Joico K-Pak Reconstruct Shampoo for Dry or Damaged Hair

Filtered by age: 25-29
Joico K-Pak Reconstruct Shampoo for Dry or Damaged Hair

3.6

Water/Aqua/Eau, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamide Mea, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG-3 Distearate, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Pentapeptide-29 Cysteinamide, Pentapeptide-30 Cysteinamide, Tetrapeptide-28 Argininamide, Tetrapeptide-29 Argininamide, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Hydrolyzed Keratin PG-Propyl Methylsilanediol, Cocodimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Keratin, Aleurites Moluccana Seed Oil, Psidium Guajava Fruit Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hyaluronic Acid, Glycolipids, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Propoxytetramethyl Piperidinyl Dimethicone, Citric Acid, Tricetylmonium Chloride, Trisodium Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Disodium EDTA, Cetrimonium Chloride, C11-15 Pareth-7, Trideceth-6, Glycerin, Benzophenone-4, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Thioctic Acid, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Allantoin, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Methylparaben, Sodium Chloride, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Hydroxycitronellal, Fragrance/Parfum.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

THis stuff is great. I was on the hunt for a good shampoo and conditioner and after reading reviews decided to go for this. I almost purchased the shampoo and conditioner separately (which would have been a bit pricey) but there was a gift bag for 19.95 that had the shampoo, conditioner, kpak treatment and ultra hydrating mask. I used the shampoo and conditioner and WOW! My hair looked so good. I don't use a lot of product. Just Paul Mitchell flexible hold styling foam. I blowdry and flat iron plus I have a relaxer so my strands have to be well cared for to thrive. I have used many products and I have to say this stuff is great. I am still trying to decide which is better between this and Bumble and Bumble's Damage Therapy. I will update when I decide. This year I am on the quest for one product line and this may be it.

on 12/24/2008 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

If you chemically treat your hair on a regular basis, you need this shampoo in your stash. My hair is fine, naturally kinky 4a, relaxed and I permanently color twice a year and this has been such a great shampoo for my hair. Somehow while it leaves the hair soft and well-conditioned, it also puts strength back in too for a nice balance. Doesn't leave the hair stripped, nor weighed down. And the pH is perfect for the hair and scalp.

For those of you who try it once and hate it, give it a try for longer than that. I must admit the first two times I tried it, I was on the fence about it, but the third time was the charm and my hair has benefited ever since. I love the whole K-pak line and would definitely re-purchase, as I have many times already.

on 11/5/2008 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I am not a fan of the K-Pak line, however this shampoo is great. It smells awesome (it's always about the smell!) and it makes my very dry hair feel clean but definitely hydrated - the pH level has something to do with that. It doesn't tangle my hair which is a miracle in itself; I would definitely purchase this again.

on 10/29/2008 10:31:00 PM

I've been rebonding my hair on a twice yearly basis since 2003 plus colouring it every 3 months or so. My hair dresser put me on to K-pak about 4 months ago & I'm loving it, Prior to this I was using Kerestase & L'Oreal Liss extreme which were ok but weren't really doing anything spectacular for me. Now after using K-Pak my hair is so soft, smooth & healthy looking, I have less fly aways & it almost looks like virgin hair again.
I love this stuff, I have already converted my friends over to it & I would highly recommend K-Pak to every one

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

After reading reviews for this product, I am thoroughly confused LOL. My Joico K-Pak shampoo does not smell like rotten eggs, in fact it smells quite nice...like bananas. It also leaves my dry, frizzy hair in better condition than any other shampoo I've tried to date. The results are pretty immediate. So why, do you ask, am I giving this product only 2 stars? Well, sadly...every time I've used this shampoo I've noticed that my hair starts shedding excessively! When I run my fingers through my hair, it comes out in small clumps! I'm pretty sad about his, because I really like how my hair looks and feels when I use this shampoo.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I have very fine hair and find while it is very healthy it is still pretty fragile...I was told to use the entire k pack line even though my hair was not considered 'damaged' to my hairdresser. She told me it contains a lot of hair protiens that a lot of shampoo's and conditioners simply don't. So gave it a shot...after 6 months of using it I have found my hair is definatly stronger and is actually growing faster...my hair dresser said putting the 'keratin' protein in my hair from these products has shown to stimulate hair growth and is wonderful for the scalp...nuff said!! THIS STUFF IS GREAT FOR FINE HAIR!

on 8/31/2008 7:18:00 AM

I think this is a pretty good shampoo, I use it with the hydrating treatment so maybe they just work well together :)

In addition to not moisturizing my wavy hair very well, it built up on my roots like crazy! And I don't have super-oily hair to begin with! Even after one day's use, I found myself grabbing my Suave apple shampoo the next morning because my hair was so gunky. Suave shampoos are notorious for stripping my hair...so when I willingly use it on my hair despite other choices available under my bathroom sink, that should tell you something. I ended up exchanging this for Brocato Cloud 9.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I do not recommend this. This dried out my hair and did not do anything for frizz. There are much better products on the market like Pureology which are worth the extra money.

I did NOT like this product at all....the girls at the Trade Secret probably thought I was a nut...they said that lots of people LOVED it, and were shocked when I said I hated it. It did NOTHING for my naturally wavy hair. It was frizzy, and was soooo fly away. I think the person who recommended it was wrong in having me use it since I don't have extremely dry or damaged hair. I just have a massive amount of fine hair. Not a pretty sight today....didn't work on me.

Popular Shampoos