Mario Badescu Azulene Calming Mask

Mario Badescu Azulene Calming Mask

4.3

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have the same complaint as Rickisyed: minus the Olive Eye Cream, many Mario Badescu products just seem to go bad way too quickly. I understand that this might come from the lack of preservatives and chemicals in the products, but I don't think the shoddy packaging helps much, either. That's the only reason I'm giving this product four lippies instead of five. It's great stuff, but use it fast. You have been warned.

Beyond that, this mask is excellent. I use it about once a week, or whenever my skin seems a bit more irritated than usual. It starts to dry after about 5-10 minutes, and I leave it on for about 20. Afterward, my skin is smooth, un-red, and clear. Speaking of which, it also makes a great product to use before special occasions.

Azulene Calming Mask has an aquatic/herbal scent, and a texture and color about equivalent to a less-dense toothpaste. It won't dry your skin like many masks out there, and seems ideal for people with sensitive skin.

on 4/5/2006 12:47:00 AM

took one lippie off because this mask dried up in my pot! but overall i love this mask because it mosturizes my oilysensitivecomboacneprone skin!! seriously! without making my skin look greasy. it leaves my skin supple and moisturized! it doesnt add any oil slick. i love it!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I loved this mask. Planning on buying a second jar. It does relieve redness slightly and I can put this on my face in the shower. A little hard to rinse off, but no biggy. I adore the blue color and the simple packaging.

on 12/28/2005 4:00:00 PM

Great soothing mask for irritation and sensitivity. The thing I like about it is it doesn't make my combi skin too greasy after like most moisturizing masks. Has a cooling effect.

I have sensitive skin and sometimes, my face hurts. This abilene mask is my lifesaver. I always keep a jar in my bathroom. The second I put this on my skin, I feel relief and my skin is left calm and moisturized. This is one of my must haves. and it is not expensive. well worth buying.
Mario Badescu is an all natural line.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is a must have if you experience redness from Rosacea. I like to use the Azulene Calming Mask after I've used a more abrasive mask to deep clean my pores, because it will calm the redness down, and soothe any stinging feeling. The smell is not overwhelming. Will definitely buy again.

on 8/20/2015 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Super calming for my moderate rosacea. Really hydrating after every use. Leaves no residue on your skin and the product smells great. Definitely saw an improvement after a month of using it 1x a week! It runs out pretty quickly, so just use a thin layer all over... same results :)

BellaMonkey, we get it. You had issues with their cream. No need to blow MUA up with every product ever made by them. Good grief! It took me 5 pages (at least) to get passed your griping. Once is quite enough. Just sayin'

on 2/6/2013 8:45:00 PM

This was a gift from a wonderful MUA pal so I had to look up the pricing. Not bad at $18.00 US for 2 full ounces. The mask is aqua in color, thick smells fresh and clean. It applies very easily, a little goes a long way. It has been a God-send for my skin which in addition to being aging/acne prone is super sensitive and often for no reason at all becomes, itchy, dry, blotchy, can erupt in breakouts...crazy skin.

This really is calming and cool. I apply as directed to a clean face, wait 20 minutes while I go about getting ready and I rinse if off in the shower. it also hydrates which was a really nice surprise. It has carnation oil in it very close to the top of the list of ingredients. I looked up carnation oil and learned that it is very helpful in normalizing skin conditions ie skin rashes and eczema.

I use it every 3-4 days before my makeup and/or as needed.
List of ingredients:

NGREDIENTS: PVP, Seamollient,Methylparaben,Protol, Castor Oil, Balsam Peru, Kaolin, Wheat Starch, Zinc Oxide,Quaternium-60, Titanium Dioxide, Talc,Boric Acid,Polysorbate-80,Propylene Glycol, Azulene.

Website Link:

Pros list:

A little goes a long way
Not too expensive
Full 2 ounces of product
reputable manufacturer
calms the skin
conditions the skin
quality ingredients

Cons list:
No dispenser to eliminate or reduce germs
container gets messy because of the viscosity of the mask

Yes I will buy it again. Hopefully the packaging will be updated by that time.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

On my bad days I do pick my face and sometimes the pressure my fingers exert do leave marks behind. Sometimes during facials as well, I'll have to endure the painful extractions and come home with a red-ish face (sometimes the marks left behind by the metal extraction tool is still evident for hours after the facial) - so what I do is slap this mask on all the red/sensitive areas. No other masks can calm irritation AND soothe the skin in a mere 20 mins. Azulene is the main ingredient in this mask, and is just another name for chamomile fyi.