MAC Cosmetics Pro Longwear Fluidline Gel Liner - Blacktrack

MAC Cosmetics Pro Longwear Fluidline Gel Liner - Blacktrack

4.4

Isododecane, cyclopentasiloxane, polytheylene, trimethylsiloxysilicate, disteardimonium hectorite, propylene carbonate, tocopheryl acetate, retinyl palmitate, lecithin, caprylyl glycol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, hydrogenated polyisobutene, phenyl trimethicone, ceramide 2, hexylene glycol, barium sulfate, BHT, phenoxyethanol [ /- mica, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (Cl 77491), iron oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499), bismuth oxychloride (Cl 77163), blue 1 lake (Cl 42090), carmine (Cl 75470), chromium hydroxide green (Cl 77289), chromium oxide greens (Cl 77288), ferric ferrocyanide (Cl 77510), manganese violet (Cl 77742), ultramarines (Cl 77007), yellow 5 lake (Cl 19140)]

on 4/4/2016 3:49:00 AM

Everyone is talking about this MAC liner, should be THE eyeliner.
Well, I bought it and I was disappointed. It should be the blackest black, but I don't find it is so pigmented, I always had to draw a few lines to get the flawless black liner. When you pay 20$ for a famous brand product, you want to apply it easy and have a high-pigmented liner.
This is not the case, as I said.
Also, I don't think it lasts so long - after 6 hours, the colour faded and sometimes it smudges.

After a few uses, the formula got thicker and I couldn't just use it good.

I would not rebuy it and also woulnd't recommend it.
I think that Inglot's AMC Gel Liner is THE BEST.

on 4/4/2016 1:53:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have re-purchased this product a couple of times. It lasts for ages and is highly pigmented. I am someone who hates leaving the house not wearing any eyeliner, so I use it frequently. Really love this product and shall keep re-purchasing. The price is justified because this will last you for months!!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

It's far to matte in my opinion, wasn't a striking enough black for my liking. Otherwise it's not bad I suppose.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

There's a reason why this product has thousands of reviews with such a high repurchase percentage: it's amazing. 'Nuff said. :)

I currently have this in Blacktrack and Macroviolet, and will most likely stick to those two colors for the most part. Honestly, I love most of M.A.C.'s products, but this is top of their line in my opinion. It's worth all the hype and then some. It's super creamy and glides on easily, it's highly pigmented without looking freakish, and is super adjustable (especially with the right brush and technique), so it's buildable and looks great whether the liner is made to look thick or thin.

With regular liquid pens, you're at the mercy of the width of the pen. But with this gel liner you have the freedom to create the exact style you want, depending upon your mood. I've even semi-blended the macroviolet into purple shadow so that it had this really cool ombre style effect.

Overall, this product is leaps and bounds ahead of all the other brands, and is worth the $$$. How they do it, I honestly don't know, but let's just hope they don't go changing the formula on us like a lot of companies have a tendency to do.

on 3/1/2016 8:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love how creamy this gel eyeliner is! The shade isn't a highly pigmented black, but more of a soft black color. I use this when I want to do a smokey eye look. It takes a bit more time to dry compared to Maybelline's and Bobbi Brown's, but once it dries, it stays put. I only found slight smudging on my lower eye area because I tend to get teary around there. That's why it's 4 lippies for me and I would repurchase this again!

on 2/27/2016 10:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

this is my first Gel Liner. So I haven't tried other brands of gel liners like bobbi brown or Maybelline. It is a good gel liner overall. It dries really quickly when placed on the lids; with that being said the product in the pan also dries quickly so just be careful about that. I do wish It gave more black color. I really had to pack it on to get a matte black color when doing my wing line on my eyes, to make my wing liner more intense I have to put another liquid pen on top of this.

on 2/22/2016 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

The only flaw I find in Blacktrack is the colour that's not nearly as deep dark black as I hoped - the now discontinued Essence gel liner was MUCH more intense in colour but has started clumping after 3.5 years of use (fair enough)

Other than that consistency is wonderfully creamy, glides on very easily and stays put. I solve the intensity problem by lining the lids with a black pencil first but will try the one from Inglot next.

on 2/16/2016 10:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I used this for quite a few years thinking in my head that it was the best liner out there. But it has a few cons, first off, I have deep set eyes and this will always end up transferring a bit if I don't leave my eyes closed while it's drying, and well usually that's just not possible. It can also dry out if your not very careful to replace the lid immediately after every use. And also, if I want to use it everday I have to clean the brush out every time.

I do like the consistancy and how easily it applies with a thin angled brush. I like the intensity, and when I'm doing makeup on someone else I prefer this because you can take a little bit out of the jar with a spatula, so you don't contaminate the product.

However, for personal use I prefer a quick drying, waterproof liquid liner in a pen, or applied with a tiny brush and easily rinsed off.

on 2/13/2016 2:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This product is not worth my money, after very few hours there will be a faint black mark on my lids because it smudges even with eye primer on. Also the colour is more of a soft black not jetblack colour which is pretty disappointing. The only reason why i gave this 2 stars is because it applies really smooth on my lids and theyre extremely creamy. Overall, save your money and get maybelline gel liner instead, way cheaper and better quality.

on 1/12/2016 6:03:00 PM

I purchased this after seeing it had such a cult following. To be honest, I was thinking surely it can't be that fantastic- its just a black liner.

When I first tried this I was in love, and a year later I still am! It glides on soooooo smoothly. Extremely easy to create the perfect wing! You're able to create a thin line with ease or create a thicker more bold line with a simple stroke/different brush!

I personally prefer gel over liquid liners, I think this would be great for beginners as the formula applies so smoothly, it is easy to keep consistency when lining the eyes. No panda eyes or playing matchy matchy!

I'm in Aus so it's $32 AUD, worth it. I use this daily religously. After a year, still hasn't dried out and there is a hell of a lot in there!!!

FYI I only use this pot on myself, i always disinfect and clean my eyebrushes after each use so I think the pot is still safe after a year lol..