Bath and Body Works Aromatherapy lotion in Orange Ginger

Bath and Body Works Aromatherapy lotion in Orange Ginger

3.8

on 10/11/2011 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Like all BBW lotions i do not find this lotion very moisturizing. BBW scents do not last on me however I layer them

I find that the aromatherapy ones last for a long time.
This scent is the only aromatherapy scent I liked.
As the names suggests its gingery and citrus. (more gingery than citrus)
Love it - gives you a blast of freshness without making you smell sweet or very fruity.

on 6/5/2011 12:21:00 PM

Good lotion. Love the smell, but the smell doesn't last very long. Beautiful bottle though. I definitely plan on keeping the beautiful brown glass bottle once I run out. Probably wouldn't buy for myself, but I enjoyed receiving it as a gift.

on 3/21/2011 9:39:00 PM

Bath and Body Work's Aromatherapy lotion in Orange Ginger is alright at best because of the aromatherapy effect and the uncommon glass bottle packaging. However, it does not moisturize well enough, does not have skin-glowing effects and if used to moisturize the legs and such, the smell will exit from the room and make people complain. And here I thought aromatherapy scents were universal! Guess not.

on 2/2/2011 12:23:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Out of all of BBW's products, I love their aromatherapy line the most. Orange ginger was one of the first scents I tried, and I still love it to this day! I love the lotion and the beautiful glass bottle it comes in. It's light without feeling greasy, and is a perfect light moisturizer for the summer. A bit too light for the winter, but perfect, light, and fresh smelling for the summer!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

They have these at Marriotts, and I just loooove the scent. I'm partial to citrusy scents, in body lotions and perfumes, so this was right up my alley. It's moisturizing without feeling very greasy, and I might be imagining the aromatherapeutic qualities of this, but it does make me feel good--it makes a great "slather on before bed" kind of lotion. I do get a hint of ginger but for the most part it smells very citrusy.

on 5/30/2010 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

i felt like i needed something to perk me up in the morning. i believe in the value of aromatherapy. this scent makes me happy. it's not too greasy so i can put my clothing on quickly after applying it. i have the shower gel and scrub too. i don't use this on days where i'm wanting to wear perfume (i wear b&bw perfumes mostly) but on just a "regular" day this is perfect!

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I first purchased the hand lotion in this scent and liked it so much that I turned right around and bought the lotion and body wash.

This lotion is very light but surprisingly enough it moisturizes very well. I've always been a fan of anything citrusy or orange scented/flavored. I love that it comes in a pretty glass bottle that I can leave on the counter in the bathroom instead of having to toss it under the sink when I'm done. I'll definately repurchase. Layering the bodywash and the lotion really help this scent to last all day.

EDIT: Used this for a couple weeks and ended up taking it back. It just didn't mesh well with my body chemistry..oh well

on 6/20/2009 7:37:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I just bought this yesterday. I saw this lotion when I was looking through my best friend's purse and so when I saw it at BBW yesterday, I just had to have it! It works really well and it smells great! The scent is really calming. Although at first, you might think it smells like one of those moist towelettes you get at restaurants, once it sets, you'll see just how much you'll really like the scent! I think it's probably a little thicker than the other lotions available at BBW & I think that's probably why it works so well. Definitely going to buy this again! :)

on 1/26/2009 3:52:00 AM

Great citrus scent. I love the combination of orange and ginger in this product. The lotion is a slightly thicker consistency than the regular BBW body lotions--very moisturizing. I recommend layering this lotion over the body wash. This helps to keep you smelling great longer. And I like the packaging of this product... the glass container and burnt orange color makes it look good enough to set out on my bathroom counter and the pump makes it easy to dispense.

on 1/8/2009 8:51:00 AM

I originally bought this in the hand soap, and have also tried the shower gel, lotion & hand cream. The lotion is light & silky and it absorbs well. It comes in a pretty amber colored pump glass bottle. This scent, orange ginger, reminds me a lot of Annick Goutal's Eau de Hadrien on my skin. It's a little too 'old' and musty for me, maybe it's my chemistry not mixing well with this. I can see how others are getting a furniture-polish scent from this. Sometimes I almost like it, but not quite. It's okay, though, and I like it better in the shower gel & hand soap since it's not as strong and doesn't linger as much.

Popular Lotions / Creams