NARS Cosmetics Velvet Matte Lip Pencil - Dragon Girl

NARS Cosmetics Velvet Matte Lip Pencil - Dragon Girl
Enter TitleVelvet Matte Lip Pencil - Dragon GirlVelvet Matte Lip Pencil - Dragon GirlVelvet Matte Lip Pencil - Dragon GirlNars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Dragon Girl

4.6

c12 13 Alkyl Ethylhexanoate, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifera Wax), Polyethylene, Cyclomethicone, Phenyltrimethicone, Silica, Dimethicone, Sucrose Acetate Isobutyate, Hydrogenated Coco Glycerides, Di Calcium Phosphate, Quaternium 18 Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Aroma (Flavor), Lecithin, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Citric Acid, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 30 (CI 73360), Yellow 10 Lake (CI 47005), Red 6, Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Carmine (CI 75470), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163)

on 5/14/2010 10:56:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This is a truly stunning colour and I love the soft texture - however, like some reviewers below, I wish this were a lipstick rather than a pencil. It wears down quickly and doesn't fit into most normal cosmetic sharpeners, meaning I had to buy a NARS one :). For these reasons i had to take a lippie off, but I must reiterate the colour is amazing. I also have Cruella in the same range, and it too is beautiful.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I tried this lip pencil in Sephora and my sister commented on how good it looked on me. By the way, my sister hardly compliments me on my makeup. So, I knew I had to buy it right away.

I love the texture of the lip pencil, very creamy. It glides on easily and only a little is required for the pigment to show on my lips. Even though it looks intimidating at first, it is rather sheer and soft.

I have a fair-to-medium asian skin tone and so far this is the most flattering shade of red I had ever tried. It's not too drying or too pigmented.

It is pricey at $24 but I think this is a good investment.
Very convenient and easier to apply compared to normal lipstick.

on 2/25/2010 9:25:00 PM

This is the most flattering red I've ever used. With out fail it always brightens me up, which I love. Its basically a matt blue based red lip colour and it easily blends. I hope this never gets discontinued!

on 10/2/2009 9:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

This color is gorgeous. The guy at Sephora recommended it and at first i didn't trust him but it's a beautiful red. However, i have to return it because i wish it were a regular lipstick tube. It costs $20 and it seems like it wears down faster. I'll stick to Mac Ruby Woo.

I'm giving it 4 starts only because it should be a lipstick.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I just picked this up from Nordstroms and OMG.. I LOVE THIS RED! I wear alot of classic reds and at first I thought it was going to be too bright but then I decided to try it for the heck of it.. WOW.. its perfect on my tan skin! Its not pink.. and looks like a true cherry red on me.

I tried this on this morning and I have had a burger, soda, cupcake and a salad.. and it hasnt budged! It dosent dry my lips out and im lovin it!

on 6/23/2009 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

Amazing texture. it's a nice matte that doesnt feel drying at all. staying power is great. the color is very pigmented, one light stroke already gives amazing color pay off
i really love these pencils, the formula is genius.

on 6/7/2009 1:32:00 PM

This is my all time favourite red lipstick. Beautiful texture, stays put for hours and is a real show stopper, especially if you have a decent lip size. Not for shrinking voilets but if you want to wow this is a winner. Go get!

Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in "Dragon girl" is a vibrant, blue based red lip color in the form of a pencil/crayon, which leaves a smooth and very pigmented finish! Since the texture is quite dry and very matte, I recommend exfoliating and moisturizing lips well before applying (but really...that goes for any lipcolor in any shape or form). I would also recommend applying the product on top of a non-greasy base (meaning - not DIRECTLY applied on top of lip balm, vaseline etc) for maximum staying power. If used with a thin layer of (e.g. mattifying) powder as a base/regular lip primer, it applies evenly and stays put with no smudging for hours! The texture is what I would call "non-creamy" but the product applies just as well as a regular creamy lipstick, it is non-drying on the lips and has a unique velvety matte finish which looks absolutely flawless after just one application. Also, this color is just as pigmented as any given Nars or MAC lipstick out there

I find that the deep, vibrant red color is flattering for all skin tones and I personally (olive skin tone) find this color easier to pull off than the warmer, orange-based red color of the Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in "Red Square". Definitely my favorite red lip color along with MAC's Lady Danger (closer to the color of "Red Square" but a creamy lipstick and much brighter!) and Ruby Woo - and I think all three products are must-haves for any fan of red lipstick!

on 3/15/2009 6:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I found love with this stunning lip pencil. Dragon Girl is a gorgeous blue based, vivid red lipstick pencil. I am so happy that i read the reviews here at MUA and decided to try Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencils. Dragon Girl is my absolute favorite of all the 17 colors. Dragon Girl is a more improved,sophisticated version of Mac's Ruby Woo. Dragon Girl is currently my HG red lipstick. I will continue to buy this chubby little wonder!!!!

I love the texture and the finish of Nars Velvet pencils: matte, non-drying and really long-lasting but if you have Ruby Woo you don't need Dragon Girl. I prefer DG over RW b/c I find it more easy to apply and if I have to rec only one, I'll rec DG.
On me (NW20, brown hair, green eyes) DG is a flattering cherry red (very cool). I like the pinky undertone (RW is a vivid true red on me), that's why I don't regret my purchase!