COVERGIRL Classic Color 'Soft Mink'

COVERGIRL Classic Color 'Soft Mink'
Cover Girl Soft Mink blush

4.2

Talc, Calcium Silicate (Anticaking Agent), Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Cetyl Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Coco Glycerides, Octyl Hydroxystearate, Lauroyl Lysine, Polyethylene, Zinc Stearate, Polyoxymethylene Urea, Fragrance, Quaternium 15, Eucalyptus Globulus (Eucalyptus) Leaf Oil, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Camphor, Menthol, Propylparaben, Eugenia Caryophyllus (Clove) Flower Oil, Methylparaben, BHT, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, May Contain (+/-):, Iron Oxides, Carmine (CI 75470), Red 6 Lake, Ultramarines, Red 7 Lake, Yellow 5 Aluminum Lake, Tin Oxide

on 9/20/2018 1:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I think this product came out in the late 70's or early 80's. I know that I've been buying it for a long time. The color looks natural and the shimmer is subtle. You can't beat the price either. Classic color blush by cover girl is one of the few powder blushes that doesn't get cakey or look dry on my skin or accentuate the fine lines. I don't use the applicator brush. One swipe and it lasts all day. I'll even run the brush over the eyelids, hairline, and under the chin.
I'll be 60 next year, and the "less is more" makeup philosophy becomes more appealing every day. Sunscreen, moisturizer, a CC cream, maybe a little concealer, mascara, blush, and lipstick.
Soft mink works well with the redhead complexion. It's a peachy pink apricot. I wear it year round. The shimmer means I don't have to use a highlighter.
As for the packaging, it goes in the vanity drawer. Since the color lasts all day, I don't carry it in my bag. In fact, I only carry a lipstick.
CoverGirl is a reliable, good quality drugstore brand. This blush is a classic for a reason.

on 6/29/2018 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Since I cannot walk past a makeup display without buying something I decided on this blush while shopping at the Dollar Store for holiday decorations. I have I seen it on store shelves my whole life, yes. Never purchased till now.

Well. A soft pink with brown undertone on me (no peach). Sheer color, some shimmer. Very pretty for summer. The surprise? Last ALL day. As other's have mentioned the color doesn't compete with your eye or lip color, quite neutral. Yet can also perk up a very natural/bare make up look. Packaging was interesting, it appears as if it's one of those cheap see the blush through a clear case, but it isn't. The bottom pulls out and you snap it on and while certainly not high end you get a closed case with a decent sized mirror inside. And the stupid brush, but whatever on that.

I feel this could work on most light to medium skin tones, possibly on darker toned ladies as a subtle highlighter. Didn't detect any real noticeable scent.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I don't know how I walked by this blush on the drugstore shelves for years and managed to never buy it until this week. It is the quintessential day-to-day soft neutral pale brown blush that will add a pop of natural looking color without competing with your eyeshadow or lipstick. It is subtle, but pigmented. It has some shimmer to it, but it's not one of those "all shimmer no color" cheapo blushes that we all are familiar with.
Soft Mink is a classic blush, it is not a unique color or formula, but it is a pretty, buildable shade and quite long lasting. It is blendable, but be weary of packing this on because in the light, it does have a shimmery effect that almost doubles as a built-in highlighter.
The price is very affordable; somewhere around $7 here in Cali. I'm not a huge fan of the packaging, it is a little bulky and needs to be hand-assembled, but once it is, it is secure though not particularly compact. It is nice that you get quite a bit of product and the pan is big enough to get a good swipe.
If you are suspicious of super colorful, over the top blush shades and want something very neutral and a bit more on the natural side, and don't want to spend Sephora prices, this is a perfect blush for you.

on 8/29/2016 2:02:00 PM

I'm a weirdo and my favorite thing about this blush is the scent. It transports me straight back to middle school minus the awkwardness. Other than that, this is a nice blush. It's a smooth midtone peach with some brown, very shimmery, medium-pigmented. I normally wear this over bronzer or a different shade of blush since this particular shade + shimmer combo can wash out my olive skin, but the effect is like a nice, non-garish highlight, especially over bronzer. Very glowy. Difficult to OD on pigment but easy to OD on shimmer with this one. The compact is old-school drugstore looking but sturdy; I'd prefer a round or square pan, anything over this weird rectangular configuration - it makes swirling your brush in the product a PITA. And it could last longer. Still, I reach for this more often than I thought I would this summer. Good use of $4. Again, don't buy it if you hate shimmer!!

on 6/10/2016 10:24:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I have been using this blush for years. Literally. I use it every day and the pan barely has a dip in it. Sorcery.

Supernatural suspicions aside, I really like this blush, it's natural looking and goes with whatever look I'm attempting that day. It's nearly impossible to overdo. I even use the crummy little brush. I'm old school like that.

I've heard that newer versions don't smell like Noxema anymore and that's sad. Mine is super old, so it still smells. :)

Want a neutral blush that will last a lifetime? Grab one of these!

I'm late to the Soft Mink party. I read on MUB that this was duplicit to Lancôme Miel something or other but that it was a dupe for Lancôme made me want to buy it as I'm not much of a Lancôme buyer due to their price (if I'm gonna buy HE makeup it's gonna be MAC or Chanel!), it really is gorg! It's a soft brown beige w a bit of glimmer glow, it smells like Noxzema too. I love Noxzema. It's so good for my skin! When I use Noxzema my skin seems better. So win-win. I don't own a ton of blushes some are in palettes (UD Gwen Stefani, benefit holiday pal, Sephora blushing 101 pal & 3 MAC 1s--a lot of times I use bronzer for blush so this brown tone suits me!). My parents picked this up 4 me recently at Kroger, I'm so happy w it. I'd describe it as a blush-bronzer-highlight hybrid. The packaging I had a bit of a prob figuring out on 1st try on closer inspection I "got" it. I actually like the brush for travel. The mirror is big & the supply is generous. Winning!!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

If you have skin issues of any kind I doubt very highly you will like this blush, it will just emphasize everything that is wrong with your skin. If your skin is oily and you have visible pores I would definitely not purchase this blush. Waaaaaaay too shimmery for my liking. Maybe this would look pretty on a nice young skin that is flawless. The color in the compact looks like a nice nude (pink/peach/brown) but on my NW20 skintone it appeared to be a drab peachy shade with tons of shimmer. They stopped using the fragrance in the Cheekers blush, however, this one still has the Noxzema scent, which I have no problem with but some of you may. Needless to say, this blush is going straight back to Target tomorrow.

Get over the packaging, the smell, and the brush & you've got a FANTASTIC blush! I apply with a powder brush in a padding motion, rather than a sweep and it lasts all day (630am-630pm no problem). It is the perfect shade for my nc25-nc35 (summer) skin. Will never pay more for blush! I have sensitive skin and did not break out.

on 4/26/2015 12:12:00 AM

I rediscovered this beautiful blush about 6 months ago. I've had it forever and didn't realize how amazing this color is on my nw20/25 skin tone. Its a lovely mauve- peachy plumy color with so much depth and dimension. It comes off more dirty pink mauve on me but I love that in a color for my lips or cheeks. Yes the packaging is not great but for 5-6 bucks what can ya say? Anyway, I feel many skintones can pull this off so buy it!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I am not a fan personally but this color looks so amazing on my little sister.
It just makes her face glow. She has a light skintone that turns golden when tan.
This just looks amazing on her year round. It does have a slight shimmer but is not glittery. Wish could make this work for me :(

Popular Blush Products