Revlon Age Defying Makeup with Botafirm SPF 20 for Normal/Combination Skin

Revlon Age Defying Makeup with Botafirm SPF 20 for Normal/Combination Skin

3.7

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (8.0%), Zinc Oxide (3%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Propylene Glycol, Cetyl/PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl 4 Isostearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Methyldihydrojasmonate, Boron Nitride, Acetyl Hexapeptide 3, Nylon 12, Stearic Acid, Polyglyceryl 6 Polyricinoleate, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Aluminum Hydroxide, Alumina, Glycine Soja Protein (Soybean), Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Leaf Juice, Salicylic Acid, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Macrocystic Pyrifera (Extract), Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, PVP, Fomes Officinalis Extract (Mushroom), Anthemis Nobilis (Roman Chamomile) Flower Extract, Saxifraga Sarmentosa Extract, Vitis Vinifera Fruit Extract (Grape), Morus Bombycis Root Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Methoxypropylgluconamide, Laureth 7, Glycerin, Silica, Methicone, PEG/PPG 20/15 Dimethicone, Dimethiconol, Tribehenin, PEG 10 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

on 11/10/2013 8:19:00 PM

Virtually no coverage! As others have stated most tinted moisturizers have more coverage than this, thank god I picked this up on clearance for a couple of bucks.

What a range of reviews for this product, unfortunately, my experience with this stuff was awful!

on 10/25/2013 12:47:00 AM

I personally love this foundation! Im on my THIRD bottle. I dont necessarily have perfect skin either and the coverage works great for me! I also love that its not cakey or look like a mask. I apply it using a sponge after i have already moisturized and its a medium coverage and generally covers my blemishes after i top it off with my powder. Another thing that i love about this foundation is that it doesn't make my skin worse, if anything my skin has cleared up since i have switched over to this. My old foundation I used to have to run to the bathroom and blot every couple hrs. but this one lasts all day, if its really humid i might have to blot maybe once midday but nothing to complain about!! I would appreciate a pump though ;) Overall, i lovelovelove this and will continue repurchasing!!!

on 8/26/2013 10:30:00 AM

I agree with all the other negative reviews - this stuff is really rubbish!
I picked it up in Northern Ireland the other day, only because it was in the bargain basket at 50p! Got one for my sister too and my Mum bought one.
Hmm. I've always been complemented on my good skin and am always getting told I look much younger than my age of 43.
However, I have some rosacea patches, nose pores and am starting to get some age blemishes.
This foundation is 'age-defying', right?
Wrong!
I thought maybe it was because it was really old or something (hence price) but there is NO coverage. A dull, dead colour (Fresh Ivory, which I was thrilled to find in the bargain bucket) that is neither 'dewy' nor age-defying. Botafirm? Whatever that is... Nope, nothing about my face looks firmer either! Absolute rubbish. It smells lovely so I'm guessing it's not 'off' and this is actually how it was made!
Even if I had the skin I had 20 years ago, without the abovementioned flaws, I can tell that this would do nothing at all for my skin or look, really surprised as I've always thought Revlon was a 'very good make'. Will update if my Mum/sis get back to me about their use of it. Back to the foundation-finding drawing board for me!

on 8/1/2013 7:33:00 PM

Love this! I am 49, and have used and tried soooooooooo many foundations and was never happy with the products I tried--until now. I have been using this for over a year and I am so happy with this product. I have combination skin with some fine lines, but, when I put this on my face, my skin looks very healthy, and more importantly, younger. It does not transfer onto your clothing, and the color stays true ALL day. I have even gone to bed without washing it off(not a habit, to be sure) and the next morning the foundation looked as though I had just applied it. Love this product. I just wish it came with a pump.

on 7/26/2013 6:24:00 PM

I must agree with Lili95. This fdt sucks. I was looking for something to counteract the extremely dry weather we're having here, and my aging used-to-be-very-oily skin, but I can't afford to spend a bloody fortune, so I tried this.

Bad mistake. When I opened the bottle there was about half an inch of OIL sitting on top. Oh, well. Sometimes you've got to shake a product, so I gave this a good shake. I put it on and it was still an oily mess. Oh, and no coverage whatsoever. Did I mention it has no coverage? In short, I hate this muck. I have to go out in a minute so I don't have time to redo my MU. I had to powder my face to death to counteract the oiliness, which rather defeated the purpose of trying not to dry my skin out. I can almost feel my skin breaking out from this garbage. This is going back tomorrow PRONTO.

Why, oh WHY, do these "experts" believe that because a woman is past 40, she has to smother her face in grease? Lord knows we buy enough of their stuff to pay for a lifetime of research. And yet, they keep coming back with the same old same old: either blotting-paper dry products, or lard-in-a-jar. And I don't care how much they gas away about their "breakthrough anti-aging so and so, for all skins." No, it isn't. It's just a variation of the same rubbish.

I'm no expert, but even I know that grease does NOT prevent or correct wrinkles. It only makes your face look gross and your skin break out.

Forgive the rant, but I am very frustrated at the moment, and I am tired of these snake-oil (pun intended) peddlers who call themselves "experts."

on 7/13/2013 12:08:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this foundation! Yes, this foundation is light. It gives a light coverage for those who don't need much to cover. If you have acne or "bad" skin, it's not for you! I believe that is why there are so many bad reviews. I always get complements on how nice my skin looks. I tried other brands and nothing compares to this one. This foundation beats Chanel Perfection Lumiere, hands down! It makes my skin look dewy and fresh! As long as this foundation is sold at DS, I will continue to purchase it!

on 7/11/2013 11:31:00 PM

THIS IS SO BAD! It has less coverage then a tinted moisturizer. It is literally like I am putting a regular moisturizer on. Needless to say I returned that sucker.

on 6/6/2013 9:02:00 AM

This foundation has a lot going for it. Spf 20 with a good percentage of zinc oxide and titanium dioxide.Physical only sunscreen, less likely to cause stinging eyes.Chemical sunscreens cause a lot of problems aound eyes for a lot of people including me. So it is broad spectrum protection.But it doesn't offer much in the way of coverage, more like a TM and it's rather greasy upon application . I couldn't use this without powder.However, set with powder it's fine.My skin's combination and that's what this foundation is for.It's a nice light summer make up, and I'm happy with it. Feels very light on, This evens out skin tone , but if you're after good coverage , this isn't for you.If you're thinking of a TM for summer , try this, it's better than a lot of BB's as well.It's available cheap on Amazon just now(it usually is)I got mine for five pounds 80p and free delivery so really you've nothing to lose by giving it a try.For reference I'm nw 15 -20 and wear this in Buff Beige. The colour match is perfect ,but the colour does look darker in the bottle.This is fragrance free and is a top pick on beautypedia.

on 4/27/2013 6:18:00 AM

I love this foundation. It blends in well on my face and I love how it has a matte finish. The only downside to this product is that it only has light to medium coverage and I would prefer a more fuller coverage. I love how light it feels on my face aswell and it lasts all day. I will definately repurchase

Revlon, are you by chance reading this? If so, thanks a lot for NOTHING, you morons!

I have used Age-Defying with BotaFirm for dry skin since it came out. It was perfect. My shade was 04 Nude Beige. But you had to go and change it, didn't you? That's right....some bright-eyed, squirrelly little overachiever decided he was going to make his mark by improving what DID NOT NEED improving. But you allowed it, and you screwed up.

Otherwise, can you tell me how and why the 04 Nude Beige in your hotshot reformulated "Age-Defying for ALL Skin types" is NOT THE SAME COLOR as 04 Nude Beige in the old formula? Can you tell me why the old one is for fair cool skin like mine, and the new one (same shade!) is TAN? .........No?..........I didn't think so.

Thanks a hell of a lot for making me have to start from scratch and find a new foundation at my age.