MAC Cosmetics Pro Longwear Fluidline Gel Liner - Blacktrack

MAC Cosmetics Pro Longwear Fluidline Gel Liner - Blacktrack

4.4

Isododecane, cyclopentasiloxane, polytheylene, trimethylsiloxysilicate, disteardimonium hectorite, propylene carbonate, tocopheryl acetate, retinyl palmitate, lecithin, caprylyl glycol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, hydrogenated polyisobutene, phenyl trimethicone, ceramide 2, hexylene glycol, barium sulfate, BHT, phenoxyethanol [ /- mica, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (Cl 77491), iron oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499), bismuth oxychloride (Cl 77163), blue 1 lake (Cl 42090), carmine (Cl 75470), chromium hydroxide green (Cl 77289), chromium oxide greens (Cl 77288), ferric ferrocyanide (Cl 77510), manganese violet (Cl 77742), ultramarines (Cl 77007), yellow 5 lake (Cl 19140)]

on 1/4/2016 6:40:00 AM

I think the blacker the liner, the better! This is possibly not the blackest gel liner I've ever used. I have really oily lids and without primer, this transfer pretty badly (learnt my lesson the first time) but with the UD primer, it stays put for longer but if I wear it for the whole day until I go to bed, it will smudge and transfer. You shouldn't touch it either, cos it transfer too. I've had no issues with it rubbing off but the smearing it bad if you're not cautious. I set it with the UD Blackout eyeshadow sometimes and I think that works better. Still not my favourite but it's ok. Wouldn't recommend it for the price. There's better gel liners out there guyss ahem NYX ahem Bobbi Brown ahem ABH

on 12/22/2015 6:34:00 PM

Okay so I thought this would be brilliant but honestly I was only judging because of the label which was stupid of me. I bought this product around a year ago or probably longer. I used it for a while and then stopped using it because I found a favourite in the stila liquid liner but then that dried out and I had nothing so I went back to this.

First of all, I can easily say it's a good liner, the black is lovely and for me glides on lovely and hasn't dried out and I've used a good half of the pot. I now use it everyday for my makeup for college. I also have oily eyelids, which means I have to use Urban Decays Primer Potion, (which is brilliant and is much better than the Benefit Stay Don't Stray primer). Although even with the primer on and setting it with a shadow, with or without it still transfers on my upper lid really badly, I have to constantly rub at it in college so I don't look like a pleb. It also runs off very easily since I do a wing everyday and that rubs off. It smudges everywhere and this may be because I have oily eyelids but even with a primer it still smudges. Cannot trust it at all, do not recommend if you're like me and experience bad smudging.

Apparently the Bobbi Brown one is good so I'll try that one soon:)

Got this in a holiday set w a black kohl pencil (Smolder) & Extreme mascara...I love this set! All 3 products are stellar (I used to be known as "'THE' mac girl" at the local counter by 1 of the male MA's til I started ordering online when I couldn't walk well enough to go much into the Mall anymore!). This is just as opaquely black matte as my Inglot 77 but the formula is easier to work with coz Inglot dries super fast), I count this & Inglot as my best gel eyeliners I own but MAC is more expensive. I find it to be actually a richer color than Inglot & other than the price there's nothing bad I can say about it. I've not tried a lot of HE gels/cremes (Clinique/EL are the others I've tried the rest are DS options which ELF & Essence are the best DS 1s I've tried). The formulas vary so wildly between different brands so it's really all what works 4u I just really love this formula. It has excellent staying power even have extreme oily skin & oh I am using an elcheapo brush (ELF bent angle) w this $$$ product IKR weird lol but I blew all the ca$h on the products & nothing left over for the brushes haha but I've got some brushes on order from MAC luckily! This makes the best wings.

on 12/5/2015 12:13:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I purchased this product as it seemed to have a cult following online. At first it was the best thing ever- pigmented, smooth, creamy and easy to apply- but ended up drying out before I could use very much of the pot despite the fact that I always screwed the lid shut after use. I tried to salvage it by scraping the top layer off but that did not work. I also tried a few tips that I read online (such as warming it with a hair dryer) but none of them worked. I wish that MAC would sell this product in a smaller size if it only has a shelf life of a few months since it is wasteful to have to throw most of it out.

on 11/20/2015 12:16:00 AM

Product is not smudge proof or water resistant like it claims to be. Rubs off almost immediately if your eye tears. I do not recommend and will be returning mines asap!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I'll start by writing that I have EXTREMELY oily eyelids and Urban Decay's 24/7 glide-on pencil was a hot mess (both the cult-fave perversion and it's oily-skin formulated cousin, black velvet). After applying, this thing DID NOT BUDGE. It was beautiful. My eyeliner looked like it was freshly applied the entire day!

I still returned it though, after considering that MAC TESTS ON ANIMALS.

In this day and age, there's NO REASON to test cosmetics on lab animals. It's just unexcusable and so back to Macy's it went. I'm sort of saddened, but honestly, NYX's Noir Liquid ($6) is just as good, but in liquid form and with a brush that's a teeny bit too thin. But it's cruelty-free and what I'll prob end up keeping.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This was really great at first. Not as black as I was expecting, but I did like it pretty well. Formula went on smoothly and was budge-proof. However, the pot dried out so fast and the product became clumpy. If the pigment was as rich as I was hoping, and was a dark pitch black, I could deal with the dryness. But for such a meh color payout in the first place, I wouldn't repurchase this.

on 8/19/2015 2:35:00 AM

The colour is very black, but it's very difficult to use, as it clumps incredibly easily, and is so dry. Professionals may be able to use it, but even though I've been wearing makeup for years I just cannot get used to this horrid little clay pot!

not too black, more of deepest gray. have to go several layers to get a true black line.

atleast it doesnt smudge, stays well and quick to dry.

have to return it. i need something of a real black black.

on 6/30/2015 12:16:00 PM

It dries too fast, if I want to do some complicated flick I have to clean the brush again and again because it is rock hard from the gel drying on it. Staying power is very good. Color-wise it isn't the blackest black, it looks kind of greyish. It has a matte finish which I like, you can hide glue marks on false eyelashes beautifully because it is so matte. I wouldn't purchase it again just because I found my HG eyeliner, it's number 77 from Inglot (which is amazing). All in all it is a good product, could be better though!