Sally Hansen Diamond Lip Treatment - ALL colours

Sally Hansen Diamond Lip Treatment  - ALL colours

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

I got a tube of the silvery sparkly gloss free with a bottle of the matching nail polish. While I like the nail polish, I cannot rave enough about the gloss! First and foremost, I LOVE the applicator. The brush component of it really makes for a smooth and accurate application, and the gloss doesn't get all goopy. The flavor is good, too. The staying power and the shine are unrivaled by any gloss in recent memory, and that includes Shiseido and Revlon. HIGHLY recommended.

I'm glad I only bought one of these. Theres not enough pigment. I didn't like the scent at all, and I usually love scented glosses. I used to love brush-on lipglosses (rather than doe-foot) because brush-on is just more rare. But now I now understand why brush-on is more rare: it's not as good. It's more likely for the gloss to drip, and impossible to apply without a mirror.

on 5/10/2005 9:42:00 PM

Ever since Sally Hansen started making makeup I have snatched up almost every lip gloss/lip treatment that comes out. I want to write the company and tell them to keep it comin'. I can't believe that the products are so cheap, and the available colors are all very natural. The formulations are so smooth and smell great. I have two diamond lip treatments, 2 daily lip treatments, the twist up one with the sponge tip applicator, and I bought three of the four lip
quads when those were out. They're all great. I have mocha,spice, mauve and pink shades. They're all flattering and natural. I have dark brown hair,fair-medium skin tone with freckling and dark greenish-brown eyes. I recommend anyone to use these lip treatments/glosses. You will not waste your money!

on 4/24/2005 4:23:00 AM

DESCRIPTION OF ME Asian with a warm complexion (C3-C4 in MAC) with strong yellow undertones and some peach. Black hair. Oily skin.

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION lipgloss with brush applicator. Around $5 US or less in most drugstores, definitely in Target, Sav-On and Walmart. 0.22 oz/6.2 g. I am reviewing three colors: Always Asscher, Royal Romance and Elegant Cognac.

PACKAGING This lipgloss comes in a 3D rectangle-shaped container that doesn't roll around. I love the brush applicator that it comes with. It is easier to work with than a sponge, in my opinion. However, the brush has a slight tendency to splay especially if you don't replace it into the tube correctly. Also, the wand has the tendency to be pushed up which, I think, is a result of the narrow tube and opening. One has to be a little bit more careful putting this lipgloss away. One point off for packaging.

COLOR I have three colors that I adore:

Always Asscher looks like a scary dark red-purple with big silver glitter in the tube. This is the darkest of all the colors I have seen on display. On my lips, it looks like a sheer medium mauve with high shimmer. It is suitable for every day use.

Royal Romance looks like a cool rose pink with gold shimmer. It looks the same on the lips, only sheerer. Most definitely wearable.

Elegant Cognac is a nude brown with low silver shimmer. You can call this a J. Lo nude. This, for many skintones, is a go-to no-brainer color.

TEXTURE It is ever so slightly less thick than Revlon Super Lustrous. It has a gel-like consistency. It is definitely not as sticky as MAC Lipglass. The great thing is that even though these lipglosses have a high amount of shimmer, it does not feel gritty or rough at all.

STAYING POWER Superior staying power for a lip gloss. I still had some on my lips after light eating and drinking from a glass.

SCENT This lipgloss has a creamy sweet scent with only a slight plastic note. It definitely beats Revlon SL's cherry cough syrup scent.

OVERALL A fantastic lipgloss! All of the colors I have are extremely wearable. They will be in my purse very often. I will definitely repurchase.

UPDATE I am not liking these lipglosses as much any more. As they wear off, they leave a very thick and sticky film on my lips that is hard to get rid of. I prefer Super Lustrous (oh if only it didn't have that cough syrup scent). continued >>

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I recently got 3 of these, and I LOVE them! They are such good quality glosses for such a low price. I was asked what kind of gloss I had on at work when I was wearing this in Lavender Marquis, and the woman said it was beautiful. Texture, smell, color, amount of sparkle, I give these an A plus. As others have said, I just wish there were more colors, but maybe this will come in time after the company's evaluated its sales, since this is a fairly new product for them.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

They don't have a variety of colors, but most of them they have are wearable. I wish my local walgreens has more of these in stock! I really like them. I have it in Brilliant Blush and it's a clear/nude color. They're sticky but not mac-lipglass sticky. The lasting power is about the same to MAC lipglasses. I will repurchase if they're on sale again. continued >>

on 3/31/2005 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I strolled into my local Sav On and was peeking through the make-up aisle when I saw this. Even though my overabundance of lip products is well-known, I was intrigued by the display. I am crazy about Sally Hansen nail polish, so I decided to give it a go. I finally decided on Princess Pink, a sheer, pale pink with teeny silver glitter. I tried it on in the car, and was sooo transported into a nostalgic mood by the smell!! It smells EXACTLY like Zingers, those dark red ones with the white coconut sprinkles! I hadn't thought of those in years, but this is what the smell was to me. Luckily the gloss doesn't have any flavour, I can't stand sweet flavour in lip products. I love the little brush applicator, this gives a nice, even coverage. The colour is natural and lovely! Not too glittery, very glossy, and no frost to it. It seems to just enhance my lipcolour, and give it some pretty sparkle! The wearability seems good, it sayed on a decent amount of time. I would definetely like to try this in other shades, so worth the price, and fun to wear. continued >>

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Gave into the raves but not until waiting for a sale lol. No regrets here. Great gloss! They smell great..sweet..but I detect not taste. The colors I got surprisingly have a decent amount of pigment and the shimmer isn't gritty at all. Love the brush applicator as well and they are surprisingly long lasting on my lips. Good product. The only thing I don't like about these is the fact that there's a sparse color selection and some of the colors have no pigment.

Update: Take back my raves about the scent. I recently started using my diamond glosses again and now I really don't like the scent at all. It is waaay to sweet and overwhelming to my nose..like really sweet icing mixed with something fruity. I have to be in a certain mood to wear these just b/c of the scent. continued >>

on 3/28/2005 5:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Given the name, and the fact that it appears quite glitzy in the tube, I wasn't sure this would be something I'd wear to work - I expected to use it for special occasions only - but I was completely wrong. The color is gorgeous (I have it in Always Ascher) and very flattering. Used with a lipliner, it stays on better than most glosses; in fact, it wears better than some of my lipsticks! It is a tiny bit sticky, but not bad. The brush works surprisingly well, too. A true bargain.

on 3/17/2005 9:54:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Wow! These are so great- I picked up five shades: Signature taupe(love), antique bronze, champagne toast, elegant cognac, and royal romance. I didn't see baguette beige but I want that one also. I love the smell (faint coconut)and the texture of these glosses! I may stock up.