Weleda Wild Rose Intensive Eye Cream

Weleda Wild Rose Intensive Eye Cream

3.5

Ingredients (INCI): Water (Aqua), Prunus Persica (Peach) Kernel Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Alcohol, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Hydrolyzed Beeswax, Rosa Moschata (Rosehip) Seed Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil Unsaponifiables, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Sedum Purpureum (Orpine) Extract, Euphrasia Officinalis Extract, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Beeswax, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil Unsaponisables.

LIke other reviewers have said - I was completely fooled by the use of the word "intensive". It sucks. It isn't even as emoillent as a standard face cream.

Don't waste your money - it stinks.

I purchased mine for about $35 Australian - a huge waste of money for something that didn't deliver. I do like other Weleda products. I love the almond oil and intensive face cream. The rose body oil is an absolute winner. But this doesn't work!!

This is by far the worst eye cream I've ever used. It made my eye area look wrinkled. When we were kids and in plays playing older people, we used to put something on our faces (egg whites?) to make our skin look wrinkled and old. This is exactly what this cream does to my eye area. Bags, crinkles, creases, wrinkles: if you want them, use this cream. I returned it after using just a couple of times.

on 1/11/2008 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

It's an okay eye cream. Nothing special. There's nothing intensive about it. Smells nice and the texture is nice. No improvements seen after 2 tubes.

Update: I have been using this for the last 6 months about 3-4 times a week at night time. As I was surfing MU for eye treatments...I just realized I am wrinkles free around my eyes now and do not require anything new to be picked up. Hmmm...not sure if this is what got rid of my lines (and boy did I have many!!) but something is really working...it could be the jojoba oil I use to moisturize my face.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I used this well over a year ago (12/2007, reviewed 01/2008), and it was a disaster. Tried it again, and I've changed my mind hence updated review.

Nice gel/cream, quite intensive, you only need a dot. I think that's where I went wrong before, applying too much in a thicker layer (never sank in, was greasy, flaked off, nasty in eyes, too rich and heavy). Minimum of ingredients, including peach, sweet almond, jojoba, rosehip, and avocado oils (full list at end of review).

It does need a light hand - just dotted on, then patted in, and very little of it. And it doesn't sink right in. Eye creams containing mineral oil seem to be the best for that; shea butter ones if your skin can take them (can be too rich and lead to milia, but all depends on the quantity of shea butter - ex. Simple Kind to Eyes is fine on me).

The Weleda joins the ever-increasing ranks of eye creams containing rose hip/seed oil: Aubrey Organics, Dr. Hauschka, Trilogy, and the more expensive Darphin. And there is always the option of mixing in some straight-up rose hip oil with your regular eye cream, or applying it beforehand as a serum.

No miracle results to report, and I found - like with the Trilogy - initial results were good but it needed reapplication during the day. While the texture is lightweight, it's too rich to use in a thicker layer (will just sit there, then dry, then flake off). On the other hand, no irritation, so no disaster either. There are other "less green" eye creams I've preferred (still, by companies that don't test in animals, and use at least some plant ingredients). On the "green" front: Beauty Without Cruelty, Aubrey's Organics, Kiss My Face, Zia, and AnneMarie Borlind make the best light-but-moist eye creams I've tested so far - with results closest to the "less green" ones.

Cheap in Europe (GBP 9.00 / EUR 14.00), probably more in USD. Definitely the cheapest rosehip oil eye cream on the market here, though.

INGREDIENTS: Water (Aqua), peach (Prunus persica) oil, sweet almond (Prunus amygdalus dulcis) oil, alcohol, jojoba (Buxus chinensis) seed oil, hydrolyzed beeswax, Rosa moschata seed oil, avocado (Persea gratissima) fruit oil unsaponifiables, glyceryl stearate SE, orpine (Sedum purpureum) extract, Euphrasia officinalis extract, xanthan gum, sodium beeswax, olive (Olea europaea) fruit oil unsaponifiables. continued >>

This cream did not moisturize my eye countour area at all! I'm only 25 so I don't need a lot of help from eye creams but it was not enough even for me. I am quite disappointed with it. I love the tube (hate how most all eye creams come in jars) and the price but it really is much too light for me. I ended up throwing it away and I am still looking for a good eye cream.

on 6/19/2007 3:24:00 AM

Good eyecream - leaves the skin smooth and refreshed (but still matte) overnight. Like the metal tube, although the 10ml is a bit small. Only problem I had with it is that it hated all my concealers (Prescriptives and Bourjois) and would react with them into little flakes. However, problem solved with CD Hydrating Concealer.

on 5/10/2007 5:32:00 AM

This was not moisturizing enough for me. The consistency was too thin. I would not purchase again.

on 4/30/2007 2:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Nothing to rave about. Didn't bother my (very) sensitive eyes, but didn't do much for them either. Bit the bullet and am back to Shiseido's Benefiance, and still thrilled with it.

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

First of all I got this eye cream because of the goood ratings here, and I am glad that i did. I'd been seeking an eye cream desperately. I had puffy and tired eyes, and I did not want something so thick that it'll make my eye the puffier... I feel that this cream gives my eyes enough moisturization and not overwhelming. It has a light smell but unnoticeable. Also the tube seems like it's gonna last forever. I def recommend it to people esp those with young skin.

I bought this eyecream after reading the reviews here and I have to say I am quite disappointed. I have dry and sensitve skin around my eyes and I was looking for an eyecream to hydrate well without causing irritation and hopefully plump up the fine lines as well. 1- This cream is much too thin and light for me. It provided very little moisture. 2- The fragrance, while natural, is strong. 3- The packaging is hygienic but dents easily in my make up bag and I worry about the metal tube eventually breaking. The price was reasonable and I think this would be worth trying if you are looking for a very basic eye cream. It is everything but intensive, in my experience. For the record, I purchased Clinique All About Eyes Rich next and I am much happier with that one.