just like any other gloss. Has the same texture of some bonnebell glosses which are cheaper. It isn't sticky at all and almost too moist. Not that I like sticky but this stuff kinda falls off my lips.... Smell is ok but this is nothin to write home about. I like Rimmel jelly glosses smells and textures better and they stay on longer.

on 3/11/2007 12:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love the Shiny-Licious gloss line. This is a great coral shade that adds a punch of color (pardon the pun) without looking over the top. This and the Melon Ball shade are my favorites. These are great everyday glosses and I would recommend them to anyone.

on 2/25/2007 7:23:00 PM

Oh how I love this! Such a sheer, warm and juicy coral pink with the perfect amount of micro-glitter. Like most other shiny-licious glosses, it lasts longer than most d/s glosses, is relatively not as sticky as say, Lancome' juicy tubes yet has a very nice glassy finish. Most importantly, doesn't leave that crappy white stuff around your mouth when it wears off! I didn't like the entire "flocked" tip thing that these glosses had going on until now - it helps to define my lips so there's no need for lip liner! As far as scent goes, coral punch wins hands down among all the other shiny-licious glosses - sort of like fruit punch, but with a spicy twist- I can't really describe it :) I love wearing this on casual days with a touch of mascara - can't wait to see how this will look with a tan :) And for a price of only 4.99 I will repurchase over and over.

on 7/6/2005 12:04:00 PM

Surprisingly nice. Not a fan of the packaging (I hate these combo. sponge tip/slant tip applicators--they seem unhygenic for some reason), but the gloss is rather nice. "Coral Punch" is a bright, medium coral-pink with a tiny bit of shimmer and a good amount of shine. Brightens up my (PPP-MMM/GGG) face and is a great summer color. Good pigmentation. Has a slight minty tingle/scent that I like and no taste. Texture is like creamy gel, if that makes sense. Not sticky. Decent lasting power. Cheap. What's not to like?

ETA: Just figured out that this looks exactly the same on me as my Bloom l/g in Melon. Whoo-hoo!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Coral Punch is one of the better Shinylicious glosses. It's not as "moist" as the others, and has a thicker texture so it spreads on easier and stays on longer. LOVE the color, a shimmery coral-hot pink that goes on a sheerer version on my lips. Gorgeous for summer.

on 6/11/2005 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This shows up a pretty, shiny corally pink with slight gold shimmer on my lightly pigmented lips. It really brightens up my face, and it is one of my favorite drugstore products right now. I tried another color of the shiny-licious glosses, and it was total crap. I took one lippie off b/c the staying power isn't that great, but it's still a great color for my MAC NC30 complexion.

on 5/20/2005 3:13:00 PM

I love this gloss, I'm stocking up because it's LE. The color is very unique, I usually can't wear warm lip colors that well but this was so beautiful I had to pick one up. I'd describe the color as a sheer yet noticable warm coral with alot of pink in it and gold shimmer. The slanted foam applicator tip makes applying really easy, and I love the refreshing minty scent.

I think this is a limited edition color but not sure yet. It looks like a cross between cherry berry and melon ball with faint gold shimmer in it. The texture of this gloss is a bit thinner than the original shiny-licious glosses and the sparkles actually show up a bit, the color is also very sheer but pigmented enough to be noticed. I don't like the scent though, I think it's trying to be some kind of punch but it smells plasticky. However, if I ran out of this, I would buy again.