Revlon Age Defying Makeup with Botafirm SPF 20 for Normal/Combination Skin

Revlon Age Defying Makeup with Botafirm SPF 20 for Normal/Combination Skin

3.7

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (8.0%), Zinc Oxide (3%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Propylene Glycol, Cetyl/PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl 4 Isostearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Methyldihydrojasmonate, Boron Nitride, Acetyl Hexapeptide 3, Nylon 12, Stearic Acid, Polyglyceryl 6 Polyricinoleate, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Aluminum Hydroxide, Alumina, Glycine Soja Protein (Soybean), Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Leaf Juice, Salicylic Acid, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Macrocystic Pyrifera (Extract), Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, PVP, Fomes Officinalis Extract (Mushroom), Anthemis Nobilis (Roman Chamomile) Flower Extract, Saxifraga Sarmentosa Extract, Vitis Vinifera Fruit Extract (Grape), Morus Bombycis Root Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Methoxypropylgluconamide, Laureth 7, Glycerin, Silica, Methicone, PEG/PPG 20/15 Dimethicone, Dimethiconol, Tribehenin, PEG 10 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

on 10/18/2007 12:42:00 PM

I can't tell you how long I've been looking for the right foundation. I've tried the expensive department/specialty store products to various foundations form the drug store. I think I've found the best so far. Revlon Age Defying Makeup. I can't stand a heavy-feeling foundation but also want decent coverage. A combination which seems to be like finding a needle in a haystack. This product goes on silky smooth yet covers nicely. I truly have combination skin and so far haven't noticed any uneveness in the look of my skin. Just a fresh natural look. The price is on the higher end of drug store varieties but a lot less expensive than upscale cosmetics from a department store.

on 10/13/2007 12:39:00 PM

Great everyday foundation! I'm usually a high end girl when it comes to foundation - I usually use stuff like Laura Mercier, Chanel, MAC etc. I've never really found my HG so I swap and change a fair bit. My last foundation ran out (MAC Select) and I was miles away from a decent makup counter so I did a quick check on the MUA board and the reviews for this looked OK, and the colour range was good (I'm usually an NW20) - the palest in this foundation was actually too pale which is unusual so I got the second colour 04 Nude Beige. The coverage is very sheer, it's buildable, and it's very glowy/dewy. The colour match is excellent on me, and it evens out my skin tone and gives my skin a lift, but as it's nice and sheer it doesn't disguise my freckles - a lot of foundations look naff on me because they look too caked and fake. It's a really nice product, although I find the smell a little strong!

Although I use both d/s and high end cosmetics, I usually spend quite a bit on foundation. IMO, the difference between d/s & high-end lies here, in the foundations. That's why I was very surprized when I used this Revlon m/u....it really stayed on ALL DAY...13 hours...probably londer, but I had to wash it off.
I also seen no evidence that it clogged my pores, nor did it settle into the fine lines around my eyes. Also, when I apply it, it glides on super smooth and blends effortlessly. I have also applied it with a foundation brush, and I especially would recommend doing so.
Also...when I use this foundation, I also use it as a concealer. When I take the cap off, there is always a little product up in the lid, that has got a little thicker due to the air exposure. I love to dab a little of that around the inner corners of my eyes/nose where there ia slight blue cast.

on 9/12/2007 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Okay, I've only used this for 2 days now, but I think I like it! I applied it over clean, but unprimed skin, which is extremely large-pored and oily. I used my damp Laura Mercier sponge and came out with great results--a light, silky finish, which I like, so I just dabbed concealer in a few red places, then I set it with Stila Illuminating Powder Foundation and OMG! It looked great!! Now this changed the coverage from light to medium, but throughout the course of this 11 hour day this foundation has not oxidized, turned orange, faded all that much (a little bit, but 11 hours? c'mon!), or caked into my pores and fine lines. In fact, right now I have sort of a dewy finish! My nose is pretty oily, but what else is new. Oh, and did I mention it has staying power? Now, mind you, this is with Stila IPF on top-I have not tried it with just my LM translucent loose powder over it. We'll see how that goes, but for now, I'm loving it! I'm not loving the fragrance, though, as it tends to linger, but it's not horrific. And a pump would be nice. Am I asking too much here?! Will update later! (Keeping my fingers crossed!)
UPDATE: This foundation is the best kept secret at the drugstore--if only it weren't such a PITA to find the right shade. Otherwise, it still has great staying power, does not oxidize on my super-oily skin, does not cause breakouts and blends like a dream. I just love the texture. Lately, I've just been dusting LM loose powder on top with great results. Will definitely re-purchase.

Edit-Sorry, girls, but I just cannot deal with the smell; I can't quite put my finger on it...peanut butter, maybe? It still has a great texture and staying power for a drugstore foundation. But only if you can stand the smell.

on 8/30/2007 8:58:00 AM

I am on the fence about this foundation. On one hand it has great coverage and feels lovely when on, but then it can look very cakey and remain on the surface of your skin. I tried to layer this to use as a concealer, with disastrous results. It does have great staying power though. I wore this in high humidity and a temperature of 90 degrees and it still looked great at the end of the day, despite all the sweating! I don't know if I will be buying this again, I found it hard to get a good color match. I don't like the way it just sits on my skin and doesn't look natural in places, and it can be quite hard to blend. The texture is very nice, like a combination of gel and cream foundation without being too heavy. continued >>

on 8/19/2007 12:57:00 PM

A great drugstore foundation. It's light but still has good coverage. Doesn't make your face feel heavy, sticky or dirty. No obnoxious smell either. Use a light hand applying this or you can look "makeup-y." After using and discarding many drugstore foundations, this is one I can use over and over.

on 8/14/2007 12:31:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This used to be my HG foundation for months. I really liked how it didn't feel heavy at all. I think it might have caused some breakouts, but I can't be sure. I think this would have stayed my HG if I hadn't stumbled on my new HG from CG, which is also cheaper.
Good product.

I have combination skin. I have use all types of foundations from high end to drugstore. But I still get the oily look within an hour or two. Well I tried this because of the reviews and I absolutely love it. My skin stays more matte for a lot longer period of time and I just use powder and it looks great. One of the best foundations I have ever used. My holy grail product.

I've seen this foundation on other people and they look wonderful. On me it looks terrible. For one thing I could not find a good color match. Revlon's colors seem to be too yellow based for me. Also the texture feels oily and makes my face look and feel like an oil slick. Also my pores look huge. I gave it an average rating though because I think this makeup really works for several people I know. I'm just not one of them.

on 12/8/2006 6:40:00 AM

I bought this in Sand Beige. Not sure if it's the right color for me. Some days I look rather ashy with it on, and some days it looks fine. Maybe it's the lighting... Anyway, this is a comfortable foundation and it lasts well on my combination skin. The oil control in it is pretty good. I only need to blot maybe once or twice a day (but it is winter now... :P). A light hand is required for application as I've found it could look quite masky if you put too much on. I apply with a foundation brush and when it's done right the finish is really soft and lovely. I set the foundation with a light dusting of Mineral Veil. On me the coverage is enough. If I have blemishes, I can just go over it again with a tiny dab of foundation on my brush and it covers well. As for how long lasting it is... I would say it lasts about 12 hours, then my skin starts feeling a bit tight and grubby. I would buy again, maybe try a different color?