Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder
Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 6.0%, Zinc Oxide 4.2% Ingredients: Mica,Squalane, Silica, Boron Nitride, Lauroyl Lysine, Kaolin, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain: Iron Oxides, Ultramarines

on 10/20/2013 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

UPDATE 2:
I sadly must report that this DID end up breaking me out :( This would have been perfect if it didnt.... 3/5
***********************************************
UPDATE:
I wore this 2 days in a row and the lasting power really is phenomenal. On day 1 I put it on at 10AM, didnt need to touch up until 3:30PM, and it looked great when I took it off at 7:30PM. Thats about 91/2 hours! Today I put it on at 6:30AM and touched up at 11:30AM, which was 5 hours of wear without needing to touch up, which is great. However, I have noticed my skin itches a little bit when I put it on and I am forming a new pimple, but I am still not sure if it was caused by this makeup. Will update when I come to a conclusion.
***********************************************
Overall Rating: 4/5
SKIN BACKGROUND: Combo/Oily, acne prone, SUPER sensitive, mild scarring and discoloration, beige skin with dominant yellow undertones.
PRICE: $15 at CVS, which is a bit pricey for the drugstore :/
COVERAGE: I use the ELF mineral powder brush with this and I get a nice medium coverage out of it. I only use concealer under my eyes and a bit on my nose and any super large blemishes I have.
FINISH: I moisturize before I use this, and when I put this on I get a satin finish and its really pretty!!! My skin has dimension but also looks flawless and healthy
TEXTURE: Its powdery but blends very well.
SPF: 16
LASTING POWER: I wore this out to a club and it did not budge one bit! I was dancing and out pretty late, too
SHADES: This is one of the downfalls. I have this in "Creamy Natural", which luckily suits me pretty well. But they do not have a very wide variety of shades
DID THIS BREAK ME OUT?: So far, so clear :)
PACKAGING: A little bulky and fragile, but I still enjoy pressed powders for the convenience of travel
WOULD I REPURCHASE?: Yes
FINAL VERDICT: I am really impressed with this. My skin has been pretty decent lately so I havent been wearing foundation, but sometimes I want something light that will give my skin a more "polished" look, evens out my skin, lasts through my day and doesnt break me out and this is it!

I bought this in sand beige for summer when I'm tan. It works great and doesn't break out my sensitive skin. I just bought the translucent shade for the upcoming winter months and it's the very hard to find 'for super sensitive skin' type. (I bought the LAST ONE) I'm excited to try it out! I will update when I begin using it.

UPDATE: I have used this for a good year, and this powder is FANTASTIC. I have hit pan fantastic. And that almost never happens, due to me being extra picky with my makeup. The coverage is impressive. It does not break my very sensitive skin out at all. Ingredients are better than most powders. This powder will give you medium full coverage without looking cakey and giving you powder face. I'm amazed it's so cheap, considering I've paid way more money for powders, and I haven't found anything that is this good. At about $10, this is a steal. Highly recommended, and considering how cheap it is, there is nothing to lose!

on 8/28/2013 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

powder foundation is my favorite type of foundation...this review is only about the one for EXTRA SENSITIVE SKIN. I buy this in beige. it is a good color match for me. It is nice and cool, somewhat ashy toned. I like that look. I wear this currently. it gives a great natural finish and has great coverage. the extra sensitive skin is much harder to find...the regular sensitive skin, gives me a reaction and drys my skin out.

i have always believed that if the quality of the minerals or the powder isnt so great than buy in a compact. if it is bare minerals, i always like it loose. i think the packaging is too bulky and reminds me of a ufo. dont care for it.

you can use this pretty liberally compared to bare minerals. nice creamy consistency. i now can't wait to try Jane iredale

on 7/4/2013 8:07:00 PM

I really love this product! I wanted to switch from liquid to powder foundation most days because I have oily skin and powder foundation is just easier and quicker to apply, and this was my first powder foundation ever. It has good coverage for a powder, applies easily, melts into my skin nicely, keeps my skin matte (except for my nose, but that happens no matter what I do), and doesn't break me out.

HOWEVER, the packaging really sucks. It's bulky and the actual powder part is tiny. I've already hit pan and I only bought the product in mid-May. It only took me a month and a half to hit pan, which is kind of ridiculous. It comes with a crappy little brush which I think is useless. They should get rid of it and add more product to the pan. Also, it's $20 in Canada, which is really expensive for a drugstore product that I go through so quickly. I would repurchase this though because the product itself is really great. I've been using it almost every day since I bought it.

In terms of staying power, I can last a 9-5 workday without reapplication, but if I were to go out after work or something, I'd need to touch up.

on 6/12/2013 11:51:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This looks chalky and powdery and feels dry on my skin. I do not like it and stopped using it.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This powder is really amazing. I have used many different mineral powders and they always look pretty good initially, but with my oily skin by midday it looks oily and/ or cakey. Not with this one. I wear it on its own with MUFE full coverage concealer, and it's something magical. No cakiness, and the powder somehow melts into your face and blends in with your natural oils but still keeps good coverage. I wear translucent because I have light skin with neutral/ yellow undertones, and that one was the closest color for me. An amazing product. Not sure how it functions over foundation, but if you have sensitive acne prone skin, I highly recommend this with just a good concealer to let your skin breathe. Will repurchase again and again!

on 4/29/2013 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I have this product in Creamy Natural and I'm about an NC20-25. This is a very high quality, talc-free mineral pressed powder. I usually use it to set my makeup, and it lasts the entire work day without budging.

A great drugstore find, although it's pretty pricey here in Canada (about $20). I tend to buy this across the border or when it's on sale.

I absolutely loathe the packaging-it's bulky and looks terrible. The brush it comes with is rough and sheds like crazy-I tossed it. I also hate how if you take it with you to touch up, you have to flip back and forth between the mirror and powder.

Despite that, between the low price point and excellent quality of the product it's a rebuy for sure (I have a backup waiting for me already!)

on 4/16/2013 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I used this for a while as my foundation because it has more coverage than most ds mineral powders. I loved that about it and the ease of a solid compact powder vs the mess of a loose one.

But over time I realized this did not do my mid 40's dry skin any favors. Nothing like catching yourself in a rear view mirror for a little makeup reality check huh girls?!:)

I'd have loved it when I was younger though I am more yellow toned and this runs pink, a little bronzer sorted that out when I did use it. All in a all a good product that just wasn't suited for me

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really love this powder. I have very oily and acne prone skin. I bought this powder in the mineral kit in light found at walmart for about $20 and I decided to try it out. The mineral kit comes with a mineral wear face powder, mineral blush, and a finishing veil (which I absolutely love). The mineral powder I got was in creamy natural. It is a bit pinkish in undertone but it is pretty light so I just lightly sweep it over my T-zone. I have a yellow undertone (NC20-25) The coverage is buildable from light to medium. I tend to just use this to set my makeup especially if I need a little bit more coverage. I highly recommend for those oily skinned girls. I am tempted to try the translucent colors but looking at the other reviews, it tends to be for the lighter skinned girls. I usually get super oily within two hours without setting my makeup with a powder but this helps my face stay matte for about 6 hours!!! LOVE IT, ULTA and CVS was doing a 40% sale recently. I am not sure if it is still going on. I will definitely repurchase when I am out of powder :D

on 4/6/2013 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am NOT a fan of powder foundation. but this is probably the most velvety soft feel powder foundation i've felt.. with exception of the mac studio fix powder foundation..
UNFORTUNATELY I purchased a shade too dark , FOR REFERENCE, I am an NC30 and I got the BEIGE. Beige will suit NC40 Skin tone.. it looked incredible muddy on my face i had to wipe it off!! but the coverage was MEDIUM. not fuLL.
i HAVE moderate acne scarring and I need a Full coverage foundation. I am not a concealer type of girl.. I want 1 product that will do it all!!!

I compared the classic beige to the beige and the classic looked as if it had pink undertones.. and the Beige looked more yellow.. It appears MUCH darker on the face then if u swatch it on ur hand... So beware!! Buy from somewhere with a return policy like CVS or ULTA.

qUALITY of packaging is ok.. but Bulky and round. they need to renovate the classic look and maybe turn it into a square packaging.