Neutrogena MicroMist Tanning (Medium 2 shades darker)

Neutrogena MicroMist Tanning (Medium 2 shades darker)

3.1

Out of all the tanning products I have tried, this is probably the best one which is a shame because I really thought this one was gonna work. (I've tried worse tanning products) I bought the Deep 3 shades darker. I applied it myself and it was pretty easy but the tan was not good. My neck got REALLY orange and it wouldn't come off. Everywhere else it came off in a couple days. It's also really smelly. Like a girl below said... my boyfriend was also not very fond of my "smell" but then again every tanning product has the same smell. But yea I would not recommend this, its not worth the 2 or 3 days that it lasts.

on 8/6/2009 11:02:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I have tried Jurgen's and Olay which totally did nothing for me. Saw this at the new Target store and thought I'd try it...what have I got to loose except nine buckaroos?

This is a winner! Okay, so right now it's not the easiest to apply, I did one spot a bit too dark but overall I love it! I use it twice a week and it has been great! I used to be so embarrassed about my pale legs but now no worries with my nice "tan"!

on 8/1/2009 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

The color is ok but it is really hard to apply. It's pretty dark and I prefer to build a little color every day so it is even.

on 7/16/2009 11:52:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I actually use this in 3 shades darker. I am quite fair and spray it on 2-3 times a week throughout the summer. It has taken some time to learn how to apply it without being blotchy, but I got it now!

Honestly, if you just apply 2 coats, allowing the first one to dry completely, you shouldn't have a problem with streaking or splotching. Just exfoliate really well and shave, dry COMPLETELY, apply first coat, making sure that there aren't any drips, allow it to dry and apply the second coat.

The smell is not exactly alluring. It stinks. I apply it at night and then hop in the shower in the morning to rinse off and that helps a great deal.

Of course, as with all sunless tanning products, make sure you keep your skin well moisturized to maintain the effect for as long as possible. When your skin sloughs off, so does your tan.

on 6/29/2009 8:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I don't understand why the bad reviews??? I have been using this product for the past 3 years and I don't have problems with smell, streaks, or color. I have fairly light skin and just a quick spray on my face (every other day) gives me a beautiful color!! It comes off evenly also. I have tried expensive self tanners and I always end up going back to this one....

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

After a week of nothing but clouds and rain in my area, I figured I'd resort to a self tanner. I let my roomate spray me, I fell asleep in hopes of waking up sunkissed & gorgeous. Well, the top half of me looked great, but I had STRIPES on my pale legs and I smelled like shit. My boyfriend at the time wouldn't even hug me it smelled so bad. Well, the tan only lasted a few days before it began to PEEL. It was so disgusting. I will never buy a spray tan again, EVER.

I haven't used self tanner in years, but being that I'm in Chicago and I never seem to see the sun, I figured what the hell? I like this product. I probably have to try it again to get the technique down, but the color is subtle and not overly dark, which is good. After all, I can't go from glow in the dark white to bright bronze overnight!!! I would repurchase! It doesn't smell great, but after a shower the following day, you can't smell that fake tanner smell anymore. Give it a try!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I like this. I bought it after a friend recommended it and even though I am extremely white I bought the medium shade. I don't think Neutrogena even makes a light shade in this. It goes on well without streaking (no rubbing required) unless you obviously mess up and then just blend it in with your hand. The color is pretty natural. The smell is typical self tanner smell... yuck. The good news is this dries fast so I just use it at night then shower in the morning. 2 coats gives me a good shade. Lasts decently long. Will probably repurchase except I want to try the new Jergens mousse kind.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This stuff is actually not that bad on fair skin. ONLY thing is you do have to rub it in around those hard to reach places. When i finally got color it looked GOOD but when i turned around, behind my legs were streaky because i was flipping to try to get around them so... RECOMMEND YOU TO RUB IT IN! Plus, like they do in the Tanning Salons, put extra moisturizing cream around knuckles, wrists, fingers, knees, elbows, in between toes, ankles.... and any other dry places you got that you want to tan....

i will try this again by rubbing it in and i'm sure it will look great

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This stuff smells so terrible, and I barely noticed any color. It also made my face have a few pimples/blackeads which is weird since I don't have oily/acne-prone skin and neutrogena is supposed to be non-comedogenic. I was very disappointed.