Clarins Liquid Bronze

Clarins Liquid Bronze
Liquid Bronze

4.1

4.2 oz: Water (Aqua), Cyclomethicone, Dihydroxyacetone, Cetearyl Isononanoate, PPG-15, Stearyl Ether, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, C14-22 Alcohols, Erythrulose, PPG-5 Ceteth-20, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, C12-20 Alkyl Glucoside, Squalene, Fragrance (Parfum), Tocopheryl Acetate, Xanthan Gum, Methylparaben, Polysorbate 60, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Sorbitan Isostearate, Propylparaben, Citric Acid, BHT, Sodium Benzoate.

on 5/9/2005 3:43:00 PM

*Liquid Bronze* is THE BEST facial tanner EVER! I love it! So happy I bought this because it's going to be such a staple for me.

Clarins describes Liquid Bronze: "As refreshing as water and gentle as a milk, this scientifically advanced formula sweeps onto skin like a whisper with either a cotton pad or fingertips for an amazingly, natural-looking tan every time. Color shows smoothly and quickly and never turns streaky, so skin looks remarkably radiant for days."

...How do I love thee?...Let me count the ways...

1) Most gorgeous, streak-free, glowy bronze color, EVER! It's a totally natural glow on my PPP skin with just one application, it looks like I've been in the sun all day. It's buildable so you can get darker. So subtle and natural, yet bronzey and glowy.

2) The smell is amazing! It's a light floral that reminds me of a faint perfume rather than a disgusting self-tanner. I have never smelled a self-tanner that smells so good - not chemically at all. If this is the future of self-tanners, I'm happy.

3) You can apply it with a cotton pad! Just squeeze it onto the pad and run it over your skin. Perfect color! I did this last night and I barely paid attention to the application – but there is no streaking or uneven color – just a gorgeous bronze glow. You can also apply it with your bare fingers, too.

4) It really does last for days unlike most self-tanners that fade within a day or two, this seems to last at least 5 days.

5) I can apply moisturizer and makeup immediately after this! No more waiting around for the tan to develop. And because the fragrance is beautiful, I can use this in the morning and not have to worry about stinking like self-tanner.

6) It's not greasy or gross! It feels so lightweight, like I’ve applied a light moisturizer. No more greasy, stinky mess.

7) It's buildable, so you can get darker the more you use it.

8) Beautiful bottle – and a bargain at $28 for 4.2oz.

9) Gentle and natural ingredients. [Water (Aqua), Cyclomethicone, Dihydroxyacetone, Cetearyl Isononanoate, PPG-15, Stearyl Ether, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, C14-22 Alcohols, Erythrulose, PPG-5 Ceteth-20, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, C12-20 Alkyl Glucoside, Squalene, Fragrance (Parfum), Tocopheryl Acetate, Xanthan Gum, Methylparaben, Polysorbate 60, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Sorbitan Isostearate, Propylparaben, Citric Acid, BHT, Sodium Benzoate.]

Like I said, I love it! And I will probably think of more and more reasons why I love it, as I keep using it! Best. Stuff. Ever!!! continued >>

on 4/30/2005 8:48:00 PM

This stuff is really amazing. I was a little hesitant at first because the other reviews (while all really positive) made it seem like this was a very light self-tanner and I have to admit that I like a bit more of a dramatic result. But I was so pleasantly surprised. Yes, this is subtle, but it is totally buildable. I did one coat 2 nights ago, another last night and another this morning and I have the most believable, realistic, golden-brown tan on my face that I have ever gotten from a self-tanner. I also cannot stress enough how wonderful it is that this dries immediately (this is what made me able to use it this morning, even though I was in a rush). It also smells wonderful, unlike every other self-tanner I've tried, and it FEELS great. I always ended up using self-tanner for the body, on my face and they felt oily and gross and either made me break out or made me feel like they were going to make me break out. This is light and makes my skin soft. I can't rave enough about this.

EDIT: Sadly I had to take off a lippie. As much as I like this, it just turned out to be too subtle for me. I loved the color I got after using it twice a day for three days, but who can continue that routine? I am reluctantly giving this a 4, instead of a 5...if only it had better color payoff!! =( I WILL absolutely continue to use this until I finish the bottle though. It's still better than any other self-tanner for the face that i've tried.

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

I love, love, love this self-tanner!!! It is my new HG self-tanner for the face. It goes on effortlessly and there is no streaking - it's goof-proof! The scent is heavenly, so much so that I wish that they would bottle it as a perfume. The colour really comes through in about three hours and it is purely golden. The best part is that it is buildable, so you can go ahead and apply more for a darker "tan". Applies well with the fingers (have not tried it with a cotton). The colour lasts about three or four days. And yes, you can apply your make-up right away without any problems, no need to wait for it to dry! How perfect is that?!? Of course I'll be buying this one again!

on 4/11/2005 10:41:00 AM

Lovely self-tanner (sold under the name of Eau Lactee Autobronzant in Spain)!!!!!! It gives a light, natural-looking, glowing tan in a couple of hours. Actually, the effect may be a little too subtle for those who look for a dramatic tan from the very first application. It's a very fluid lotion which can be applied with a cotton ball and dries in seconds, so you can use makeup right after applying it. I've found that, if applied w/ cotton ball, the effect is super-subtle. In case I want a more tanned look, I just apply it w/ my fingers (even when I use cotton ball, I end up rubbing my fingers over my face, to ensure even application). In either case, I have not experienced any streaks or white spots whatsoever. I love the scent too (it hasn't got that AWFUL smell most self-tanners have). Doesn't dry your skin, nor does make it shiny or oily (as other s/tanners do). I can't rave enough about this product. This is my HG self tanner and will repurchase forever!!!!!!!!

on 4/3/2005 2:39:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I love this self tanner. I am extremely pale (Bisque-Jane Iredale, MAC NW20, Clarins 01)and it gives me an amazing glow within hours. I love the fact that you can put it on under your moisturizer and it dries immediately! I tried putting it on with a cotton pad but I wound up missing spots on my neck so I now use my fingers and I have not had the first streak or blemish from it (I have combo/adult acne prone skin). No yucky smell either. I know that the cost seems high but ask for samples, Clarins gives them out like crazy and I have been using this every other day or so for a couple of weeks now and I'm still on the same sample bottle I started with.

on 3/29/2005 10:50:00 AM

This product is wonderful. Haven't had any problems at all. It gives a nice tan glow. Bottle is quite big, and you don't need too much. I use it every other day and because I exfoliate 2-3 times a week. I will by again! Great, great tanner!

on 3/26/2005 9:11:00 PM

While the results of this tanner is plain wonderful (golden and just intense enough), it's the convenience that sets this particular self tanner apart. According to package labels, you can put on your moisturizers and makeup right away. NO MORE WAITING! Why did they not figure this out sooner?!?! I use this now every morning because I exfoliate quiet a bit so it's harder for me to build up color. This is definitely my HG. No more powder/gel bronzers that rubs off and stains all my white shirts/linen. A tiny bit of Armani fluid sheer in #3 and one would NEVER guess that I work crazy hours in a law office everyday and never sees the sun. One TINY gripe is with the bottle. I feel like it's a spill disaster waiting to happen and a pump would be much better.