Mary Kay TimeWise 3-in-1 cleanser C/O

Mary Kay TimeWise 3-in-1 cleanser C/O

3.8

on 5/25/2007 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I received a generous 1 oz. sample of this product from my husband's cousin, who sells Mary Kay. I like the fact that it is fragrance-free, but that is about all that I like about it. I found it a bit drying, even for my oily face. I also prefer for my cleansers to foam at least a little bit. And the cleaning power didn't come close to my HG Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Cleanser. I even prefer the Mary Kay Cleanser 3 to this TimeWise stuff. I will not be purchasing this cleanser.

Ingredients: water, tea-lauryl sulfate, hexylene glycol,disodium laureth sulfosuccinate, triethanolamine, acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, burdock extract, grapefruit extract, hops extract, equisetum hiemale extract, salvia officinalis (sage) extract, witch hazel extract, horse chestnut extract, propylene glycol, disodium EDTA. diazolidinyl urea, carnauba wax, mannitol, methylparaben, cellulose, butylene glycol, propylparaben, C9-15 alkyl phosphate, lauramine oxide, glycerin, thermus thermophillus ferment, ethyl linoleate, ethyl lnollenate, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, phenoxyethanol, talc, ultramarine, Red 30.

I used this product for over 5 years (as I used to be a consultant) It works ok and leaves my face very soft BUT it just doesn't deep clean! I know because I can use an astringent after and still get makeup off!! I also start getting little pimple-like things like cysts on my cheeks after awhile of using it like it isn't deep cleaning.(and yes I rinse well!) My mom and sister have the same problem while using it with the little clogged pores....The best benefit of this product (and this is where I think most ppl get thinking it cleans so well) is how baby soft it makes your skin feel. The very bad thing is it is very very pricey! A tub of basic cold cream deep cleans better although may not make your face feel as soft so I guess it is whatever you like best!!!

on 3/17/2007 8:06:00 PM

I have generally normal to dry skin, but with the other products that I use on my face (serums, primers, etc), it didn't seem wise to use a cleanser that added another layer of moisturizer. So I tried both MK Timewise cleansers (C/O) and (N/D) and found that I really liked how completely clean the C/O cleaner left my face. It doesn't dry it out, leaves it soft, but at a perfect state to start applying my products. I still plan on comparing this to other cleansers (like Clarins), but so far this is the product to beat.
4/14/07 update: I have come back to the N/D product as the C/O version ended up being too harsh for sensitive and dry skin. The N/D version is what I now use in the shower in the morning. I don't use it at night, however, and pick the Mary Kay Extra Emollient Cleansing Cream. I kept this C/O product (instead of returning it) because I want to try it during the humid summers here where something stronger might be necessary to remove facial grime.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this cleanser; my only complaint is that it is expensive. Because of the price, I only use it once a day (in the morning) and use the clearasil daily face wash in the evening.

on 12/11/2006 1:18:00 PM

I much prefer the soap version of this cleanser, for the same price it lasts ten times longer and is much gentler. This is way too expensive, you need to really use a lot of product to get it to lather up and cleanse properly. The little beads are irritating, stick to your skin after you dry your face and get in your eyes occasionally - as another reviewer commented, there aren't enough to exfoliate properly anyway. Does not cleanse or exfoliate effectively and leaves blackhead causing buildup on your skin.

I used to love this product. But then I decided it was too expensive (at $18 a pop I think) and switched to Dove's Gentle Exfoliating Daily Cleanser. After going back to the MK cleanser, I was so not impressed. Just a bunch of clear goop with hardly enough "beads" to exfoliate. The "beads" are supposed to contain anti-oxidants, I guess, but I'm sticking with my Dove.

I had been using the product for quite some time. At first it was ok(not great) and then my very oily skin developed dry flaky patches after cleansing-I chalked it up to the hot showers that I took at first. The exfoliating beads did not exfoliate I think they are more for decoration. I have stopped using this product and my skin feels so much better.

on 11/6/2006 1:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I decided to give this a try only because my mother sorta had a point in saying I should start using "anti-aging" products BEFORE I ever even start "the" aging process to prevent wrinkles, etc., hince the "anti" ( I'm only 17!). LOL. Anyway, This REALLY dryed my face out. And I have OILY skin. I loved the gel-texture, not so runny,.. really nice. Obviously the little beads aren't necessary as they don't do anything as far as exfoliation goes. I started getting PATCHES of dry skin on my cheeks and chin, and some parts of my forehead.. peeling really. The parts that were peeling on my chin actually HURT. Ouch. I have NEVER had this happen to me. And how unfortanete, my tube is practically full. I used it for about... 3 weeks? Yeah. I still think it's worth giving a try cause even if it didn't work for me, it might work for others.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have very oily skin and tend to have blackheads. This product has really been a blessing for me. I was a long time user of clinique's skin care program and really felt satisfied for the most part. The only thing with clinique's program is that it takes a bit of time and can actually dry my skin out which I didn't think was possible. This product foams up and gives my face that clean feeling without making it too dry. I have been using it for a couple of years and I'm convinced it's one of the best out there.

on 11/3/2006 12:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have very oily skin that breaks out occasionally. I thought this cleanser worked fine for my skin type. I really like the bottle. I don't feel that it offers much in the way of exfoliation or age fighting. But it does a good job of removing my makeup. I sometimes follow up with a separate toner.