Clarins Liquid Bronze

Clarins Liquid Bronze
Liquid Bronze

4.1

4.2 oz: Water (Aqua), Cyclomethicone, Dihydroxyacetone, Cetearyl Isononanoate, PPG-15, Stearyl Ether, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, C14-22 Alcohols, Erythrulose, PPG-5 Ceteth-20, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, C12-20 Alkyl Glucoside, Squalene, Fragrance (Parfum), Tocopheryl Acetate, Xanthan Gum, Methylparaben, Polysorbate 60, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Sorbitan Isostearate, Propylparaben, Citric Acid, BHT, Sodium Benzoate.

This is my favourite facial fake tan! I've been using it for years as it's the only one i've found that doesn't break me out, isn't too dark, orange, yellow, patchy, muddy, streaky etc.

I'm 34 and I have very fair sensitive, acne-prone, highly allergic skin but I have no problem with this product. To prep I exfoliate with a cream cleanser and a konjac sponge, rinse with water and pat dry. I wipe the tanner onto bare skin with a cotton pad going over several times to spread it out evenly, then wipe over my eyebrows, hairline and around my eyes with a dry pad. If I want a darker colour I wait for it to dry then go over it again if I'm feeling impatient, or for a better result repeat the next day.

It does smell quite strong but I've never found a fake tanner that doesn't smell weird and I've tried a lot of them. I just apply it at night and wash off thoroughly the next morning. I do find it develops more the next day even after washing it off.

It's not the cheapest fake tanner but for me it's the best and I like the straightforward packaging.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This self-tanner has the most awful self-tanner smell. I don't know what products other reviewers compared it to, but compare to my Xen-tan it's terrible.
It didn't give my medium warm completion a tan, but a gorgeous photo finish glow. Looks very pretty, but I still wanted more color. It didn't break out my sensitive skin, but no tan and the awful smell doesn't worth more than three stars.
Will not repurchase, do not recommend.

on 6/16/2014 1:38:00 AM

Beautiful subtle glow that does take 2-3 days of applications. My only complaint is I wish it would build to be darker if needed. However I must praise Clarins because this did not bother or break out my incredibly sensitive skin! I recommend it.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This morning I had ran out of my ordinary moisturiser and I had a small sample tube of this lying about so I quickly rubbed it on my face, put my normal foundation on and forgot about it. At the end of the day when my makeup had faded I looked in the mirror and my face was a gorgeous tanned shade, so natural like I've just come off holiday. I'm so impressed and I'm going to buy a full bottle! Took a lippy off for the smell - typical biscuity fake tan smell but I think this is because I applied it with my hands and I could smell it on them all day. I'll use a cotton pad tomorrow!

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

It's fine, but it just doesn't make much of a difference with my skin tone. Certainly not a $40 difference, or however expensive it was. The pro is that it is subtle and doesn't have the bad smell of most self-tanners. The con is that I never even notice that I've used it.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

If you're looking for a self-tanner that will make you look like you just spent 2 weeks in the Caribbean, this isn't the right product for you. I have olive skin that gets quite pale during winter, and this product gives me a slight tint and very subtle glow. I don't look tan after using it; but I certainly look a lot less vampire-ish. Actually, since I tried St Tropez Dark Mousse on my face (what an awful, awful mistake) I'm even more in love with the Liquid Bronze. I guess I'm more comfortable with a gradual, subtle tint, especially on my face. If you want a deeper color, just reapply the next day or every other day until you achieve the right color. Color wise, on me it doesn't look orange. It fades naturally too. As for the smell... It smells awful after 2-3 hours of application. Since I apply it at night, I'm not too bothered. Plus, when I wash my face in the morning the fake-tan smell vanishes completely. As instructed, I apply it with a cotton-pad. The color is milky-white, so don't expect a guide color. Just make sure you spread it as evenly as possible. It doesn't dry too quickly, you'll have just enough time to work it.
Usually I don't repurchase because I love trying new things, but in this case I'm settling for the Liquid Bronze.

on 8/28/2013 4:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This pains be to say, as I absolutely LOVED this upon my first few applications, but it breaks out my combination skin. SO sad to say that because this is such a beautifully natural self-tanner. Being fair skinned it's hard to get a natural tan colour, so I was very excited when I saw the amazing glow I had waking up the next day after a night-time application. One thing seemed off, I had a pimple in the middle of my forehead...I shrugged this off as being a hormonal thing, however maybe I was just too blindly in love to admit it! After the third application I had to throw in the towel, as my skin was acting up like crazy. I've been dealing with the reproductions for two weeks now, as my skincare products are purging out all the crappy stuff that clogged my pores.

I should note, I had light acne for years until recently where I found a good regime and have had completely clear skin since. I decided it was time to add a product that I thought I would never be able to use before, however it seems that my skin just can't tolerate it. Granted, I'd rather have clear skin than tanned skin, but it still is a bummer. I really wanted this to work. If you have normal skin, this is a keeper. BEAUTIFUL colour and so natural.

If you have problem skin please don't stray away from trying, as most people with acne prone skin swear it doesn't break them out. I'd recommend getting a sample to see how your skin will react if you are concerned.

As far as face self-tanners go, this is top-notch. The packaging is quite convenient. The product's consistency is milky.
Importantly: the product does not have or develop the horrible scent that is so frequently associated with self-tanner.
The colour develops very nicely, and incredibly naturally.

on 4/22/2013 6:45:00 AM

Was in two minds about this (hence the 3 star rating). I use the Clarins self-tanning milk and really like it as its so natural (tho smells a bit). I thought this might work better for my face. I am as pale as a ghost. Whilst you could argue this is very natural, its also gives barely any color, i can put it on and still be as pale as a ghost :S ... However, instead of throwing my money down the drain, I used it by putting on with my hands reasonably generously without moisturiser underneath and found it turned out quite well. Gives a nice glow without looking like you have been tangoed.

I bought this, in part because "InStyle" magazine chose this as the best facial self-tanner for 2013. I have to say application is easy. Put some on a cotton ball, swab it evenly around your face, and wait. The color that develops is a believable bronze. A keeper.