Mario Badescu Azulene Calming Mask

Mario Badescu Azulene Calming Mask

4.3

PVP, Seamollient,Methylparaben,Protol, Castor Oil, Balsam Peru, Kaolin, Wheat Starch, Zinc Oxide,Quaternium-60, Titanium Dioxide, Talc,Boric Acid,Polysorbate-80,Propylene Glycol, Azulene

on 5/8/2008 8:43:00 PM

Although it does help diminish redness, I don't really find it moisturizing. To the contrary, it feels like it absorbs oil (I believe it has clay on it).
I have sensitive skin that is very dry so I have to follow with a rich moisturizer after using this. It would be perfect if it was more hydrating.

on 2/8/2008 1:39:00 AM

This is the mask version of the control cream. This is the Ďgo-toí mask when my skin is irritated, red, and with a few pimples. The mask helps to reduce redness and balance my skin. It is very gentle and therefore would be suitable for everyday use. However, Iím a lazy person lately so I havenít been using the mask as frequently as I should.

Hmmm, well I hate to be the one to ruin the run of good reviews this mask seems to have got, but this does nothing for me. I have dryish, sensitive skin with red cheeks (not rosacea, i don't think, but horrible nontheless) and was hoping that this would calm it down - but alas, there was no difference whatsoever, and in fact the skin looked even more red after i rinsed it off, although this only lasted a few hours. What's more, it seemed to crack as it was drying, which I wouldn't expect of a 'soothing, hydrating mask'. Overall a big disappointment, so the search goes on........

on 8/5/2007 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This stuff is so soothing for my rosacea.Even the color is soothing, it feels cool going on and my skin calms down immediately! I have a good size sample (another thing I like about this company) and when it's gone, I'll order the full size.

on 6/28/2007 3:56:00 AM

This stuff works great! I got it as a sample and just ran out so I will definitly purchase the full size. If you dab this on any red spots or a new pimple, takes the redness right out! Awesome product!

on 3/20/2007 5:42:00 PM

I have used this for years. I always use it before I have a party or event because this zaps all the redness out of my ultra fair skin. It works like Visine for your skin! Lightly moisturizing and gets rid of the red!

Wow, another rave for Mario Badescu. I'm sorry I must sound like a broken record, but almost everything I have tried by MB has been a winner for me. This mask is indeed soothing and calming, with a wonderful light scent. I already use their Control Cream, so balsam peru is not a problem for me. Request a sample first to ensure that you aren't alergic to that ingredient. I alternate this with the Orange Tonic Mask. Good stuff!

on 12/16/2006 4:45:00 AM

Overall, it works even better than avene soothing mask for me. I mean products work differently for different people. I have fairly light, acne prone/couperose skin type.

before using mario badescu products, my visible blood vessels make my face quite red that people would notice. after using this product and control cream for two month, although I did not see much difference, my roommate pointed that my rash faded, so now I have show rosy cheeks instead of red face.

but I personally think this mask is even better than control cream because it calms my skin right after application, whenever I felt itching, over-drying,rashy or flaky, I put it one. 20 minutes and my face are very calmed, too bad the effect is not long lasting, but still a must-have if you exercise/drink alcohol/ love spicy food...

on 6/16/2006 7:31:00 PM

Loooooooove this product! I have combination/sensitive/acne prone skin and this mask does an amazing job of calming break out redness and irritated skin. It safely moisturizes the skin without leaving any kind of greasiness. It's truly a high end spa treatment in your own home. I sound like a commercial, but I love this stuff!

on 6/16/2006 7:28:00 PM

Tried a sample of this mask and loved it! Went back to buy and was so sure it would be ridiculously expensive. Not so! Only $18 for a pretty big jar that lasts quite a while. My skin is weird- oily in some spots, prone to breakouts in some areas, and super sensitive in others. I even use this when my face is broken out to soothe the skin and take away redness from blemishes. Works great!