NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil - Dragon Girl

NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil - Dragon Girl
Enter TitleVelvet Matte Lip Pencil - Dragon GirlVelvet Matte Lip Pencil - Dragon GirlNars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Dragon Girl

4.6

c12 13 Alkyl Ethylhexanoate, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifera Wax), Polyethylene, Cyclomethicone, Phenyltrimethicone, Silica, Dimethicone, Sucrose Acetate Isobutyate, Hydrogenated Coco Glycerides, Di Calcium Phosphate, Quaternium 18 Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Aroma (Flavor), Lecithin, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Citric Acid, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 30 (CI 73360), Yellow 10 Lake (CI 47005), Red 6, Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Carmine (CI 75470), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163)

on 3/20/2014 8:22:00 AM

Everytime I wear this I get several compliments with everyone always asking me what I've got on my lips! Extremely long wearing, it's rarely leaves a print on my wine glass, where my other friends are constantly topping their lipstick I never have to when I'm wearing this. Really recommend using Chapstick 15mins before applying dragon girl and using a lipliner for the precise application (I use MAC cherry). Hate thing I don't like is the pencil formula, however this will not stop me buying in the future

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Fabulous!

OK, not helpful, I know. But, I love the NARS Velvet Matte pencils. Insanely good staying power. Not overly drying.

Dragon Girl is a great pop of color. I have almost-black hair, very pale (~NW15) skin, and it is fantastic. It's my everyday lipstick right now. (And seriously, when I say everyday, I mean everyday, I put it on after yoga, with just mascara, and feel great.) But I'm really comfortable with bright reds... This is great now in January; come summer, I'll probably switch back to Heat Wave or Red Square.

It doesn't make teeth look yellow, so a nice plus.

on 9/17/2012 2:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

I love this lipstick so much! This is a perfect bold statement red lip on me. Forreference I am Nw45, Revlon Cappuccino, L'Oreal Mahogany. This looks like a pin-up red lip on me. Will repurchase forever and ever!

As a worshipper of the Church of Red Lips for nearly half a decade now, I've decided I have to have this as soon as every magazine and blogger started singing its praises. I've to wait for quite a while because it was sold out for several months in my country, apparently due to the avid Taylor Swift fans (this is the shade she wore on her Blank Space music video). Imagine my surprise when I finally tried it on and saw that it pulled very pinkish red on me and my pale, yellow-undertoned complexion. I guess I expected it to be more...Dragon Red? Anyway, I've grown to like this color. It's unlike any of the reds in my current arsenal, which is its strength, I suppose. Staying power is good and the finish is comfortable on my lips, but bearing in my mind that I do slather some Lucas Papaw ointment on my lips several minutes before I apply this. Love that it's travel-friendly. Gripes: a. I had to buy the special-sized Nars sharpener for this; b. I hate seeing how much product is wasted whenever I sharpen this; c. The cap has the tendency to come off when inside a makeup bag with other products. I was recently gifted with Cruella so I'll update on which of the two I'd prefer to repurchase once they get worn to the nub.

on 4/14/2015 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Nars "Dragon Girl" is my go to red lipstick, and I have many, many red lipsticks. If I am having a low self esteem day, all I have to do is put this on and everything is all better. I think empowering is the word I'm looking for. It is a very bright matte pinky red and not for wallflowers. It tends to be a little drying so you will need to wear lip balm underneath. Excellent staying power as well.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This isn't RED, it's more of a pink-red. It's very matte and can be drying. It's kind of similar to Revlon Cherries in the Snow, but not glossy and not as vibrant. I hate that it has to be sharpened!

on 11/5/2014 1:13:00 PM

The shade Dragon Girl wasn't exactly what I expected. It looks more like cool pink on my lips, especially when I haven't layered it. It's still pretty and I'm using it. I love the soft consistency and I would pick that anytime over a glossy finish. It was surprising how thin layer it creates, so making your lips look defined is easy. I wish there were more lipsticks like this. It's necessary to get a big sharpener for this pencil.

on 8/15/2013 11:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

If you have fair skin with cool undertones and love matte lips, this is the red lipstick for you! I saw a beauty blogger use this and I immediately fell in LOVE with the colour - it's beautiful, sort of a mix between a bright red and a deep pink. I have a hard time finding red lipstick, as I am fair and they can come across too dark (as a result I find them hard to pull off and I end up feeling a bit uncomfortable with them on my lips). For reference I have MAC 'Russian Red' which is another 'cool' red that I like, but it is quite deep and bold, which is sort of intimidating. I have strayed away from wearing it because it's really 'out there', and it can overpower my fair skin.

This shade is amazing. I swatched it in Sephora and I knew it was perfect. When I got home I immediately put it on and was in love! It's the perfect red because it's bold without feeling like the colour is wearing YOU. Don't get me wrong, it is bright but I think it's a great balance of red & pink - I have red hair and I adore how it looks with my hair colour. This is matte but I don't find it super drying and I also don't think it emphasizes any dry skin on your lips like many other matte shades.

My new staple for a gorgeous red lip!!! It doesn't disappoint, however I'd suggest visiting a Sephora or NARS makeup counter to swatch it on your hand or try it on your lips. I think the key to finding the perfect red lip is to get the right undertone to match your skin (cool, neutral, warm, etc). It is $30, which isn't a bargain or anything but NARS makes beautiful makeup so you pay for quality in this case. I'd also recommend checking out all the other shades of NARS 'Velvet Matte Lip Pencils', along with NARS 'Satin Lip Pencils' and NARS 'Velvet Gloss Lip Pencils' as well. Once you buy one, you will be hooked!! :)

on 5/30/2013 7:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The color is pretty, but didn't seem to bring my face alive (NW20, almost black hair, brown eyes). It did not look bad at all, but for this much money, I want one of those great shades that just brings everything together effortlessly. Also, I was disappointed in the pencil itself. I went through every Nars lip pencil thing they had and this was one of two colors that interested me. I chose this one because it was matte and I thought would make a lovely stain type of product. But it smeared...every where. I would apply it and it went on much brighter on my face than the swatch I did on my hand. I had to be careful applying it. But even with lip liner this created a fuzzy lip line. And the product didn't "stay" like I expected. It was more smeary than an average lipstick. All in all, it was too much mediocrity for the money. I had to return it.

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

Holy wow.
I cannot begin to sing my praises about this product enough.
This is a true blue based cherry red with a pink tone that, while is very bright, is amazingly pretty and brings out your facial features.
I am no stranger to bright coloured lips but I was rather surprised at how vibrant this colour was.
The great thing I have to note about this pencil which is its selling point is the lasting power. Where to start? I was wearing this at 10am this morning. It is now 4pm in the afternoon and it has not moved. Not even faded! It does not bleed and is a lovely velvety matte. I did not even wear a lipliner with this baby and it hasn't feathered It does not feel like you are wearing anything and the best part is that it does not dry out my lips, even being a matte.
The chubby pencil might not be everyone's idea of practical but with the right sharpener and making sure the cap is on tight, you have one very wearable and easy to apply red lipstick. How amazing. I really did not expect this much from a matte pencil but will definately be repurchasing and recommending.

It is however very expensive for 2.4g of product- a whopping AUD$50!!!!
However, due to how little you have to apply and how long this lasts I think it is a good investment and will continue to purchase over and over. I can now wear a red lip without having to worry about constant maintenance, yay!!! Absolute love <3
EDIT: the 'lead' of this lipstick pencil somehow broke at the base of the pencil and slid right out the top! This caught me by surprise. Cmon nars, if you're gonna charge me that much for a pencil at least make it sturdy! One lippy off for this, as i can still use it as long as i don't turn it upside down