Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder
Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder

4.1

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 6.0%, Zinc Oxide 4.2% Ingredients: Mica,Squalane, Silica, Boron Nitride, Lauroyl Lysine, Kaolin, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain: Iron Oxides, Ultramarines

on 12/29/2012 11:11:00 PM

Was on the hunt for a new powder and decided to grab this. Their pressed mineral wear blushes are the only blushes I can use without fear of breaking out, so I figured the powder would probably work just as well for me. I pretty much only use powder to set the concealer I randomly apply over blemishes/red marks. I'm light w/ yellow undertones, NC20 last time I checked (many moons ago). Translucent matches my winter skin pretty decently. It's a touch too light, but close enough. In the summer, I might have to search for the next shade up though.

Just like the mineral wear blushes, this little baby packs a punch and can be easily overdone if not careful and the package is a bit bulky. I always spritz my face w/witch hazel once done applying makeup (my #1 makeup tip) and it helps everything blend nicely into my skin and prevents it from looking cakey or powdery. I like to test out concealers and such on a small freckle on my hand to see how well the coverage is. And this powder almost covered it entirely all by itself. I was pretty impressed.

If I have any issues with this breaking me out, I'll be sure to update!

Good, no fuss product. Works better in the summer. Coverage is decent.
Physical sunscreen with good vitamin ingredient deck.

Not as good as the original formulation of Pur Minerals, not their new version, too many ingredients in the new one and know I will break out.

Will be trying Neutrogenia pressed mineral sheers soon.

Determined to find a good drugstore pressed mineral powder.

on 10/2/2012 1:56:00 PM

This is a great powder! It has a great coverage which you can control depending on how you apply it (I use a couple diffrerent brushes). It doesn't look cakey or dry and I have not had ANY breakout issues with this powder. My only complaint (and its kind of a big one) is the packaging! Its terrible!! First of all, the brush that comes with it is useless. Extremely stiff and strangely shaped. Next, the mirror is under the product so you constantly have to flip back and forth to apply. Lastly, I have had 3 of these break on me already. I didn't drop them or anything but all of a sudden its all cracked and loose. I'm not sure if the packaging has anything to do with this but its a pain having to constantly buy new ones. I actually started carrying it in a ziploc bag in my purse. But even with all that, I keep buying them because the powder itself is worth it!

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

overall i really do like this product. it doesn't cake or look too light or orange on me. i stay matte longer because my skin isn't clogged by the chemicals. the brush is a bit scratchy and the pan is loose in the case but those are minor issues and the product works well enough that they aren't deal breakers :)

I use this during the summer only on top of tinted moisturizer or sunscreen. There are better powders out there for sure, but this has physical only sunscreen which matches the type of my regular sunscreen.
(Don't use a physical sunscreen on top of a chemical sunscreen-it will break down the chemicals making you more susceptible to skin damage)
Once you commit to physical it ALL has to be physical.

I apply this with a powder brush-it comes out less cakey and chalky. It's not the most refined powder, but it does the trick in the summer. For winter this is too drying for me, I just use a non-sunscreen powder for winter.

Made in USA
Not tested on animals
Owned by Swander Pace-an investment company

on 8/12/2012 8:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am on my 4th one. I love this product. It actually works for me. I purchase mine for about $12 from Walmart, which i think is a little pricey but it lasts long for me before I have to purchase a new one.

My skin is very oily and acne-prone.
I put this all over my face after I apply my acne-control moisturizer. I don't use any foundation, or primer, or concealer. Just this by itself. It doesn't break me out which is what I love. The coverage is medium, it doesn't completely cover my acne, but it definitely reduces the redness.

My skin can get very oily so this product reduces shine as well (also gives a matte finish) but at the end of the day my t-zone becomes oily again.. :( That is why I gave is 4 lippies.

But, overall I like this product and I would definitely recommend it to someone who doesnt like to apply concealer or foundation but still wants a even all-over face coverage. :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This pressed powder foundation is, IMO, comparable to high-end mineral foundation; in fact, I've just recently made a permanent switch from Pur Minerals foundation to this one. I'm not a fan of loose powders, so I'm glad this is pressed. I usually use Pur Minerals pressed powder foundation, but it's a tad expensive, so after my skin tone got darker due to the warm weather and being in the sun, I needed a new pressed powder foundation, and I decided to try this stuff. It works pretty well. It covers decently and lasts a good while. My skin is pretty clear right now, so I don't have to worry about covering anything but a few skin discolorations. I would guess that it wouldn't do a very good job of completely concealing pimples or anything major like that. It does a good job evening out skin tone though. Alot of powder gets on the brush! One sweep and it gets alot of on the brush, but it's easy to blend out. The brush that it comes with doesn't do a good job of applying all over the face. I use the big flat-top kabuki that physicians formula makes and it works really well! I'd recommend this stuff to people on a budget that like mineral foundation. This color choice could be a little better, there aren't alot of options.

I was looking for a cheaper alternative to my Mac MSF face powder. This product got great reviews on beautipedia.org so I decided to give it a go. for a drugstore product, priced at approx $13 ... it is pricey, but compared to the $30 I was paying for MAC, it is a steal. I have to say I love the finish. I do not see much of a difference at all with my MAC powder. Gives a beautiful semi-matte finish and lasts a decently long time. I still blot my nose once around noon or so, but I had to do that with my old product too.

on 4/11/2012 2:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Had sort of a strange, dry matte finish and so pricey! I got it for 40% off at CVS a couple weeks ago. I've been wanting to try a Physician's Formula pressed powder for some time and finally hit a sale. Too bad it looked kind of unnatural (like a soft film of powder) AND started breaking me out! No thanks! Returned it pronto and went back to my tried and true Maybelline Dream Matte pressed powder---has a more natural finish while still being oil absorbing and about half the price.

on 2/8/2012 2:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Ok, I did Not expect to like this product. At all.
To begin, I have extremely acne prone, semi-oily skin that has big pores. I have been using Revlon Colorstay to cover my acne scarring and pimples but decided i should try somrthing a little more natural and let my skin breathe by just using a powder on the days im not going anywhere.
Love this powder. In my opinion it is even better than Jane Iredale.
PROS:
-Vey smooth, silky finish
-Not cakey looking (when blended well)
-Mostly naturally derived ingredients
-Does not aggrivate my acne prone skin
-Evens out complexion very well
CONS
-Packaging is a little odd (mirror is underneathe and is very awkward for application)
-Powder can shatter easily
-Can be a bit messy (powder will fly everywhere if you swirl a brush in it)

HOW I GET MY FLAWLESS LOOK:
-Start with moisturizer and primer
-Conceal any areas of redness/blemishes/scarring/dark circles w/liquid concealer
-Press flat top blending brush into face powder and buff it into skin in upward circular motions
-Wait 15 minutes between building up coverage

BEAUTIFUL! Will repurchase :)