Neutrogena MicroMist Tanning (Medium 2 shades darker)

Neutrogena MicroMist Tanning (Medium 2 shades darker)

3.1

on 5/12/2010 9:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

No streaks...but..there is hardly any color..even after using half the damn can..sigh..

I've been using Self tanner for 12 years now..and I clearly remember using this around 2005, and the 3 shades darker showed up..THIS one (2 shades darker--and ONLY because Target was out of the 3 shades darker), did hardly show up at ALL. I LOVE bannana boat..the only thing with that self tanner, is that it fades very unevenly, and the color only lasts about 3 days..so I wanted to re-visit the micromist..and omg..not too bad, but not good enough.

I must say--the very best I've tried to this day was Savage Bronze..sigh...that one should've never been discontinued. :(

Loreal Sublime works pretty good, so I advise using that instead of this if you are going to buy any drugstore self tanners. I'm not into "build a tan" products like Jergans, or any other ones--because I'm one of those kinds of people who when I want to look darker, I want to look DARK. I don't have the patience to wait 3-5 days for a color to "show up"...to me that is wasting more money since you have to use up the whole tube of self tanner daily just to "see" a color even get darker. I want to see DARK.

Other ones that failed me was Toma's Tanperfect...color was NICE until I took a shower---this was like 10 years ago when I used that one--and no color at all once the beautiful "deceiving" color guard washed off. >:(

Another bad self tanner is FAKE BAKE...again--LOVELY color guard--but no color once I took a shower the next day..however, I just use that one for a "temperary tan"..when I want something for "one day"--like Loreal sublime -"One day tan" lotion.

Here is my recomendations for the best self tanners out there:

Savage Bronze--(IF you can stil find it somewhere out there)..lasts up to 7 days,,even 8 on me, and color guard is brown and dark, drys fast, and fades easy (and was easy to scrub off in the shower when exfoliating).

SunLabs: Also known as "Sun"...in a white can, or big white squarish-bottle (lotion)..color guard is BROWN, smells NICE, and LASTS.

Sally Hanson Airbrushed for body: This self tanner can be a hit or miss..however, I don't have any darn CVS stores close to me out here >:(...so I have to always order it online...but there is mixed reviews on that one--however, I loved the way it looked on ME. ;)

Loreal Sublime---although their "gelee" lotions seem too greasy after applying it...unless you have time to walk around your house naked for at least an hour...this one does work pretty well. But the other ones are also very good, again I ONLY get the darkest ones. I cannot stand light/medium shades..take too long to develop.

Bannaboat--Excellent BROWN color--however...this one won't last as long--unless you scrub your body every 3 days and reapply..but by no mistake--this one is probably the BEST cheapest self tanner out there..(if you have the patience to keep reapplying and scrubbing).

Sunlabs is excellent..a bit on the pricey side--but you can find good deals on ebay.

If i do get a few streaks here and there, I usually always use Salley Hanson airbrushed legs in DEEP glow, or AeroTan (the BEST temperary tan in a can EVER)!!

But overall, the mist worked well..just didn't hardly notice any "color"..sigh...this is why I ALWAYS buy my self tanners in "Dark", or "DEEP"...there is no point to using a self tanner if you cannot "see" any color.

wont repurchase

EDIT_________ Sigh...applied it again..and STILL no color...this is too light for me...I actually ordered Sally Hansen online-and because i havnt actually USED it in years...I LOVE that one!! DARK color, and a golden bronze, and even showed up on me in less then 4 hours!! A+++ to Sally Hansen!!!!!!!!!!! Cant believe I went without that one for a long time!!

on 5/3/2010 5:04:00 PM

I do love the instant result that I got...but..the bottle said someting about no rubbing application, which I totally disagree. After the first night of using this product, I was darker but had patches and stripes. I did not like it, so my husband re-sprayed me and while doing so, I rubbed it on my skin to even it out. The next day, I looked so orange! OMG!!! I did not look "tanned" instead ORANGE! especially my feet! Later on that day we played water balloon fight and when I got hit with the balloon, my skin turned bright orange! It did not look "natural" and it appeared to be running (like how ur mascara runs). So I started rubbing it so it wouldn't look sooo bad but it didn't work. So I just ignored it, knowing that it will eventually come off after a couple days. It was an awful color! After a few days the orange-ness washed off and finally I looked tanned. Overall I did not like the outcome of this product but I do like getting the results right away. I will not buy again because it made me look orange!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I liked the idea of the spray bottle, but I don't feel that it gets evenly distributed. Also it doesn't make me look very dark at all and makes my skin look dry after I use it. I much prefer the regular Jergen's and Jergen's express daily glow moisturizer since it gives the same or more colour but is actually better for my skin because of the lotion in it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this yesterday and applied it after I exfoliated in the shower. When I woke up this morning I had a really nice glow and no streaks as far as I can see. I highly prefer it to any lotion products I've tried.

Be warned, this stuff doesn't smell too awesome. I actually had to shower again in the morning because I didn't want to smell it all day long.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product turned me orange. More orange than I have ever been before, even when I used a family dollar self tanning lotion. I do not recommend this product to anyone. I much prefer banana boat products especially the summer color lotion in fair/medium. That is my HG.

on 1/30/2010 9:55:00 PM

Love this product. It has serioulsy kept me out of the sun and tanning salons - I know I should reagrdless, but craved that bronze glow. Anyhow, you have to keep the bottle atleast 12 inches away and I usually do two coats to get the desired color (for my vegas trip, I used it everday for about 5 days before my trip) I have probably purchased this prodcut 5 or 6 times in the past year and will continue to do so as long as it is available. I have tried the "level 3" product with less than desired results. It was just the wrong color for me. So I suggest trying the different shades to find out which one works for you.

on 12/3/2009 9:14:00 PM

Love this stuff. It's so easy to use and the tan looks so natural. I cannot give it a full 5 lippie because I find out I have to rub it in with my hands. That's the only way I get a perfect coverage. It beats having to squeeze self-tanning stuff into my palm and rubbing it in that could turn my palm orange (I don't believe in the rubber glove application method, it's simply too troublesome). It takes me 10 seconds to quickly rub this spray-on stuff in and quickly rinse them off, no orange palm!

on 9/24/2009 11:40:00 AM

I'm a striped orange zebra. And I smell of nasty chemicals. That's going to go over well at work.

The first time I used this, my boyfriend sprayed it all over me. It didn't show up at all.

I tried using it on myself last night, and I woke up with striped orange legs. After trying to scrub it off in the shower and failing, I dabbed on the formula in the glaring white spots. Hopefully that helps.

The spray idea is cute and all, but impractical because you can't see what areas you've covered. Stick with Dove Energy Glow.

on 9/21/2009 10:17:00 PM

When I used this, it seemed as though everyone knew it was fake tanning product on my skin. It was embarrassing and of course I had to admit that it was. It takes forever to dry, and the smell isn't the best smell out there.. even though my boyfriend did like it, he wasn't too attracted to the orange-ness of it. I like it anyway, just because I prefer the self tanning spray instead of lotion. It's worth giving it a try, and I'd recommend it to most people.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought shade 3 and didn't like it at all. made me sticky and it made me ORANGE!! it was a waste of money in my eyes