Max Factor Lasting Performance Long Lasting Make-Up

Max Factor Lasting Performance Long Lasting Make-Up

Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Titanium Dioxide, Talc, Propylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, PVP, Laureth-7, Methicone, Trihydroxystearin, Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Paraffin, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Silica, Stearic Acid, Ethylene/Methacrylate Copolymer, Synthetic Wax, Microcristallina Cera, Polyethylene, Aluminum Hydroxide, IsopropyI Titanium Triisostearate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylene Brassylate, [ /- Cl 77492, Cl 77491, Cl 77499]

on 2/6/2008 11:38:00 PM

I started using this after I ran out of Clinique foundation. It was cheaper, but provides better coverage.

This definitely isn't sheer or for people who want light coverage. It is thicker than most other liquids I have tried. I actually found that it is better to apply concealer before applying this foundation, otherwise the concealer can't blend into the skin as well through the layer of heavy foundation.

Like the name indicates, this foundation stays put. It won't rub off and you won't need to reapply it throughout the day. Some days I get up for work at 5 a.m. and don't get home from night school until 10:15 at night. Most of my face needs touching up in that time, but not my foundation.

My only complaint is about the packaging. The bottle started to crack as soon as I began using it and now that I am almost through with it, I'm afraid that squeezing the last few applications out will finally cause one of the cracks to split open. Not good!

on 1/16/2008 10:35:00 PM

I really liked this foundation. It leaves a lovely, flawless complexion if it's applied with a brush and it doesn't seem to cake. I bought the lightest shade as I am very pale and I can honestly say that it's the best foundation that I've ever used.
I would definitely recommend this foundation. At 9.50, it's not that expensive and it's well worth paying a little bit more for a foundation anyway.

on 12/15/2007 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

IUPDATE 12/22/07: I think this is giving me small pimples here and there. ORIGINAL POST: love this packaging! I love the skinny tube and the squeeze nozzle. I will put a drop of this in my Oil of Olay Complete and make my own TM. The packaging, price and availablility is what I love best about this stuff. It doesn't seem too bad as a stand alone foundation. It does seem to go on a bit dry..and may show off those fine lines and wrinkles. Basically, once I smiled, I would have to smooth out a laugh line a bit. The foundation by itself is a "3 lippie", but that packaging is so easy to use for how I use it, I want to give it four lippies (I will stick with 3 since the review is about the foundation, not the package). I do like this for making a TM though and it fits easily in my makeup and gym bags!
Note: I am NW20 and use the Fair Ivory (I think). It is a close match, but not sure if it is a perfect match.

on 11/25/2007 3:10:00 PM

i like this product because it blends easily with my skin tone.The color matches the natural skin tone.I would probably buy it again.

on 7/31/2007 8:13:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This used to be my favorite foundation. I like the consistency - a liquid but not too runny and not too thick. Nice coverage - not too natural and not too heavy. Unfortunately I realized none of the shades are right for me. The fFair Ivory is too dark, a little too orange-yellow. I used to get Porcelain but that was too light (and I'm really pale) and it seems to be discontinued. I thought about mixing the two or adding a white liquid to the Fair Ivory but that would be a pain and a mess.
If they could come up with the right shade for me I would switch back.

I have used this on and off for years. I don't use daily, but if I'm going somewhere special and need spot-on perfect coverage. It's natural looking, too. Have had this in my drawer for years...been through many tubes!

I've been using the light champagne color for years...only foundation I've ever found that matches my skin so perfectly. It's a great cover for imperfections (you don't need to cake it on for good coverage) and hasn't caused break-outs with my fairly oily skin. I combined it with fair neutrogena skin clearing pressed powder though. Seems to work well together. Doesn't come off either. Only complaint is that light champagne is really difficult to find.

on 10/3/2006 3:13:00 PM

I don't know how I did it. I found a foundation that not only covers flaws & goes on smooth, but also is the exact shade as my skin (True Beige #5). I thought I would always be on the quest for that ever-elusive perfect tone shade.

on 9/7/2006 6:20:00 PM

I borrowed this off my mum since we have similar colouring. This is easy to blend in and covers blemishes well. You only need a small amount for good coverage. packaging is a squeezy plastic bottle so easy to use.

I used this 3 nights in a row and cleansed thoroyghly after each night but a couple of days later I had a major breakout on my cheeks, a place I don't normally get acne (luckily, the breakouts are gone now...phewww...) so I would not recommend this product to someone who is prone to acne, has greasy skin and easily gets blocked pores as you will risk getting more spots!

also the foundation will smear onto clothing.

on 7/25/2006 5:55:00 PM

*UPDATE 25/01/08* First I have to say I don't use this foundation anymore. However, looking back on it, I don't think it's true that this caused me breakouts... Sorry for the false alarm! ;P I used to really like this foundation but now I've tried more department store stuff, I do find Lasting Performance can look ashy on my skin tone, especially when I look at pics of me with this on back then, contrasted with what I wear now... In terms of coverage, texture and wear this is definitely good though! ***** I got this in Soft Beige 2 years back and the shade matches my skin tone quite well! It offers great coverage, enough to even cover up my hideous acne scars if you apply it in layers carefully! It has a rather dewy finish if you have the right amount of moisturizer underneath, but with oily skin like mine I usually dust on some loose powder on top for a matte finish. I use this primarily for nights out because it *really* LASTS!!! Say if I put it on at 5 pm and go for a night out and get home at 4 am, my makeup would still look about 70% as good as it was when it was just applied (also taking into account all the perspiration on my face in the club and what have you...!!). I was very happy with this foundation until recently, about 3-4 months ago, when I started using this everyday (as opposed to once/twice a week). My skin started to breakout a lot more frequently and I thought it must have something to do with this!! I stopped using it altogether about 2 weeks ago and switched to Shu Uemura Velvet Powdery Foudnation and my skin has cleared up a lot since... Thank God!!! It's a shame that I'll have to stay away from Lasting Performance, which would otherwise be a HG foundation... Well I still highly recommend this product though! Definitely worth a try if you're not so prone to breakouts!