REVLON Age Defying Makeup with Botafirm SPF 20 for Normal/Combination Skin

REVLON Age Defying Makeup with Botafirm SPF 20 for Normal/Combination Skin

3.7

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (8.0%), Zinc Oxide (3%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Propylene Glycol, Cetyl/PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl 4 Isostearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Methyldihydrojasmonate, Boron Nitride, Acetyl Hexapeptide 3, Nylon 12, Stearic Acid, Polyglyceryl 6 Polyricinoleate, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Aluminum Hydroxide, Alumina, Glycine Soja Protein (Soybean), Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Leaf Juice, Salicylic Acid, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Macrocystic Pyrifera (Extract), Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, PVP, Fomes Officinalis Extract (Mushroom), Anthemis Nobilis (Roman Chamomile) Flower Extract, Saxifraga Sarmentosa Extract, Vitis Vinifera Fruit Extract (Grape), Morus Bombycis Root Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Methoxypropylgluconamide, Laureth 7, Glycerin, Silica, Methicone, PEG/PPG 20/15 Dimethicone, Dimethiconol, Tribehenin, PEG 10 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

on 3/25/2010 9:32:00 AM

Im unsure about this foundation. This foundation is light-light med coverage. I have uneven skintone and a few acne scars. When applied it looked really shiny, it didnt cover that much, if anything, but it did even out my skintone, and looked very natural, like i wasnt wearing any makeup. There is a funky smell to this foundation, which i really didnt like. I also hated the bottle, really hard to get the foundation out. After setting with some powder it looked pretty good. But after a couple of hours it was fading, and if i touched anything, it would come off.

Reccommend this to people with normal skin who just want to even out there skintone and add a 'glow' so there skin.

on 3/8/2010 7:57:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

Yes, I know - that at 23 I don't really need "age defying" and what not but - this is a GREAT foundation. Holds up well all day, looks natural, and while a little pricey for a drugstore foundations it is as good as any of the department store ones I have owned.

The one con is that even the lightest shade is a smidge to dark for me. But I blend REALLY well and set with an uber pale powder and I am set.

Totally worth buying!

on 3/6/2010 10:06:00 PM

I have been searching the web for days to find a new foundation. My old one has started to settle into my smile lines. I wanted a light coverage foundation to give me a more polished look that would work well with my slight smile lines and some faint creases on my forehead.

I love this stuff. It gives me a porcelain look and takes about 5 years off my face easily. Plus I love the way it feels. My skin is very soft and touchable when wearing this. When putting it on it is very creamy and blends excellently.

This is perfect for people that have pretty good skin and just want to polish up their look.

on 1/2/2010 8:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

EDIT: This isn't the sleekest car on the racetrack, so to speak, with all the contenders out there, in all price ranges. But I will tell you, this is a fantastic foundation. Beats the pants off Lancome R'energie! My skin looks younger, softer and it stays. The beautiful finish stays as well although I use just a phloof of powder-really a tiny bit. I highly recommend!!!!
After a week of purchasing and returning Revlon foundations, I have finally found a winner! PhotoReady lost me with the obvious sparkles (in broad daylight) and the dry skin version of this felt as heavy as crisco on my skin. I guess my skin isn't as dry as I thought it was, or my Purist moisturizer is working well! Anyway, I had a difficult time choosing a color in this foundation because they all looked so yellow. I came home with Nude Beige 04 and while appearing excessively yellow in the container, it lightens up considerably and blends in well with my NW20 light skin, and loses that strong yellow tone. The packaging is horrible. It's a glass bottle and the formula is so thick I had a difficult time decanting it into a pump bottle. Once transferred (took an hour) it passes through the pump well and I am surprised at the soft, pretty radiant finish this has! I would classify the coverage as light with one layer. I dabbed a bit extra on my nose and around my mouth. Voila, exactly what I was looking for. Reminds me of MUFE F&B in terms of coverage, although the Revlon offers just a bit more. The finish is beautiful on me, like F&B as well. I would definitely purchase again!

on 12/12/2009 9:51:00 PM

I have at long last found a drugstore brand foundation that is perfect for my skin type. I'm 19 years old, but I have dry combo skin with large pores, so it's really hard for me to find a foundation that is moisturizing yet doesn't settle into my pores. I have at long last found it! This makeup goes on so smooth, it feels very silky but not at all greasy. I have very fair skin and shade 01 matches my skin tone perfectly. It provides moderate coverage, enough to cover the redness on my nose and cheeks but I have a few freckles and those still poke through (which doesn't bother me at all). Overall, I am very pleased with this product and I have definitely found my go-to foundation! My only problem with it is the packaging, I really wish it had a pump. Otherwise, great product!

on 12/4/2009 12:41:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

As far as cheap drugstore foundations go, this is the best I have found. I am a broke student, so can't afford to splurge on quality makeup very often. I have very pale, very dry skin and this is the only foundation I have found that has enough moisturizer to go on smooth. It doesn't leave my skin looking as flaked as the sahara desert, and actually gives me a soft, healthy glow. It is sheer enough to blend into my pale skin, but offers enough coverage to even out my skintone. Great product!

on 12/3/2009 8:37:00 PM

My search for foundation has finally ended. I was using all kinds of foundation until I saw my friend walked in with flawless and youthful skin. She usually looked tired and worn out. I found out later that she has just switched foundation. I was totally shock to learn it was Revlon Age Defying Makeup with Botafirm. I had used Revlon once when I was in my early teens, now at 44 I have pretty much stick with the stuff from the departmental stores. I went out and bought 3 versions of this line, one in a plastic tube with no brush (light makeup), one in a tube with brush, and this one in a glass bottle. They all proved to be very firming. I literally took 10 years off my face. But I have to say, this one in the glass bottle is the most effective.

I picked this up in a Buy One Get One Free deal. I was pleasantly surprised! I hate thick, heavy, streaky foundations and this is lightweight and smooth. It covers up most minor imperfections but it isn't a heavy-duty foundation. I think if it was heavy it would settle into fine lines and pores and make you look older. It makes my skin look very nice and natural (not powdery!), and if I mix a little with moisturizer it doesn't look like I'm wearing any at all. I HATE the smell of Colorstay and thankfully this barely smells (it just has a generic "foundation smell" IMO). There's a large range of colors, the "dry skin" line seems to be cooler toned, and the "normal/combo" seems to be more warm. However, A BIG FAT ZERO for the packaging! The bottle is poorly designed and the foundation gets everywhere. This would've gotten 5 stars if it came in a pump bottle.

on 11/14/2009 11:04:00 PM

As a person who has been cursed with problem skin, I am ever on the search for the foundation that will mask my problems (acne, oily, large pores, fine lines, and now...melasma), but also look natural and not so obviously made up. I have been using Colorstay for oily skin (and as I'm writing this, it occurs to me that maybe I should try the dry or combo formulation...errrgh) in Buff for the most part, but as my skin has aged, find that it tends to look cakey on my skin. So, I thought I would try something geared to my aging skin, in fact, something that will "Defy" my age! As I was feeling like the Buff was looking too yellowish on my skin, I took a risk with the rather pink appearing Fresh Ivory. The shade turned out to be a good match for my skin, and it seems to disappear into my skin but does cover or at least mute some of my imperfections. I like the slippery feel of it and it does not seem accentuate my fine lines or my pores. It really has the effect of making it look like my skin has improved without looking like I am wearing foundation, and this is always what I desire from a foundation. I have been wearing for a couple of weeks and does not seem to break me out. And, I guess I should say that underneath the foundation, I wear moisturizer and a primer (currently Boscia because I got a free sample) and on top, I put on a bit of MAC Blot with a brush.

on 8/21/2009 5:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

After wearing ColorStay for years I decided to change things up and look for a foundation that would help camouflage areas of my face that were drier and starting to show fine lines. Decided to try this for combo skin. The bottle is horribly designed. The coverage was even worse. It barely covered any red scarring from pimples even with concealer! The texture was chalkier than I expected and felt it didn't apply evenly. Back to ColorStay...for now ;)