Neutrogena MicroMist Tanning (Medium 2 shades darker)

Neutrogena MicroMist Tanning (Medium 2 shades darker)

3.1

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I like this tanner. It dries fast and the color appears on the skin fast. It doesn't clog pores and you can spray it in any direction you like. It doesn't stink but the scent is a bit strong. My skin color is similar to Rosario Dawson and I use it to give my skin a bronzed look, and even skin color. I use deep.

on 4/7/2009 5:52:00 PM

Despite reading the poor reviews here, I picked this up on sale at my local walgreens because they didn't carry the kind of tanner I wanted to try... I exfoliated well in the shower, dried off, and then sprayed it on... I didn't notice any color that night (did it at about 4 PM), but when I woke up in the morning I had BRIGHT ORANGE SPOTS. Ick.

I returned it for a full-refund this afternoon.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have used MANY self tanners before and this has to be one of my favorites. It's easy to use and leaves me a nice golden color (I use Deep). I never get streaking with this product either. The only negative is the smell...its not the greatest smell but you can cover it up with lotion. A higher brand self tanner I recommend is by Estee Lauder.

on 12/18/2008 7:32:00 AM

I"m not sold on this, but since my Walmart stopped carring my true self tanner love for the winter I had to try this one. I prefer the spray in the winter b/c I'm lazy and want to get color fast and want it to dry fast so I can get dressed fast. This leaves streaks, don't really care for the color, looks orangy and don't like the smell, I can still smell it next day.

on 11/19/2008 11:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have tried self tanners from junior high on up (I am in my second year of law school). This one is a winner (FINALLY!!!). I do NOT use it on my face, I fake that tan with bronzer, since my acne creams would just fade the color as quickly as it went on. The tip is to really exfoliate (I use a scrub and a mitt), then shave.

When you get out of the shower, use an unscented semi-thick lotion on elbows, ankles, knees, and nail beds (although this product does not stain nail beds like other products). I then stand in the shower on an old towel, and happily spray away with the curtain closed. There is little chemical smell, and I just apply a light coat, so I am not choking on aersol fumes.

I hop out, wash my hands, walk around naked for about 5 mins, and then put on pjs (I always do this Monday nights). Just for reference, for special events I will do twice a week (Monday, and then Friday night before event).

Daily I use the l'oreal sublime glow lotion, and I have a natural, lightly
tanned color that isn't orange.

I have pure white sheets and very white towels, and I have yet to see rub off on these. BF does not notice scent, and after shower the next morning, any hint of that light selftanner giveaway is gone.

Really a quality product that keeps me from looking deathly ill in the winter. I do not use enough to look like I am from the tropics (which is where I think most people get their orangy Oompa Loompa look). Be happy with some color that doesn't flake off, and evenly fades! :-D

I am not a fan of at home spray tans, but after a friend recommended this product I tried it.

It made me really streaky and orange. Also I stained everything while using it. I still have it at home and only use it after I have sun-tanned to keep my tan longer. If I am pale, the color is too fake.

Really not worth it, at least not for me. Now my friend has a fabulous color.. so either it works great for her or she is lying.

on 9/16/2008 12:10:00 AM

I'll definitely repurchase this, again and again.
I actually have this in DEEP, 3 Shades Darker, and I'm not fair, but I'm far from tanned, and the deep shade has worked very, very well for me -- it doesn't get exactly 3 shades darker per se, unless you spray it repeatedly over the hours, until you reach the desired tone. I sprayed twice very lightly on my legs--the tip is to RUB IT IN!--and I've reached exactly the shade I wanted. It looks incredibly natural; no streaks, no orange hands or legs and most of all, no hassels!!

This is the first spray-tanner I've used, and I can't believe I've never discovered these before I did the lotion forms. Compared to lotions, Micromist is SO much easier to apply, offers natural-looking, lovely tans. I'm not sure of the lasting power, as I've just applied it this morning and haven't showered in it yet. If it DOES last through a shower, without a doubt, this will be my HG self-tanner of all time.

Horrible streaking & impossible to apply in a consistent manner. I'm returning it this afternoon.

on 8/21/2008 9:46:00 AM

Streaky--impossible to apply without long white strips somewhere on legs. Just an awful product.

... Wow.. I thought I'd use a self tanner for convenience, as it's suposed to be faster than lotion tanners...

I got the streakiest applicatione ever, and my legs are ORANGE. WILL NOT BUY AGAIN.