John Frieda Radiant Red Color Last Conditioner

John Frieda Radiant Red Color Last Conditioner

3.0

on 3/22/2006 10:02:00 PM

I am not as sold on the conditioner as the shampoo and color sealant. It is an okay conditioner but I have definately had products that cost less and seemed to leave my hair softer. I do like the scent. The tube can be a pain to get all the product out and it is identical to the shampoo so if you are blind like me it is very easy to grab the wrong bottle! Also as I said with the shampoo-it does leave (washable)stains on your towels. they come out in the washing machine but if you like to use towels a few times before washing you will not want them displayed in the meantime with the red streaks. since i use all three products i can not tell you how much the conditioner contributes to the color lasting in my hair.

on 3/2/2006 6:52:00 PM

This doesn't do anything for saving my color that I can tell. It's a thick conditioner that is pleasant enough, but it seems to dry my hair out and make it frizzy. Had high hopes--it's horrible.

on 1/6/2006 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I was desperate since they discontinued Biolage Earth Tones and got this. I am grossed out by the heavy perfumed smell- it also doesn't deposit any color into the hair that would make a difference. I have colored red/brown hair and am searching for a replacement for my beloved Biolage Earth Tones. This drug store brand is not it...will not be buying again!

on 11/8/2005 6:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I dye my hair various shades of red (right now I'm rocking "double intensity auburn red"), and John Freida's Radiant Red is the best line EVER for keeping my red color bright and looking true. The smell of this conditioner is absolutely heavenly, very fresh and just nice. It makes my hair super-soft and since my hair is pretty short, this conditioner detangles it nicely as well. I put a big dollop all over my hair and then let it absorb while I scrub my face, and then rinse with cool water - perfection! I picked this up at Target with the shampoo and am very impressed with the Radiant Red combination! EDIT 2/9/07: I don't use this anymore because I've dyed my hair back brown and don't need it. continued >>

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I love this product so much. It keeps my red/brown/auburn color from fading so quickly. I have colored my hair a red/brown/auburn color for 4 years and it always fades so quickly. Since I have used this product, I have gotten so many compliments on the color of my hair. The smell is good, not too strong or unbearable, there is a faint "hair dye" smell in it though. This product is red and I was afraid it might stain my hands or the tub, but it did not. Great product for the price, I highly recommend for any redhead looking to elongate the red in their color.

on 8/30/2005 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i bought this thinking, it's dark pink, it will help my color last. it doesn't. and it really doesn't condition so well either. if i didn't know better, i would think this is drying out my hair and making the color fade. if you dye your hair, this just isn't going to help it at all. i gave it a two because i like how it looks and the squeezy tube. i would not repurchase this.*update*i am actually throwing this away...my hair feels coarse and unless i use some other product, i can't even comb my hair wet. this sucks real bad, i took away my good packaging lippy because i hate this stuff. (and i am thrifty, so if i am throwing it away, it has to be really bad.)

on 8/26/2005 12:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I bouth the shamppo, conditioner and serum to try and combat fading on my deep-red/plum colored locks. The conditioner seems OK - not bad and not outstanding. Lightweight and minimal build-up - which is a GOOD thing. There is no objective way to measure if there has been a decrease in fading - but the shampoo, conditioner and serum system together seems to help.

I do prefer Biolage's EARTHTONES red conditioner a bit better. It is creamier - the John Frieda is more of a gel. Ah, if only those pesky reds wouldn't fade so fast.

on 7/20/2005 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Overall, blah. Not terrible, not great. The conditioner is not rich enough for me. The smell is off -- I think it wants to smell a bit like Giorgio Red, but I am not sure. Did not keep me redder longer.

on 5/10/2005 3:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I've been using this now for 2 weeks. It's a nice conditioner that works very well on my thick wavy long hair. I'm not sure about preserving color-I admit I'm skeptical of those claims but I'll reupdate since I'm between colorings.
UPDATE: It's now been a month since I colored my hair. This is a nice conditioner that makes my hair feel silky and healthy. It does nothing for the color - it fade about the same as usual, which is why I lowered my rating.

on 5/26/2005 3:01:00 PM

This conditioner is the best I've used for coloured red hair. I use the one for lighter red (copper to scarlet) and it has kept my light copper hair from fading to a dull blonde/brown. I love how shiny my hair is. I use Feria Blush Blonde and it can damage the hair follicle, but this conditioner keeps my hair from breaking. I love it. I also use the shampoo and the anti frizz serum from John Frieda.