Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Softening Cream Cleanser

Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Softening Cream Cleanser
No Title

3.7

Not tested on animals

2015 formula:Water (Aqua), Hydrogenated Polydecene (emollient thickener), Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate (mild cleansing agent), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil (antioxidant plant oil/emollient), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate (emollient), Polysorbate 80 (emulsifier), Laureth-4 (emulsifier), Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer (stabilizer), Cocamidopropyl Betaine (mild cleansing agent), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Beta-Glucan (soothing agent), Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate (surfactant/emulsifier), Butylene Glycol (slip agent), Disodium EDTA (chelating agent), Sodium Hydroxide (pH adjuster), Hexylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin (preservative).Old formula:Water, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate (very mild cleansing agent), Hydrogenated Polydecene (emollient), Acrylates Copolymer (suspending agent and film former), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil (plant oil/emollient), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate (thickener), Polysorbate-80 (emulsifier), Cocamidopropyl Betaine (lather agent), Glycerin (skin-identical ingredient), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract (anti-irritant), Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum) (emollient), Beta-Glucan (skin-conditioning agent), PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate (thickener), Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol (slip agents), Tetrasodium EDTA (chelating agent), Laureth-4 (surfactant), Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin (all preservatives), Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hydroxide (pH adjuster).

on 10/30/2013 6:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I think this is a nice, non-irritating (for most people - there are always exceptions, of course) cleanser. It has a light lotion consistency. You do have to rinse really well or a film will be left on your face. For that reason, I use it in the shower to wash my face. The reason I wouldn't buy it again is 1) I just bought sample packets and ultimately determined that I prefer the RESIST one among PC's cleansers, and 2) there are cheaper options available for similar drugstore cleansers.

2/19/16 update: I read that they updated this cleanser. I'm not sure if the sample I had was the updated cleanser, though. Anyway, I'm updating my review primarily to remind myself that my skin no longer likes this cleanser. Using it in the morning only (using my typical cleanser, PC's Resist cleanser in the evening) for three days caused a seborrheic dermatitis reaction, which is a shame because the cleanser felt so nice and hydrating. Changing rating to three lippies.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I first bought Paula's Choice Skin Recovery for dry to very dry skin line. The cleanser, toner & moisturiser. For the first couple of weeks or so, everything was great. My skin felt soft & it removed my makeup so well!!

The texture was a bit slimy/slightly sticky but I put up with that as it seemed like the only negative point at the time.

BOY WAS I WRONG!

I started to notice my skin was redder than normal. Then dry, flaky skin that got worse quickly. Then, peeling and irritation. IKES!

I stop using it and my skin recovered in less than a week. I found one use for it though

It cleans my makeup brushes well!!!!

Oh, and for the record? Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Toner and Moisturiser are the best!

on 10/12/2013 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

**I found out I can't use Propylene Glycol, and possibly Butylene Glycol. It took a long time to figure out but that's the reason I can't use this product**

(I have a few sample sizes of this) I sort of want to give this like a 3.2. It's average in my opinion, but doesn't break me out or cause any issues. It is most definitely a morning cleanser, and a mediocre one at that. I wouldn't even try to take makeup off with this. That said, it does feel ok on the skin, but just not quite there for me. I use an OTC cheap creamy cleanser that feels more moisturizing AND more refreshing/cleansing to me. (Keep in mind things like Cerave break me out big time, so for this to not do that is really a plus). I think some people with severely sensitive or dry skin could find use with this, as long as they don't have any allergies or reactions with the ingredients, but for me I think I will pass on purchasing this one.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This is a decent cleanser which removes my makeup without drying my skin and there is no annoying fragrance.
It doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes which is a big plus as well.
The amount of product is fairly generous too.

I don't think I'd re-purchase this as I have to order it online and wait about a week before it arrives (the convenience factor) and I think there are cleansers that work as well for the same price or less at the drugstore.

Still, Paula's Choice has some great skin care products, especially if you're battling acne or clogged pores.

on 8/26/2013 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

When I use a cleanser I love it when my face feel really clean and fresh, and this is not the case with this cleanser. It is a really creamy, milky product that is really gentle, without any offensive scent or dye, wich is great but I wish I would feel more ''clean'' after using this product. It's quite moisturizing for a cleanser and I love that. I would definitively recommend it for really sensitize skin as it's one of the only cleanser that doesn't leave my face red after using it. It's so soft that I almost feel like it did nothing at all, so I really don't know if I like it or not. It's a good product, I'm just not sure if this is for me. I've finished the bottle so I'll update if I'm missing this product after a while :-)

on 7/22/2013 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I would think of this version as PC's equivalent of Cetaphil or CeraVe, not lather or foaming type. Probably would be fine just in the mornings for a gentle, but I prefer PC's more lathery versions. The reason why I wouldn't invest more in it is b/c of the mineral oil, which is an ingredient I haven't had too much luck w/ for oil cleansing.

In my opinion this is an average cleanser. It does well at not drying out my face too much but I don't like the fact that it doesn't foam up and lather into my skin. It is a smooth lotion that when washed off doesn't feel like it did a whole lot for me.

Don't disregard this product because I do have a few girlsfriends that LOVE it but it just wasn't one of my favorites :(

on 4/26/2013 3:00:00 PM

I love this cleanser. I usually use cheaper drugstore cleansers(there are plenty good ones) but decided to try this. Unfortunately I'm hooked. I only use this mornings and my usual simple gel at night.It's a milky , creamy cleanser which is not drying at all. It dosen't foam at first but if you add a little extra water before you rinse it off it does foam up.No perfumes or artificial dyes.. I think perfuming the face be it in cleansers or moisturisers is madness.I read an article by a dermatologist recently saying that fragrance in skin care causes more allergic reactions than anything else, and I beleive it.That' s what I love about this no irritants. Will I repurchase. Definitely !!

on 4/16/2013 7:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Nice gentle cleanser. I like the milky texture. Great for cleansing your face. Not sure about makeup removal. You'll probably need a separate product for that.

on 4/13/2013 7:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this product for many years. It about the only one that does not irate my sensitive skin. I have combo skin and rosacea. It is creamy/milky in consistency. If you are not use to that just try it for awhile and you will get use to it. This product also removes makeup fairly well.