NIVEA Creme

NIVEA Creme

4.2

(European version): Aqua, Paraffinum Liquidum, Cera Microcristallina, Glycerin, Lanolin Alcohol (Eucerit?), Paraffin, Panthenol, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearates, Citric Acid, Magnesium Sulfate, Magnesium Stearate, Parfum, Limonene, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool, Citronellol, Benzyl Benzoate, Cinnamyl Alcohol. (U.S. Mexican Version) : Water, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Glycerine, Microcrystalline Wax, Lanolin Alcohol, Paraffin, Panthenol, Magnesium Sulfate, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearates, Fragrance, Citric Acid, Magnesium Stearate, Methylchloroisothiazoline, Methylisothiazolinone.

on 11/10/2016 11:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine

Good old Nivea Creme, has been a drugstore staple for eons, and maybe your Mum or even your Gran had one of the trusty blue round tins on her dressing table. What you may not know, is that over the pond, the Daily Mail ran a story about 66 year old Brit actress Alison Steadman, who decided to test out whether Creme de la Mer was worthy of it's HUGE price tag by conducting a comparison test, pitting de la Mer against Nivea. The results were nothing short of astonishing and prove once and for all that with proper marketing, you CAN sell ice to Eskimos.

Not only did the humble Nivea hold it's own, but actually SURPASSED de la Mer in many aspects, proving once and for all that expensive doesn't necessarily mean superior. This experiment was closely monitored by a dermatologist. Steadman applied de la Mer to one side of her face and Nivea to the other and according to the dermatological scans, the Nivea side showed better hydration, reduced redness and fine lines around her eyes had disappeared.

Not bad for something that you can pick up easily for $6.00 as compared to de la Mer's budget-busting price tag!

What I've found with Nivea is that it is very rich - a little goes a long way - and I like to apply it at night because it does tend to leave my face a little "shiny" but in the morning, my skin has a lovely plumped, moist look and is very soft, which will be a huge benefit once winter gets here.

As with so many things, I think that Creme de la Mer has benefited from "celebrity" endorsements, and being sold in very upscale stores and that, coupled with it's cost, tend to make people think that they are getting something very unique and consequently, it must be, the best. But don't let the cost fool you, or it's admittedly unglamorous packaging because as a 66 year-old English woman has proven, you really can't judge a book by it's cover.

Or it's cost!

on 11/2/2016 12:46:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I love this product because it is so versatile!

Used as a moisturiser its very rich. I like to use it as my night cream and also as a base underneath foundation. I also like to use it on dry patches like elbows and feet. And it is a staple in my hand luggage when I fly as it really helps on long haul flights with the dry recycled air. It can be used on your lips too!

I've also used it as a cold cream to cleanse my face with. I rub a thickish layer onto dry skin then wipe it off with a dry flannel or cotton pad.

I have also started using this on my hair after I wash it. I have curly/wavy hair and I rub in a blob about the size of a 10p coin from mid lengths to end and it is amazing at helping fight frizz! Be careful not too put too much in though as it will weigh down hair and make it look greasy.

A standard 200ml blue tub lasts me months and at around £2 it is so affordable. I couldn't go with out this product!

I finally got my hands on the German version, and it is so much better than the Nivea made in Mexico. My husband brought back from Germany the biggest size they make, and it was only about $4.00 USD. I use it on my face and neck at night and on my body. I've had no break outs with it. I think it's a little too heavy to use as a day moisturizer. I think this very large tin will last a very long time.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This cream manages to be both oily and yet doesn't absorb into my skin at all, leaving it dehydrated and dry. It also breaks me out horribly, I keep trying to make it work as it has so many great reviews, but this definitely causes acne on my skin. It is also heavily scented, which I don't really appreciate.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

really good mid to heavy duty moisturiser for the BODY, but don't do what I did and put it on your face just because your grandma said she did that. It's too heavy for your face and break you out in places you never knew existed on your face.

otherwise, great product. and the no-frills packaging is great because amongst all the trashy OTT product packaging nowadays it's nice to see just one shade of blue.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Finally bought and tried it. Thanks to your reviews, it's worth my time and money. The best Moisturizer out there :)

on 10/31/2016 7:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My holy grail moisturizer. I have dry skin and spend most of my time in air conditioned room. This is the only thing that helps my dry skin. Plus, it smells soooo good, very calming, sometimes I would open just to smell it. I use the creamy German version not the waxy Mexico version.

The best way to apply Nivea creme without tugging on your skin is by LIGHTLY tapping the cream until it spreads evenly. while doing it, hold your fingers for a few seconds, the heat will melt the cream and makes it easier to spread.

I use this day and night during dry/cold months. It leaves my skin supple and soft and stay moisturized the whole day. It doesn't irritate my sensitive skin (I got allergic reaction even from Ave*no). I have mild rosacea/redness on my cheeks and and chin, whenever I apply this the redness is gone and this cream actually make my skin look fairer. And it doesn't clog my pores.

During warmer months, I use this as a mask, apply a thick layer, leave it for about 20 minutes or more, and then wipe the excess off with tissue/cotton pad.

on 10/19/2016 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

I LOVE LOVE L O V E LOVEEEEEEEEEE IT! I have acne, oily/combination skin and this moisturizer helps me a lot! I use it every single night! I repeat, EVERY SINGLE NIGHT. I slap lots of it on my face. like a lot! and wipe it off with wipes the next morning. I realised that my skin is super soft and somehow whitens up my face lol. Well I guess it does help lightens up the acne scars. I also realise that it does control my acne and all. But I do not recommend wearing it as a moisturizer before applying make up if you have oily skin. cause you'll end up looking more greasy and oily! a big no!

on 10/19/2016 6:24:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I have been using this creme for a month now and I have noticed a significant difference in the look and feel of my skin. I noticed the change especially on my legs. Because I wear leggings a lot they tend to dry out my legs making them really itchy. When I put this creme on before my leggings I no longer get that powerful itchy sensentation after wearing the leggings for a prolonged period of time.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

The German-made Nivea Creme has a creamy, thick consistency that goes on best by patting it onto face. However, if you warm in between your fingers before applying, it smooths in just fine, It doesn't have as much slip due to its lacking the petrolatum that the Mexican-made one has, but for use on the face, I'm glad about that fact. I did a comparison and could definitely see and feel a difference, as the Mexican one gave more of a sheen. Also, the German version has a fresher, prettier scent and no preservatives. I'll be using my Mexican version to soften skin on my feet, elbows, hands and neck. But the German Nivea Creme will be reserved for keeping my face moist and glowing. I haven't found anything better. It's just the right blending of oil, water, waxes, lanolin, glycerine and fragrance to maintain its iconic status as a highly affordable gem of a facial moisturizer.

Popular Lotions / Creams