Viktor&Rolf Viktor and Rolf Flowerbomb

Viktor&Rolf Viktor and Rolf Flowerbomb

3.7

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

-sighs- This is one of those times I wish I had sniffed before I pulled out the big bucks. I purchased the edp and YES there is a diff between the edp and the edt. I like the edt better; a little sharper but neither works well on em at this point. On others its AMAZING. I love the scent. But on me, this freaks out and declares war on my body chemistry, similar to the way Theiry's ANGEL did.

My husband nailed it; said it smells like B.O.!!!! OMG! Repulsive on me. The sweetness gets that summer sweat scent... The same happens with JS's Fancy, so I think it's something with the notes which are similar.

Sad because the bottle is gorgeous, feminine and the scent lovely on the right person.

Anyway, if you would like to try this and are looking for a MUCH less expensive dupe, go for B&BW Sensual Amber. LOL TRUST ME..Try it. It is a NEAR EXACT dupe to my nose for Flowerbomb edp! I sprayed it on a few weeks ago at the store, on and was like "wow that smells familiar. I wonder why." When I got home and hubby sniffed me I remembered why.

Him: "Eww...I thought you got rid of that stinky BO perfume." Me: "I did. It's a diff perfume."
Him: "I don't like it. Take it off."

So yes..not only to my nose is it a dupe but to hubby's too apparently and this man so infrequently notices anything I wear. Flowerbomb and Sensual Amber are the only 2 he has ever HATED vehemently.

If you love FB but hate the price, try B&BW SA. At the semi-annual sale it was $6.25.

on 6/23/2010 4:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

The packaging of Flower Bomb is adorable! It's a shaped like a little pink grenade w/ a tiny black flower for a grenade pin. So cute! It smells wonderfully sweet. Perfumes in general tend to smell different on different people. But it smells somewhat like Cotton Candy on me. The only downfall is that it's expensive. I got the smaller 1.7 oz for $100, but depending on where you go... You can find a Gift set with the same sized bottles including other items such as the lotion & showgel for the same price!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE this perfume. I smelled it over the weekend and just HAD to order some for myself. It smells lucious. Thats really the only word I can use to describe it. It's strong when you first spray it on, but it has lasting power and still smells pleasant by the end of the day.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I am really on the fence about this one. I have had it for several months after an impulse Saks buy where I walked out with three bottles of various perfumes. Out of the three I think this was the mistake. Jo Malone and Hanae Mori were with out question "gems". I adore the Flowerbomb bottle it is such a solid lovely bottle. Sadly my "grenade pin" broke off while in my luggage.

This scent comes on extremely strong and all most cloying, I wish there was a "sheer" watered down version of this. Like Stella McCartney's sheer versions of her perfumes. Even if you spritz lightly this stuff packs a serious punch. It can be offensive in terms of potency and all most reminds me of what the ladies inhabiting a brothel would smell like.
To my nose Flowerbomb is carmelized sugar, lemon tarts with whipping cream, creme brulees, and a very strong cloying anonymous "flower". With deep magenta, velvety petals unfurling drowning you in a borderline obnoxious aroma when you lean in to capture it's scent. This scent does morph I find it most tolerable after several hours.
You get what you pay for with this scent, the formulation is very high quality and this perfume lasts and lasts. It will not fade. It is quite stubborn. I would not re purchase as there are simply far too many other perfumes out there to discover. This does not fit into a signature scent niche for me unfortunately. I don't want this to go to waste so I have to force myself to use it, I live in an extremely HOT HOT HOT area 118-120+ in the summer and I am afraid this may be far too cloying, sickly sweet, and strong for the heat. I would suggest this for the winter months only.

on 5/5/2010 11:04:00 AM

I feel so sexy when I wear this stuff. It's a very creamy scent and on me stronge vanilla notes stand out all day. I begged my DH for this for my birthday and woke up this morning to a lotion and perfume set. Mmmm love this smell.

on 4/24/2010 7:14:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

i really wanted to like this. the packaging is awful (in practicality terms) even though it's very cute. the plastic viktor & rolf tag is cute but entirely something that seems like it would fall off. kind of cheap, for what you pay for. the fragrance itself smells identical to kat von d "saint" to me. i don't know if i just don't like "foody" smells, but it's essentially not very unique at all. a little heady & hard to tolerate for long. seems like it screams for attention, which i don't like.

on 4/20/2010 5:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the best ever. Everytime I wear this, I get compliments from people asking me what I'm wearing. When I first bought this, I thought the smell was too overpowering and unconventional. I've definately changed my mind since then. This scent has a very good staying power. It's not one of those things you spray on at 8am and by 11am rolls around, you're completly naked in the scent department.
And the scent transforms into a very soft musky, powdery, flowery tone that lingers without bothering anyone.
Would buy this over and over and over again.
Actually one of the few fragrances I've ever finished.

For the longest time I had a love/hate relationship with this fragrance. I loved it at first, but then hated it because it was a bit on the strong side. Then I loved it again (after I matured a bit and got tired of sweet floral fragrances) and still love it at the moment. It's definitely not for the faint of heart. It lasts a long time on skin (at least on me), so if you don't like it, you're stuck with it for quite a while. I don't know anything about base/end/etc notes, so can't comment on that. But I can tell that this fragrance is very musky. I can't spray it on myself, because a lot comes out and it's way too strong for me. Instead I got a teeny-tiny bottle with a cap as a gift with purchase and just refill it with fragrance when needed. When I feel like putting some perfume on, I just dab some on my wrists and behind ears. This way it's not too overpowering for me and others. My fiance loves when I wear it and he's really picky about fragrances. Even thought it's a beautiful fragrance, try it before buying it.

on 4/2/2010 8:18:00 PM

Really amazing juice! I first sniffed this in a magazine strip a few years ago. I was nauseated and thought it was a disgusting blend of flowers. Lesson learned...magazine strips are NOT the best indicator of how good a fragrance will be (a personal pet peeve is reading reviews solely based on a whiff from a magazine). I actually tested this after reading so many good reviews on this site...so off to Nordstrom I went. I ended up buying the Eau de Parfum (love it even more than the EDT), the body lotion, and the shower gel (in a nice gift set). It is creamy, delicious, and enchanting on my skin. I love this scent so much and it just gets better and better as the day goes on. Don't let the name fool you...this is more than just a conglomeration of flowers. It has a sugary, vanilla, incense yumminess that holds this fragrance together and makes it unique and irreplaceable. I can't recommend Flowerbomb highly enough.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I am a big fan of sweeter scents so as soon as I smelled this I knew it would be mine. The scent has fewer notes (tea, bergamot, sambac jasmine, orange tree, catleya orchid, freesia, rose, amber, musk, and patchouli) than a lot of other perfumes but somehow is much more complex. It's sweet, no doubt there, but it's also musky in a very sexy, feminine way. It's smooth, elegant, warm, sultry, heady. After a few months, however, I did find the scent to be too heavy and cloying and ended up giving it to my Mom. A shame because it really is lovely. The packaging has to be the cutest thing I've ever seen... a grenade was genius and so original! I didn't purchase this bottle as it was a very thoughtful early birthday present.

Popular Fragrances