Mario Badescu Azulene Calming Mask

Mario Badescu Azulene Calming Mask

4.3

PVP, Seamollient,Methylparaben,Protol, Castor Oil, Balsam Peru, Kaolin, Wheat Starch, Zinc Oxide,Quaternium-60, Titanium Dioxide, Talc,Boric Acid,Polysorbate-80,Propylene Glycol, Azulene

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

On my bad days I do pick my face and sometimes the pressure my fingers exert do leave marks behind. Sometimes during facials as well, I'll have to endure the painful extractions and come home with a red-ish face (sometimes the marks left behind by the metal extraction tool is still evident for hours after the facial) - so what I do is slap this mask on all the red/sensitive areas. No other masks can calm irritation AND soothe the skin in a mere 20 mins. Azulene is the main ingredient in this mask, and is just another name for chamomile fyi.

on 4/10/2010 8:01:00 PM

I think this product is amazing! I have very very sensitive skin and immediately after using this product my skin looks less irritated and it minimized the appearance of my pores. My skin also looked brighter and my mineral powder went on more smoothly after using. I will definitely buy this again!!

on 11/25/2009 12:09:00 AM

This mask didn't do anything on my skin. It smelt good and felt good, but it didn't calm down my blotchy skin or help with the blotchiness at all...

on 10/20/2009 11:58:00 AM

This stuff is amazing. Although it isn't really a mask designed for acne-prone skin, it's great! It really helps calm down any redness or inflammation surrounding any breakouts and evens out your general skin tone. It leaves your skin smooth and soft, no irritation, and gently tightens pores without being drying. One of my new HG masks...

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have the same complaint as Rickisyed: minus the Olive Eye Cream, many Mario Badescu products just seem to go bad way too quickly. I understand that this might come from the lack of preservatives and chemicals in the products, but I don't think the shoddy packaging helps much, either. That's the only reason I'm giving this product four lippies instead of five. It's great stuff, but use it fast. You have been warned.

Beyond that, this mask is excellent. I use it about once a week, or whenever my skin seems a bit more irritated than usual. It starts to dry after about 5-10 minutes, and I leave it on for about 20. Afterward, my skin is smooth, un-red, and clear. Speaking of which, it also makes a great product to use before special occasions.

Azulene Calming Mask has an aquatic/herbal scent, and a texture and color about equivalent to a less-dense toothpaste. It won't dry your skin like many masks out there, and seems ideal for people with sensitive skin.

on 12/30/2008 8:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

You know I really love mario badesu products, especially the enyzme cleanser which is the best in the world. I do like the mask, it leaves my skin smooth even on the most drier months, this is a winter staple. I have kept all five lippies because this is a great product but I feel like since mario badescu products are mostly natural with little preservatives, the masks dont preserve well over few months. I feel like they all go bad after 2 months or so, becoming hard paste/unuseable. I wished they packaged their liquid masks in packets so they stay preserved and useable. Everytime I buy this I never finish the product, I usually use it half way point in one season, and have to toss the rest, but since this mask is affordable, I definitely will buy it again. I do really recommend the product; the benefits of this product overcome the packaging.

on 11/22/2008 12:19:00 PM

On first use, it didnt do anything to help soothe the red spots around my nose and I was pretty disappointed by the lack of results. However I paired this up with the drying mask and after trying this for the second time my skin actually looked fairer and clearer! I also left this on for an hour instead of the recommended 15-20.

on 11/7/2008 9:12:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Love this! I got it as part of the rosacea kit and it is terrific. Very light scent, absolutely no irritation, can be used daily if you felt the need. If you truly have rosacea, this is a go-to product for bringing down the inflammation. If you don't, try another mask.

on 10/14/2008 11:08:00 AM

I first tried this mask during the winter. I have very sensitive skin so during the winter and summer is when I need to be extra careful with my skin because it gets very irritated. After I used this mask a couple times a week, my skin is less irritated, meaning less redness all the time. The product is very gentile so it's perfect for people who have sensitive skin.

on 9/1/2008 7:09:00 PM

This mask is amazing. I use it at my skin care clinic on my customers during facials (and I don't even carry the product line yet). It's that good.... It works best on people who have acne and are using harsh acne products, resulting in a red and irritated face. This immediately zaps all the redness out of the face. My customers think I perform miracles during my facials, but it's really this mask. For people with rosacea, it works pretty well. Some cases are tough to treat, so it doesn't always work. I wish it was more moisturizing. Overall, an amazing mask and very reasonably priced. I highly recommend. I also love the scent.