Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder
Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 6.0%, Zinc Oxide 4.2% Ingredients: Mica,Squalane, Silica, Boron Nitride, Lauroyl Lysine, Kaolin, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain: Iron Oxides, Ultramarines

on 7/12/2010 2:28:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I first purchased the mineral wear talc free loose powder, and then when purchasing a new container of it, i came acrost this product due to the way it looked! I used it and it looked flawless on my face. I would buy this again for sure. :)

on 7/10/2010 3:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I think this broke me out in cystic pimples. I have extremely acne and clog prone skin and so I can't be absolutely sure that it was this powder that broke me out. ...But I'm pretty sure it is. My face was actually healing for a bit and then BAM 4 cystic pimples. I have a feeling it was the mica that broke me out....or squalane...or the silica. IDK.
I'm now scared to use it again and will return it tomorrow.
Packaging was a bit of a hassle as well. I disliked the brush that came with it and putting the mirror on the bottom of the compact was sort of stupid.
Coverage was so-so; a little cakey if you overapply.
Color was decent. I'm a NC 20 and I got this in Translucent Light.
Never again will I try mineral foundation.

on 6/3/2010 12:10:00 PM

I am just finishing my fourth one of these powders. I will not be repurchasing again. I use Creamy Natural and its a great match for my skin. I use it to set my tinted moisturizer or foundation. On a few occasions I just wore this with some concealer underneath. I love the coverage of this. Its capable of covering some of my acne scars. The packaging is awful every single one of these I have owned has broken. Its flimsy plastic. Its not good for oily skin. My skin isn't oily and I still have to blot a bit. The finish is my biggest issue. It is really powdery. If you're looking for coverage then its easy to look powder. If you just use a light dusting of this to set your foundation, then its not so bad. I love that this doesn't irritate my acne prone skin in the slightest. Not having talc in it is great.

on 5/5/2010 10:31:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

LOVEEE this! I do not have perfect skin whatsoever but If i don't feel like putting foundation on, i can wear this alone and still get coverage. I found that using a sponge works great for days that I only wear this because it provides a little more coverage.. but if i wear this over foundation, I apply it with a big fluffy brush and its perfect at setting my makeup! I would definitly recommend this, just don't use the brush provided! that is usually with all makeup that provides applicators, they are usually cheap and crappy. But overall FABULOUS powder!

on 4/11/2010 9:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I pretty much gave up on finding a decent face powder, because they tend to make my face look cakey and super dry. But recently since I've been using PF's Healthy Wear Tinted Moisturizer, I really needed a powder to set my face and make it look matte when it starts to get really greasy after 4-5 hours.
PROS:
- Talc free
- Result in NO breakouts/inflammations for me (#1 priority for me)
- Goes on sheer and matte with a soft kabuki brush
- REALLY natural coverage (got this in Buff Beige)
- Still looks natural and not cakey after touch-ups
CONS:
- The brush it comes with is utter garbage
- Rather plain packaging
- Packaging looks like it'll pop open easily in my purse (so I keep it in a Ziploc baggie haha)
- The mirror is on the flip-side of the powder tray. That's just weird and very inconvenient.
TIPS:
- for the love of macaroni & cheese, do not use the brush it comes with!
- I use a soft kabuki brush, PAT that into the powder surface, and tap out the excess before applying. I've read other reviews that suggest doing that instead of swirling your brush around in there vigorously. Seems like this pressed powder is too soft and finely-milled for heavy swirling.
- I'm currently using a powder puff for touch-ups but I keep feeling like the powder isn't really getting on the puff so I have to keep going back for more product. So annoying. I'll be purchasing a retractable kabuki soon.
OVERALL: Even though the packaging isn't that great and makes me nervous (thank goodness for that Ziploc baggie), this powder really does do what it's supposed to do, which is why I give it 5 stars! It's noncomedogenic, oil-free, and hypoallergenic so it doesn't block pores, cause breakouts, or irritate my acne-prone, on-Proactiv-regimen skin. It really does give a natural-looking finish that is very forgiving to dry areas, and I find that it doesn't give me fine lines like some powders do. I'm very, VERY happy with this purchase so I will repurchase this when the time comes!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

First off, I have tried Bare and Everyday Minerals and I find the PF line is just as good if you dont have severe acne. Most people find that the more expensive mineral brands cover better, though I didnt personally, they did cover but made me look strange and plastic-y.

This isnt the most awesome stuff if you want coverage. I use concealer on the spots I need and use this as a powder foundation on top. I dont have terrible skin anymore though its def not perfect. So I dont think this is meant for those with really bad skin.

But what I love about this is that you can put alot on without it looking chalky, unnatural...or well, powdery! When I was using skincare products that initially made my complexion look ruddy, this covered it very well while making it look natural. I would def choose using concealer and this powder over the other method of slathering on foundation and then using a light powder on top. One tip: after using concealer on spots, using my foundation brush to apply this all over my t zones and cheeks....then I will go over individual spots again with a lip brush dipped in this powder. It blends a spot very very well and makes it less noticeable.

The only problem I have with this really is that if you have dry patches it will highlight them if you dont have a really good moisturizer. When I was using this with a really drying acne treatment, I could not wear this (but then again I couldnt find any makeup that looked quite well with my skin in that state!)

The Translucent Light matches my skin perfectly, and the Translucent is a close match for my skin in the summer. I havent had any problems with it turning "orange" and it lasts a long time on my face even without primer. (this powder plus my primer is the closest to a "flawless finish" look Ive ever gotten) I find the compact itself lasts a long time too...although on my 4th compact of this, I accidentally dropped it and it crumbled up. But that was my fault I guess.

Most of all, this doesnt make me break out, which is a huge thing in my extreme acne prone world. I have accidentally slept with this on several times after crashing at someones house after partying and expected a huge crop of zits the next day...but alas, no increase in breakouts.

The packaging is bulky and I hate how it takes up so much room in my purse.

Overall though, this is by far my favorite foundation (never thought itd be a powder one!) I have tried other pressed powders and other foundations and keeping coming back to this one. (Im on my 5th compact) I can see why others might not like this since there are not a lot of colors to choose from, and it doesnt cover bad skin that well.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

i like how light weight this is on your skin while still having full coverage. But with my oily skin i have to reapply a few times a day for touch ups but nothing major. The packaging quality isn't the best though, the top cover on mine always breaks off and the powder eventually crumbles over time but o well it was a decent product.

on 1/15/2010 10:49:00 AM

this powder really works at controling oil. the coverage is ok, but its not meant to cover everything. i usually use it after i conceal what needs to be concealed, then i use a face brush and dust my whole face- but i also have good results when i use a triangle make up sponge and press down all over my face- that way the coverage is a little better. i haven't noticed that it makes me break it at all- which most make ups do, and i love the matte finish!. they usually have it on sale at most drugstores so its worth a try if ur oily and acne prone like me!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Wow, I have finally found my HG winter foundation, and it's a powder. Who knew. I only tried this product because it got good reviews here, so thank you to everyone who takes time to share their experiences. First, the color-- I'm neutral-to-pink, a MAC NW20 or 25. I tried 3 shades of this product and finally got it right on the third try-- BEIGE. I thought it looked too pink in the package, but it's just right. Buff Beige was way too dark, Creamy Natural way too light. Beige evens out all my skin tone problems, covers my rosacea and little sunspots, and gives me a youthful, fresh-faced look. Seriously, I catch myself in store mirrors and think, wow, my skin looks great! And it does NOT highlight my lines or pores the way every other mineral powder I've tried does, esp. Bare Minerals. (That stuff was the worst disappointment ever.) Plus, it looks good throughout the day. I've never felt the need to retouch. My nose might get a little shiny, but I just blot it with a tissue. Everyone complains about the brush, but I actually like it. First, I use my Bare Minerals concealer brush, which was almost worth the price of the whole kit, and apply the powder to my eyelids, under my eyes, around my nose, and over all my little rosacea and sun spots. Then I use the crappy PF brush to lightly cover the rest of my face. I like that brush because it doesn't layer the powder on too thickly. I could never see using a makeup sponge or powder puff with this stuff-- it would look way too caked on. So I think the cheap little brush actually works very well. Just be careful to brush it very lightly over the surface of the powder because if you're heavy-handed it will kick up a lot of dust and you'll waste powder and make a mess. I love this stuff, thanks again reviewers!

on 12/2/2009 11:30:00 PM

My skin is very sensitive and fairly dry, so I've been avoiding setting powder like the plague. The only one I've tried before is NYC's translucent powder, which I found didn't do much for making my makeup last longer and had no coverage.

I was tempted to try this though, because it provides coverage (so might work like a powder foundation, rather than translucent), claims to be natural (talc-free and mineral), promises to make makeup last longer (which I really need), and have been compared to MAC's MSFN (which I always wanted to try but is kept away by the price).

I really liked this at first. There isn't much coverage to speak of, at least I didn't wear enough to get much coverage. It allowed me to wear a heavier (more oil-based moisturizer) during the day as the weather got colder, by keeping my face from looking like a grease ball when I go out. I wore this for a week, but started to notice sudden dryness in my skin. At first I thought it was only the colder weather, so I wore more moisturizer. My skin was still dry, eventually getting to a point when by mid-day, my cheeks felt so tight when I smiled. No moisturizer could remedy this, and the only recent addition to my routine was this powder. I cut it out, and now my skin is back to normal (knock on wood!).

So, avoid this if you've got dry/sensitive skin. Canadian girls, I got this with a blush 40% off at PharmaPlus, so keep an eye out for sales. Packaging is decent, though not terribly attractive; I don't use the little bottom compartment and tossed the brush.