Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Softening Cream Cleanser

Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Softening Cream Cleanser
No Title

3.7

Not tested on animals

2015 formula:Water (Aqua), Hydrogenated Polydecene (emollient thickener), Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate (mild cleansing agent), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil (antioxidant plant oil/emollient), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate (emollient), Polysorbate 80 (emulsifier), Laureth-4 (emulsifier), Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer (stabilizer), Cocamidopropyl Betaine (mild cleansing agent), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Beta-Glucan (soothing agent), Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate (surfactant/emulsifier), Butylene Glycol (slip agent), Disodium EDTA (chelating agent), Sodium Hydroxide (pH adjuster), Hexylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin (preservative).Old formula:Water, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate (very mild cleansing agent), Hydrogenated Polydecene (emollient), Acrylates Copolymer (suspending agent and film former), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil (plant oil/emollient), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate (thickener), Polysorbate-80 (emulsifier), Cocamidopropyl Betaine (lather agent), Glycerin (skin-identical ingredient), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract (anti-irritant), Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum) (emollient), Beta-Glucan (skin-conditioning agent), PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate (thickener), Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol (slip agents), Tetrasodium EDTA (chelating agent), Laureth-4 (surfactant), Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin (all preservatives), Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hydroxide (pH adjuster).

on 9/22/2014 7:40:00 AM

Holy moly! I love this stuff I had really bad acne and such oily skin but after a couple days using this stuff I noticed an amazing change in my skin! It cleared my skin and ridded it of oil without drying it out! Totally recommend it!

on 8/18/2014 1:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I purchased the kit for Rosacea skin that leans dry even though I do not have Rosacea. I do have sensitive skin that is acne prone with a lot of surface redness. While this is a good cleanser for dry and/or sensitive skin I don't think it's anything special. It's a gentle non foaming cleanser, similar to CeraVe. A 12oz bottle of CeraVe runs about $10-12, whereas this is $16 for 8oz, so its a little bit more expensive, but Paulas Choice is still less expensive than department store brands. The cleanser itself is a bit runnier than CeraVe. So far this has done a good job of cleansing my skin without making it feel dry or causing irritation. This will be added to the short list of cleansers I can use. Not sure if I would repurchase, but it's a good option if you have dry or sensitive skin.

on 7/31/2014 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I HAD THE SAMPLE.
This and the toner in the skin recovery line both have a milky cream elegant like feeling on the skin. I don't know how much a face wash can really do to help in moisturizing dry skin as it washes right off but this will not hurt dry skin.

on 5/19/2014 11:39:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

A fragrance free, dye free gentle cleanser that effectively removes makeup and sunscreen without drying the skin. This seems actually soothing to my combination skin that is prone to redness.

on 4/29/2014 3:47:00 PM

I have very super sensitive skin that is prone to dryness, irritation and break outs.

I like this cleanser because:

- it hydrates my skin & does not dry up my skin
- feels clean and refresh
- calms my redness
- does not cause irritation or break outs
- no fragrance
- gentle

Other products I have tried and like are:

- Moisture Boost Cleanser OR Skin Recovery Cleanser
- Skin Recovery Toner OR Moisture Boost Toner
- Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant
- Skin Balancing Anti-oxidant Serum
- Skin Balancing Gel Moisturizer
- RESIST Anti-Aging Clear Skin Hydrator
- The Earth Sourced Skincare Line.

You can order various sample kits and try them to find your skin care regime that works for you. I mix and match my products. Definitely recommend Paula Choice products!

on 2/16/2014 3:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I really wanted to love this cleanser, having been a big fan of Paula. Before getting myself a biggest size bottle (wanted to save money), I had read really really a lot about cleansers because I have a very dry skin. I have got a problem with almost every cleanser available in the market. The only brand I could use was a local-made cleanser (which I guess was so very basic in terms of ingredients). When I decided to try this Skin recovery cleanser, I had a high hope. Turned out it dried me out and gave me little fine lines!

Sorry, this one is really not for me. I envy you those who are happily using this product!

on 1/29/2014 9:52:00 AM

This doesn't leave my face tight or traumatized. It removes most makeup except my Urban Decay eyeliner. I'm very happy with it.

on 1/25/2014 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My preferred method of makeup removal is with a cleansing lotion, I hate how oily most makeup removers are. This particular one is nice, but nothing really special. Maybe I'd like it better if I had dry skin, but as a makeup remover it works very well. But I *need* to follow it up with another cleanser, which makes me question how well it removes foundation (it's good for eye makeup). It doesn't break me out in itself, but if I don't follow it up with a deeper cleanser I will break out, so hmm. It also seems to leave a film until I use another cleanser. I'll definitely use it up (I'm almost done anyway) but once I do I'll be on the search for something better.

on 1/21/2014 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I am not this cleanser's intended audience. I have oily-to-combination skin that develops the occasional dry patch when the weather gets cold or if I've used something too harsh for my skin.

That being said, I like this product. There are no bells, whistles, fragrances, or wild claims. It's a gentle cleanser that removes my makeup thoroughly and does not irritate my skin. (**I do not use this to remove eye makeup as I find it can sting the eyes just a tad.**)

Over the years I've tried several different cleansers from various lines, ranging from drugstore to high end and this one out-performs them all. (But I will say that a close second is Purity by Philosophy, which I use to remove eye makeup. It does not sting or burn my eyes in the slightest, despite the inclusion of fragrant plant oils - go figure.)

When I was younger, it seemed I could use just about anything to wash my face without suffering any adverse effects. As I edge towards 40, my skin has become more sensitive and fussy, demanding a gentler approach. Paula's products are very carefully and thoughtfully formulated, so I never have to worry about dubious ingredients that could cause a reaction. I also appreciate her customer service reps and the company's generous return policy and, last but certainly not least, her stance on not participating in animal testing.

This is a free product which the distributor gave to me when I first ordered PC's products online. It says a lot when they shipped a 237ml "sample" cleanser for you FOC. I started using when I ran out of my Dermalogica Ultra sensitive cleanser and decided to give this a try as a morning gentle cleanser. I realized that although it claims to be suitable for sensitive, dry and very dry skin, it actually works fine for my oily/combi skin but not when I have super sensitive skin on days when my skin is under stress. I had since added on Neutrogena Gentle cleanser as I read on MUV that it is very gentle and does not smart my skin, however I found that the Laneige Sensitive Liquid Gel Cleanser is the best for days when I had ultra-sensitive skin condition.