Alba Botanica Terra Tints - Blaze SPF18

Alba Botanica Terra Tints - Blaze SPF18

Not tested on animals

Active Ingredients Zinc oxide 5.1% Ingredients Organic cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, organic olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax, organic beeswax, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, caprylic/capric triglyceride, silica, calcium sodium borosilicate, organic mentha piperita (peppermint) oil, polyhydroxystearic acid, triethoxycaprylylsilane, tocopheryl acetate, extract of calendula officinalis flower and echinacea purpurea. May Contain: mica, iron oxides, titanium dioxide. 6/30/09

on 7/6/2009 7:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this product! The color choice is great for my pale skin, it is moisturizing and it stays put on the lips for a long time. For the price, you can't beat this if you want a natural product. Wonderful find!

on 4/19/2009 7:08:00 AM

I dont like this lipbalm. The color is pretty, but it migrates outside my lips too easily. As a balm it is just ok, nothing special. I love tinted lipbalms, but to me this one just wasnt good enough.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This product has been reformulated-- a few years ago I bought it and it had SPF 18, and now it has "non-chemical sunscreen" (zinc oxide) and SPF 8. The new ingredient seems to have given the product a different texture; it's much more waxy and opaque. I actually like that, because I can achieve anything from a sheer tint (one swipe) to a lipstick-like opacity (several swipes).

Blaze is the only color in the lineup I like: a pretty rosy-mauvey-pearly red with duochrome shimmer that's a lot like MAC's New York Apple. A very '80s color, in a good way. The peppermint tingle is mild and disappears quickly, not like Burt's Bees! Overall, this is a good value for $4. I like it as well as BB's lip shimmers, which contain half the amount at a higher price and don't have sunscreen. It can be a bit hard to apply the Terra Tint evenly, though, as it's a wide chapstick-like design rather than a slimline tube. Minor gripe, 1 lippie off for that.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Although I first used this product about seven years ago, I had completely forgotten about it until today. I saw a display of these balms at CVS, so I decided to pick up Blaze. It's almost exactly like I remembered! It's a nice shimmery reddish lip balm with a minty smell. The texture is fairly creamy, and the color isn't too over the top. I like the fact that it contains spf 8, so it's a good everyday product. The only issue some may have is that the color gets a bit streaky if you apply it with a heavy hand. Then again for $4, it's a fairly good product.

i love this balm, but i hate this particular color on me. it's a semi-sheer wash of shimmery orangey-red. the balm is thin, smooth and moist with a pepperminty taste and smell. it also provides spf18 protection. would probably be lovely on those without a cool complexion. cool PPP skintone, brown hair and eyes.

on 4/21/2006 4:55:00 PM

This actually pretty pigmented for a balm and two layers gives me bright red lips. A little sheerer and I get a nice, straightforward, warm red with no shimmer. There's a minty tingle and no taste. The balm feels slick, is not particularly moisturizing (I layer a real balm beneath it since I consider this more of a cosmetic) and is pretty inexpensive. I like Blaze as an alternative to my Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer in "Nutmeg" since the latter is more orangey and shimmery and will probably repurchase.

on 2/21/2006 8:28:00 PM

I like Terra Tints, but Blaze is too opaque for my taste. I love the tingly feeling on my lips and it moistruizes quite well.

on 2/20/2006 12:35:00 AM

Great your-lips-but-better shade for pale, cool-toned gals. Minty, SPF 15, and around $4.00US. I've bought many tubes of this in the past and will continue to buy it in the future.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I first discovered this inexpensive lip balm last winter, when I was looking for something slightly more tinted than a LipSmackers that would also heal my dry, chapped lips. Eight months later, I'm on my 4th tube, and I LOVE it! It's my "your lips but better" HG shade, and I've worn practically nothing else on my lips since I first found it.
"Blaze" is a shimmery berry color in it's chapstick-like tube, but on (on me, at least), the shimmer is not quite so noticeable, the color appears more reddish and is nice and sheer, not heavy or overly lipstick-like. It looks nice by itself and compliments lighter makeup, and it has a fresh peppermint scent and no real flavor to speak of. It moisturizes and heals chapped lips very nicely, and another thing I've noticed is that I haven't gotten a cold sore on my lips since I started using this. Whether the lip balm has anything to do with that or not is beyond me, but this is one of my all-time, very favorite, cannot-live-without-it products, and there are VERY FEW of those!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

It's such a shame they don't make this in a more understated color for my PPP complexion as I love the idea of combining lipcolor and sunprotection at such low costs.
Blaze is a vibrant cherry red that is just a bit much for everyday. I don't care for the minty taste and since the colors are not for me I won't repurchase, but it could work for others.

Top Rated Lip Treatments