Revlon Age Defying Makeup with Botafirm SPF 20 for Normal/Combination Skin

Revlon Age Defying Makeup with Botafirm SPF 20 for Normal/Combination Skin

3.7

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (8.0%), Zinc Oxide (3%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Propylene Glycol, Cetyl/PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl 4 Isostearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Methyldihydrojasmonate, Boron Nitride, Acetyl Hexapeptide 3, Nylon 12, Stearic Acid, Polyglyceryl 6 Polyricinoleate, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Aluminum Hydroxide, Alumina, Glycine Soja Protein (Soybean), Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Leaf Juice, Salicylic Acid, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Macrocystic Pyrifera (Extract), Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, PVP, Fomes Officinalis Extract (Mushroom), Anthemis Nobilis (Roman Chamomile) Flower Extract, Saxifraga Sarmentosa Extract, Vitis Vinifera Fruit Extract (Grape), Morus Bombycis Root Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Methoxypropylgluconamide, Laureth 7, Glycerin, Silica, Methicone, PEG/PPG 20/15 Dimethicone, Dimethiconol, Tribehenin, PEG 10 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

on 12/19/2008 5:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I can't believe I've found what I think might be my HG foundation. Revlon Age defying makeup SPF 20 in Bare Buff. After a two year search that led me from Vincent Lazlo to Jane Iredale then to Dior and back again with some drugstore stuff thrown in for good measure - from Almay to Neutrogena - this is THE one. My skin looks so natural, just more even and kind of glowy. I'm 37 with some signs of aging and a monthly battle with blemishes. I'll report back if this stuff breaks me out. But today (just three days into using it) I am LOVING my skin. Revlon makes the best drugstore make-up out there by far. This stuff does what the Lazlo stuff did without making me oily and without (so far it seems) clogging my pores. Oh, yeah, and costs about a quarter as much!

on 12/2/2008 9:53:00 PM

it's been hard for me trying to find a good drug store foundation since I've been a little financily challanged for the past two years. I love this foundation. I'm the fairest half Asian and this def goes on with min. coverage but flawless and there is NO oily t-zone. I have a problem with foundation greasing on my face but not this one!

I will keep purchasing this product even after I get better pay.

on 11/21/2008 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Like a reviewer below...I also used Revlon's Colorstay, but now prefer this formula as well! Also, an excellent color match for my hard to match skin. I use "Bare Buff" in the Normal/Combo version, and it's a nice very fair yellow toned shade. I should mention that I have combo skin, both very oily yet very dehydrated (somehow), and also breakout prone skin. This has the look of real skin, light to medium coverage, not dewy at all, but *fresh* and VERY natural looking. I also agree that this controls oil much better than Colorstay, and manages to maintain it's fresh appearance throughout the day, even on my oily t-zone which tends to "break up" most foundations. Looks totally natural, even up close, even in daylight! I love that it has a physical sunscreen, since chemical sunscreens break me out. It does have a somewhat strong perfumey "old lady" scent, which does linger a bit once applied. Also, this is a thick formula which can be difficult to get out of it's glass bottle. However, a truly gorgeous foundation, and I will definitely re-purchase!

I really like this foundation... the first time I bought it. I wish I had bought 20 bottles the first time around. The color matched perfectly, it covered, controlled shine, and made everything look so natural. After I finished this bottle, I experimented with some others for a while and just recently went back to it but noticed the same color I was using has a really really RED pigment to it (soft beige). I understand that my skin color probably isn't exactly the same as it was before, but still! I looked really red. BUT!!! If you find the right color, I think you'll really enjoy the product.

I just started using this a couple days ago and hesitant to write a review, but so far so good. I used Revlon Colorstay prior to this and ran out, so I decided to give this a go. I like this better because it gives you a radiant look without appearing too made up. I feel like my skin looks healthy when I'm wearing this and it seems to keep the greasies away more so than colorstay. My skin doesn't look cakey or feel like I'm wearing anything at all! I'm hoping to see the benefits of the age-defying label, although I feel my skin does look slightly plump(in a good way(lol). It also seems to stay fresh for hours which is a plus in my book. Revlon please don't discontinue....I think I found my HG foundation. Give it a try before spending tons of money on high-end foundations. I got this for 13 dollars but received another Revlon product for free!!!

UPDATE: IT HAS BEEN ABOUT A YR. LATER SINCE I LAST WROTE THIS REVIEW AND AFTER TRYING OTHER FOUNDATIONS FOR THE FUN OF IT....I STILL LOVE THIS!! I LOVE THAT WHEN I WEAR IT....IT LOOKS LIKE I HAVE NOTHING ON..JUST NICE SKIN. I HATE THE LOOK OF A CAKEY FACE SO THIS WILL ALWAYS BE MY STAPLE FOUNDATION. I WILL ALWAYS HAVE THIS PRODUCT ON HAND. THANKS REVLON...NEVER DISCONTINUE PLEASE!!!

on 7/10/2008 10:00:00 AM

My mom got a couple of these during a BOGO sale and she gave me one. I'm only 21 and I don't really need age defying makeup, but free foundation is free foundation so I decided to give it a try. I was not pleased, and neither was my mom. It's too dark, doesn't blend that well, and settles in creases I didn't even know I had. It makes the area around my mouth look awful, like I caked it on, but I didn't. The coverage sucks, too. Don't waste your money on this stuff. Instead, try Maybelline's Superstay Silky foundation. To date, it's best one I've ever tried.

on 7/2/2008 11:19:00 AM

I wanted to like this stuff (because of the SPF, and the good reviews), but ultimately it made me look older and too made up. It's quite heavy unless you blend it well, but then it can look splotchy if you overblend.

And I'm not sure it "settled" into my pores, but it made them look more pronounced, especially as time passed (a few hours).

The only thing I can figure is that I need to buy the primer to use with it. I still might do that -- I haven't tossed this product yet. The color seems pretty good, and there are still good reviews. But I won't use it "as is" (without the primer) again, because it doesn't go on right on my skin.

(The packaging sucks! I hate that bottle, because some product always splashes out after I get a little. It's like a makeup bomb! What a mess!)

This foundation feels and smells nice, but that's about it. It gets a two only because it didn't break me out or turn me completely orange like a lot of other drugstore brands. The bottle opening is too large (why won't everyone switch to pumps?). The coverage wasn't great and it made my pores look insanely huge. I tried it with and without the age defying finishing powder--no difference, just gigantic pores before and after. I'm returning it today.

If anyone has suggestions for a foundation and/or powder that won't settle into my pores, won't be too drying on my cheeks, but also won't slide off of the rest of my face in the TX heat--I would love to hear them. I'm at the point where I would pay anything for the right make up.

on 4/26/2008 11:47:00 PM

This stuff is foundaiton for people who don’t need to wear any. Its so sheer that theres really no reason to put it on unless you want sun protection or a base for other makeup.

It gives you a natural and very sheer finish. Odd because the lable says its “age defying” and for “normal/combination skin”, yet it tends to get shiny, wont even out your skin tone, and wont disguise any discoloration from acne or age.

I used 10 Sand Beige which was the yellowest shade I saw. Its a little too pink but the stuff is so sheer that it hardly matters. It doesnt change color throughout the day, but again, its so sheer its hard to tell.

Two stars because the lable is misleading.

I love this!!! After years of searching for the right makeup, I found this and it makes my skin look almost flawless. I'm 31 and have large pores on my nose and forehead, oily t-zone and dry reddish cheeks. It COMPLETELY minimizes my pores better than anything ever has before. Plus the color bare buff is a very light yellow (I almost didn't buy it because it looks so light in the bottle) and the yellowness is great for toning down my red cheeks. Now they look like they have a healthy glow instead of just being red. My skin glows all over from this, and the best part is that it looks so natural that I can't see any makeup on my face, even in artificial and natural light. I walked around with my mirrow going in different rooms of my house and was completely happy with the way my skin looks in this makeup. I bought some of those exfoliating shower gloves and use those every morning to exfoliate my face. Then I use neutrogenia oil free moisture. That and along with this makeup my skin has never looked better. If you get this at Walgreens when they have their bogo sale you can get a darker color for free to mix together in the summer. My Mom even looked at me the other day and told me that my skin looked really good and healthy.